ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 324
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
SAUTO 08:51 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't get it. I just don't understand.

ITS A TALENT PROBLEM, they say, and then they'll pay Dee Ford $15 million to be a situational pass rusher and have NO MONEY to sign proven veterans at other positions of need.

Oh, and you can pick up a nice pick too, probably a #2. so you could draft like, Jaylon Edwards, who's a killer pass rusher that also is a good run defender from Lousiana Tech and a proper RDE in a 4-3.
I think we should move from him.

I just disagree with sdh assessment of his production
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:54 PM 01-27-2019

ITS A TALENT PROBLEM, they say, and then they'll pay Dee Ford $15 million to be a situational pass rusher and have NO MONEY to sign proven veterans at other positions of need.

Oh, and you can pick up a nice pick too, probably a #2. so you could draft like, Jaylon Edwards, who's a killer pass rusher that also is a good run defender from Lousiana Tech and a proper RDE in a 4-3.
Speaking of trucks containing large cargo, another poster linked up the "Alex Smith signs 4 year contract thread" earlier. I decided to take a trip down memory lane for shits and giggles, and let me tell you; there's a WHOLE "Brinks truck" O' Moron in THAT fucking thing...damn.

Enjoy!

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=286110
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 PM 01-27-2019
Apparently ford made some comments at the pro bowl about being excited to get in and meet the new dc and get back to his auburn playing style days

Sounds like the tag is coming
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:59 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Apparently ford made some comments at the pro bowl about being excited to get in and meet the new dc and get back to his auburn playing style days

Yep.. saw it live.
[Reply]
tk13 09:03 PM 01-27-2019

That may not mean anything. The team may not have sorted out everything they want to do yet.

At the same time, Spags is always a guy who had a lot of success with defenses that were loaded with pass rushers he could rotate through. That's plays in Ford's favor.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:03 PM 01-27-2019
Spags is gonna unleash a defense so aggressive and malevolent in nature, that Big Jim Johnson himself is gonna piss himself in the grave

CONVINCE ME I'M WRONG
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:05 PM 01-27-2019
He also said "I hope I come back". Spags hasn't been here for even a week. I HIGHLY doubt that such a decision has even been brought up for discussion, much less relayed to the player.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:05 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Spags is gonna unleash a defense so aggressive and malevolent in nature, that Big Jim Johnson himself is gonna piss himself in the grave

CONVINCE ME I'M WRONG

IF...he's allowed to do it his way, yes.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:07 PM 01-27-2019

He’s gonna be disappointed when we tag and trade him.

He doesn’t fit well in the Spag defense and he’s a valuable asset in the NFL right now. Chiefs need to swing him for a good pick. The Packers (who have the Saints pick at the end of the first round) actually make a lot of sense now that Mike Smith is there and they are absolutely desperate for a pass rusher . . . .

I don’t hate Dee, but he’s had one good season and has had injury issues during his time here. Not worth a big contract.

Make it happen, Veach!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:13 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I think we should move from him.

I just disagree with sdh assessment of his production
He's a productive pass rusher; it's just that it's all he is. He's a liability against the run or if asked to cover.

That would still be fine if he wasn't going to cost $15 million plus. Even that would be tolerable if we weren't in need of NFL starting quality talent at a few other positions.

We really don't want to HAVE to start like 4 rookies.
edit-I guess it'd be like 3 by my count, at SAM, one CB, and a S. Plus whoever's going to play on first down and any down less than 4 yards in Ford's spot. I mean it just doesn't make sense.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:06 PM 01-27-2019

Jaylon Ferguson.

Yeah, he’s a stud. I’d trade Ford in a heartbeat to get cheaper on the defense seeing as it is limited what we can do with the albatross Houston and Berry contracts. A low 1 or high 2 could nab a promising DL/Edge player - this draft is deep at D-line.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:21 PM 01-27-2019
If Houston and Berry give a single fuck about winning anything here in KC, they’ll rework those contracts. I’m cautiously optimistic that something will happen with both.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:29 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If Houston and Berry give a single **** about winning anything here in KC, they’ll rework those contracts. I’m cautiously optimistic that something will happen with both.
Don’t kid yourself.

Berry will milk his ailments for every red cent. Why have we not heard of a scheduled surgery for him? His drama will drag into the Summer, then Fall, and we will be back on a day to day status with him as he motivates from the sideline. Houston is his best bud, so however Berry goes, so does Houston.

They are no longer leaders of this team. They will soon become like DJ, Hali - great players, but could not win when it counted. They need to decrease, while Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Jones increase.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:35 PM 01-27-2019
I don't see why Justin Houston is lumped in here. Houston was one of our most impactful players on defense this year.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:38 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I don't see why Justin Houston is lumped in here. Houston was one of our most impactful players on defense this year.
His cap hit is $21M for this year. Can save $14M if he’s released.

He was really good down the stretch, but $21M good?
[Reply]
Page 74 of 324
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up