ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 95
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:00 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
How about that. They got the Commissioner to say it.

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:00 PM 06-05-2020
As for Patrick, I remain convinced that kid has a heart of gold and did this because he’s been sickened by some of these recent deaths just like the rest of us

Where it gets muddled and goes off the rails is putting a halo on someone like Mike Brown, among others... but as the #1 star in the league there’s just no way he could stay mum

He’s a very young man trying to navigate his way through all this

Does this ad hurt my perception of him?

Absolutely not
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:05 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
As for Patrick, I remain convinced that kid has a heart of gold and did this because he’s been sickened by some of these recent deaths just like the rest of us

Where it gets muddled and goes off the rails is putting a halo on someone like Mike Brown, among others... but as the #1 star in the league there’s just no way he could stay mum

He’s a very young man trying to navigate his way through all this

Does this ad hurt my perception of him?

Absolutely not
Its already started thanks to the tweet, Pick a team, kneel or not. He's becoming the face of the NFL. I dont see how he can avoid getting dragged into this even further.

[Reply]
Lprechaun 05:13 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think too many people continue to presume that officers aren't trained to hell and back or that there's not a few people who, regardless of training, simply do not get it. Every one of us in positions have management have had those people. Some are just dumb, but most just aren't quite wired for the job. ANY jobs has that problem and for the people that cause the most problems, there's just no amount of training that will plow this through their skulls. If it's not innate, it'll always be forced and in high-stress situations, it'll fail.

To use a football analogy - Tebow looked like a normal human being throwing a football in warmups after he spent a full year being coached up on it. As soon as real bullets were flying and the adrenaline ramped up - he looked like he was throwing with the wrong hand again.

Officers go through extensive training. And departments try to vet them as well they can. But ultimately sometimes there just isn't much cream in the bucket and they need officers. And sometimes those sorts are guys you can get to be facially competent but are always going to be prone to making the wrong move and you won't be able to separate those folks as well as you'd like until it happens.

The lack of empathy is the worst part for me, I'd agree. But now you really do have people who were put there for a particular purpose with a job to do. Remember, that was the 'crowd control' division of that unit and yes, when that's your unit there are going to be situations where people get hurt. What I wonder if specialized units such as those aren't MORE prone to that sort of stuff.

What I find interesting is that is a unit that is mobilized on the fly from existing officers rather than a standing unit. When there's no use for crowd control, they have 'regular' jobs within the department. I do like that idea in that it should keep them largely in a 'community policing' mindset. But I also wonder if maybe being dropped from a relatively unique environment into a suddenly very high stress one doesn't create some level of system shock. I don't believe for a second those guys go around shoving old folks while just walking the beat in their usual job.
It takes longer to become a barber or hair stylist than it does to become a police officer. You might need an associate's degree but more hours are spent training on the actual job of cutting hair than becoming an officer.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:19 PM 06-05-2020
And when the conversation takes that turn I just have to tap out because I don't think many of us have the knowledge base to speak to it.
I certainly don't and upon re-reading that post, realize that it comes off sounding like an empty promise that a politician on the campaign trail would make.

But, we have seen police department reform in this country. The LAPD was notoriously awful for decades and while it's fun to watch film noir and great movies like LA Confidential, police departments of those nature just cannot exist in modern society.

After Daryl Gates was fired, the LAPD's tactics were changed nearly overnight. And while they're not perfect today, they're far superior to any police force this city has ever seen. Could anyone here imagine the aftermath of the riots last week had LAPD not reformed their tactics? Would we see hundreds of deaths? Thousands?

Again, I certainly don't have the answer but it seems to me that there must be smart, educated and talented people working for police forces all over this country that know all of the gritty details about policing, who could come together and create a new standard for all police departments across the country.

Otherwise, unnecessary violence, brutality and killings will just continue until something truly catastrophic happens that affects all of us, regardless of race or creed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:21 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
It takes longer to become a barber or hair stylist than it does to become a police officer. You might need an associate's degree but more hours are spent training on the actual job of cutting hair than becoming an officer.
Show your work. The average length of police training throughout the country is roughly 22 weeks extending to 30 in some cases. Officers then go through a probationary period for around a year. Explain to me how you can complete training without fieldwork. This isn’t being a barber where you can practice on a fake head. You cannot complete training until you have been in the field so trying to remove that from what you consider the “training period” is wholly disingenuous. Is it your position that police officers should remain in the books for a year until such time as they are allowed on the field for what, another year under probation?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:29 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Man, that didn't take long. Pretty impressive feat.

I'd love to hear Roger explain why they chose to make the wrong choice in 2018.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 05:31 PM 06-05-2020
Show your work. The average length of police training throughout the country is roughly 22 weeks extending to 30 in some cases. Officers then go through a probationary period for around a year. Explain to me how you can complete training without fieldwork. This isn’t being a barber where you can practice on a fake head. You cannot complete training until you have been in the field so trying to remove that from what you consider the “training period” is wholly disingenuous. Is it your position that police officers should remain in the books for a year until such time as they are allowed on the field for what, another year under probation?
A fake head isnt real hair either.
Average hours spent to become an officer in the US 300-800.
Average hours to become a hairstylist or barber 900-1500.
Florida is 1200 hours, Mo is 1500.... you can do your own leg work if you want but theres your shown work. :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:37 PM 06-05-2020
The requirement of going to a longer Police Academy to get your MO Post Certification is certainly a little better now than when I became a LEO. I took a 4 week course at UCM, passed the easiest test ever and thrown on the job. :-)
[Reply]
dj56dt58 05:42 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Man, that didn't take long. Pretty impressive feat.

I'd love to hear Roger explain why they chose to make the wrong choice in 2020.
fyp
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:51 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
fyp
That's just stupid as fuck.

The NFL wants peace with the players because their contract with the networks expire in 2021 and they're looking to sign the largest TV broadcast deal in the history of television.

If Goodell and the owners decided to fight the players on this issue, what do you think would happen to this season? Or next season?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:55 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
fyp
I’d prefer if you didn’t intentionally misquote me.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:55 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I agree that no one is perfect. But in the case of Mr. Floyd, the officer accused of killing the man had 18 prior complaints.

Obviously, that officer is far from perfect but IMO, he should have been fired or removed from duty after the 5th complaint, not after the 19th complaint, in which a person lost their life unnecessarily.

Heads need to roll in that police department and others around the country need auditing as well.
Imo that auditing needs to happen by another branch of law enforcement like the FBI To ensure the teammates aren’t judging teammates.

Otherwise, the same problems will persist with slaps on the wrists for murders. Obviously the checks and balances need major updates.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:57 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's just stupid as ****.

The NFL wants peace with the players because their contract with the networks expire in 2021 and they're looking to sign the largest TV broadcast deal in the history of television.

If Goodell and the owners decided to fight the players on this issue, what do you think would happen to this season? Or next season?
that decision has already been made. Goodell and the NFL know the tweets are coming. They have decided this path over the shitstorm that the tweets can cause. Without the players cooperation there is no new trillion $ TV package deal.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:26 PM 06-05-2020
I guess that I will have to just tune in after kickoff every week to avoid seeing everyone take a knee. Ugh! I thought that bullshit was over. Now, thanks to an idiot cop in Minnesota, the whole country has lost their dang minds.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 95
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Up