ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 301 of 386
« First < 201251291297298299300301 302303304305311351 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:15 PM 05-12-2019
Jesus Christ.

That fucking SUCKED.

Fuck.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:15 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yep. Makes the Night King the most bad ass character in the show, being the only one to kill a dragon, and 2 of them at that. Instead, he shares the feat of killing a dragon with deus ex horny pirate.

Excellent point.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:16 PM 05-12-2019
I'm left scratching my head....two years to write 6 episodes and they come up with this?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:17 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I'm left scratching my head....two years to write 6 episodes and they come up with this?
But were your expectations subverted?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:17 PM 05-12-2019
It's....not good.

Can't wait to see what they do in the Star Wars universe. /sarcasm
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:18 PM 05-12-2019
It seems like the writers are subverting expectations just to subvert expectations instead of subverting expectations in a logical way for the characters to do so.

Tywain setting up the red wedding? Logical.
Dany going all sociopath burn them all? Not logical.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:20 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It seems like the writers are subverting expectations just to subvert expectations instead of subverting expectations in a logical way for the characters to do so.

Just like she forgot about Euron's fleet, she forgot she was supposed to help the repressed millions and not be the Mad Queen Daenerys Targaryen....
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:21 PM 05-12-2019
I liked how Euron jumped off the boat in the middle of the bay with full armor on and swam to shore to only quickly start fighting Jamie. The guy has some stamina.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:22 PM 05-12-2019
Daenerys stormborn, first of her name, breaker of chains, queen of the andals, and starting her period tomorrow. Not her fault for irrational overreaction.

I do t get all the hate. It's not perfect but it's been entertaining.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:22 PM 05-12-2019
Arya is the most OP character in history....

JFC the descent continues.

I read a rumored leak a little while back that made me LOL at how preposterous it was and holy shit....it might be happening. I cannot believe it...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:22 PM 05-12-2019
Anyway, these hos ain't loyal.

I'm out.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:22 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:

That's exactly the issue with these later seasons. They're writing with the destination in mind rather than figuring out where the logic could take them. The latter approach is much more interesting but results in GRRM never being able to finish it. The former is hard to accept at all once you're used to the latter.

So here we are. It sucks, but I've decided to take a zen approach to it and accept it for what it is. At least we only have to handle one more week.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:22 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I thought that she was going to go roast Cersei and then destroy the Red Keep. Or possibly try to roast Cersei as she fled, and bring the keep down on top of her. Only one episode left though. I guess shit has to be resolved one way or another.
I thought that too. I was hoping that. That, at least would have been just. I remember she said to Jon, when he wouldn't kiss her back, that she'd very well would choose fear then. Or she said, then fear it is! That indicated to me she was feeling very insecure. Hence the destruction she waged instead. The Starks will have to kill her then. Perhaps the queen Arya ends up killing will be Dany.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:24 PM 05-12-2019
Yeah in our Deadpool right now I'm just marking her and Jamie as MIA. If they don't show up again in the last episode they gone.
He should have bled out long before that anyway. But of course nobody should have survived the Battle of Winterfell, so I guess they're all superhuman anyway. Except when they're not. :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:24 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
But were your expectations subverted?
Yeah that's probably a fair point. I might be feeling the same thing I did when Ned got his melon lopped off.

I think Dany going all crazy bitch was a bit over the top though. Her completely going nuts murdering innocents was so far out of character it doesn't seem to fit to me.
[Reply]
Page 301 of 386
« First < 201251291297298299300301 302303304305311351 > Last »
Up