ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 453 of 662
« First < 353403443449450451452453 454455456457463503553 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:52 PM 07-11-2016
Originally Posted by alnorth:
According to his manager, Jon Jones missed out on an 8-figure payday, which is kinda hard to believe.
Isn't that what conor was gonna get?

I'm doubting Jones was getting that
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:07 PM 07-11-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Isn't that what conor was gonna get?

I'm doubting Jones was getting that
Lesnar got 2.5 million for UFC 200, the highest recorded payday by the UFC to date. I doubt either McGregor or Jones were going to get more. DC made half a mil plus a percentage of the buys. Probably 2-3 mill all together.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:10 PM 07-11-2016
According to his manager, Jon Jones missed out on an 8-figure payday, which is kinda hard to believe.

So that's why he was upset.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:13 PM 07-11-2016
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Lesnar got 2.5 million for UFC 200, the highest recorded payday by the UFC to date. I doubt either McGregor or Jones were going to get more. DC made half a mil plus a percentage of the buys. Probably 2-3 mill all together.
You're right, I was confusing it with the stupid mayweather rumors.

Boxing, wrestling, wwe, mma are all blending lately
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:14 PM 07-11-2016
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Plus Lesnar gets PPV points. Kevin Iole said after it's all totaled it could be around $15-20 mil.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:20 PM 07-11-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
So that's why he was upset.
If its even close to true, then he's even more of an idiot than I thought. When you have life-changing money on the line why would you risk it? Even if you sent a batch to get tested, if something weird happens you are still off the card, maybe cleared later but out the money.

Why the hell do you even need to take supplements when its such a creepy industry that is completely unregulated and the risk is so great? I'd be scared to even take a vitamin C pill if I was a UFC contender, just eat food and drink water.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:44 PM 07-11-2016
If its even close to true, then he's even more of an idiot than I thought. When you have life-changing money on the line why would you risk it? Even if you sent a batch to get tested, if something weird happens you are still off the card, maybe cleared later but out the money.

Why the hell do you even need to take supplements when its such a creepy industry that is completely unregulated and the risk is so great? I'd be scared to even take a vitamin C pill if I was a UFC contender, just eat food and drink water.

Couldn't agree more.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:49 PM 07-11-2016
I gotta say, the ROI for the UFC is probably the best I've ever heard of for any company. The Fertita's bought it for 15 mil about 15 years ago. They sold 10% to Abu Dhabi for what I heard was 150 mil, now they get to keep a minority interest and pocket 4 billion. That's nuts.
[Reply]
alnorth 11:19 AM 07-12-2016
This isn't officially confirmed by anyone, but a lot of high-profile people are confidently saying that Jon Jones tested positive for estrogen blockers. From what I read, that is basically a big flashing neon sign that he was on steroids, and he's probably not going to get away with a light 6 month suspension. USADA may even hold firm on the 2 years.

That shit is not in supplements, and would not be the kind of thing that might sneak into a batch in a machine that wasn't cleaned properly from a different supplement to taint a supplement. The only reason for a healthy young man in his 20's to take estrogen blockers is to restart his natural testosterone production after a cycle of steroids. So, Jon Jones probably has some creepy doctor or medical guy in his inner circle who convinced him that they can do short little cycles and dodge the tests, and USADA probably got lucky with a random test at the right time, where they missed the steroid but got the estrogen blocker, and where it would not have been positive a day or two later.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:35 AM 07-12-2016
This isn't officially confirmed by anyone, but a lot of high-profile people are confidently saying that Jon Jones tested positive for estrogen blockers. From what I read, that is basically a big flashing neon sign that he was on steroids, and he's probably not going to get away with a light 6 month suspension. USADA may even hold firm on the 2 years.
Actuall
That shit is not in supplements, and would not be the kind of thing that might sneak into a batch in a machine that wasn't cleaned properly from a different supplement to taint a supplement. The only reason for a healthy young man in his 20's to take estrogen blockers is to restart his natural testosterone production after a cycle of steroids. So, Jon Jones probably has some creepy doctor or medical guy in his inner circle who convinced him that they can do short little cycles and dodge the tests, and USADA probably got lucky with a random test at the right time, where they missed the steroid but got the estrogen blocker, and where it would not have been positive a day or two later.
Actually there are several very effective over the counter estrogen blockers. Many companies use them as an ingredient in their "test boosters". Im pretty sure GAT, a company he sponsors, uses them in their Finajet product.
It really just depends if they can identify the actual compound.

But if that is all he tested positive for I think there is a decent chance he unknowingly took it. Now if it was Clomid or Nolvadex, then yeah he knew what he was doing.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:14 PM 07-12-2016
huh, thats random. Just noticed there's a UFC fight night tomorrow on FS1. Considering that its buried in the middle of the week, the card looks OK.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:26 PM 07-13-2016
prelims start in a half hour. Couple decent fights tonight.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:28 PM 07-13-2016
I'm in, will always watch the freebies when I know they're on

Decent fight from a couple young guys to start
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:13 PM 07-13-2016
Someone PLEASE beat that guys teeth into his skull

Sam Alvey the retarded wannabe WWF guy
[Reply]
alnorth 06:17 PM 07-13-2016
no way, Sam Alvey is awesome. He understands how the game is played. If you are humble, respectful, never call anyone out then you might eventually get a top-10 fight if you string enough wins together.

If you can talk and be entertaining, then you fight more often and get more opportunities. Boring fighters outside the top 15 wait forever for their phone to ring again, he wants to keep fighting several times a year.
[Reply]
Page 453 of 662
« First < 353403443449450451452453 454455456457463503553 > Last »
Up