ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 199 of 386
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203209249299 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:09 PM 04-21-2019
Another thing sort of getting glossed over is the fact that they did finally answer the question of what the white walkers are wanting (the night king anyway)
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:04 AM 04-22-2019
There is an awful lot to unpack on an episode that nothing happened.

Really good performances all around.

The knighting scene was fucking first class, and that montage was marvelous. John and Dany's scene was well done, especially given how it would be such an easy thing to fall off the rails. Jamie's scene in the Hall was really well done too.

I was pretty frustrated with however the fuck you spell his name's casting as Jamie, but as he got into the character and they quit trying to have him fight, he's really done a hell of a good job for the most part. There were scenes that definitely didn't work, but his time in this season, Retaking Riverrun, and the Season 3 character arc is really fucking good work.

Originally Posted by DaFace:
So if next week is the battle, then we have three more episodes for....what?

Only thing I can think of is that there's a major curveball coming. John becomes the Night King and takes everyone to kill Cersi or something and the zombies all live happily ever after as cold dead people or something.
They get their asses handed to them and head south. Battle for Winterfell might be over by this time next week, but the war isn't. My guess.

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Yeah it was a bit creepy.
Maisey Williams is actually pretty outgoing with her body outside of GOT. I mean It's weird as fuck that she was so little in the first season, but that was NINE years ago.

Some of the pictures of her and Sophie Turner partying it up are pretty interesting. Turner is a classic beauty and Williams is a little fireball.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:05 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Another thing sort of getting glossed over is the fact that they did finally answer the question of what the white walkers are wanting (the night king anyway)
Eh, seems a little wonky. Literally nobody had heard of this dude until Bran shows up and he's suddenly the key to humanity's existence?

Whatever.
[Reply]
smith11 12:18 AM 04-22-2019
You've still got Bronn out there with the crossbow.

I think he actually kills Tyrion, after listening to Tyrion talking to Jamie on the battlements. Probably not next week, but it's happening. Plus he said that bit about 'one of you two will be wearing this soon' and then they spend the rest of the episode building him back up with Dany.

So Jamie lives long enough to kill Cersei. Fulfills Maggy the Frog's prophesy.
may be he kills the ice dragon with the cross bow
[Reply]
Pogue 12:41 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
we may still see it. Promises were made. We were shown that Cersi wanted him punished. He had to know there was risk to him sitting up the meeting. He was promised something. We also had his little buddy remind Bronn that that the offer still stands that he would double whatever was offered to kill him.
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I might be willing to bet a week's pay that the conversation we did not see between Bran and Tyrion is EXTREMELY important and will come back into play later (probably in the resolution of the Lannister children).
Tyrion was awfully confident in the happy hour by the fire place scene that took place after talking to Bran. I think he even mentioned or said that they (everyone in the room) would all make it out of there alive. Though that puts it at odds with Bran telling Jamie there may not be an afterwards.

I’m sure a lot was said, and wonder if he knows Aegon Targaryen is the true heir to the throne and not Dany. Might help with his quest to overthrow Cersei.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 01:57 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I just have this feeling Jon will sacrifice himself to kill the Night King....

I kinda think it’s how Jamie goes out, won’t be the first time he tries to end a war with one quick act. Only this time Bronn isn’t there to tackle him, and it’s not an old mad king stabbed in the back.

I have to admit the Knighting scene was one of the coolest things I've seen on this show...
Agreed, good acting, nice payoff and I love tormund’s reaction, beaming like a soccer dad.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:34 AM 04-22-2019

[Reply]
dirk digler 07:10 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
isnt that weapon Arya had made some kind of dragon killer?

I think everyone is speculating that she kills the Night King with it.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:18 AM 04-22-2019
Pod with the magic cock and voice?

Too bad he’s just a mediocre swordsman.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:54 AM 04-22-2019
everyone is forgetting that Ghost finally made his appearance
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:13 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Ghost!!!!
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
everyone is forgetting that Ghost finally made his appearance
Nope
[Reply]
Valiant 08:46 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
So if next week is the battle, then we have three more episodes for....what?

Only thing I can think of is that there's a major curveball coming. John becomes the Night King and takes everyone to kill Cersi or something and the zombies all live happily ever after as cold dead people or something.
1. Everyone meets
2, everyone drinks has sex
3. Battle, half die, lull in battle
4. 2nd battle, final battle
5. Lannister army rolls up, start new battle, half of everyone dies, Starks retreat to greyjoy castle. backup arrives from second sons. Or Lannister and bought warriors show up to battle and the new troops turn on Lannisters.
6. Ride to iron throne and destroy it. Follow-up stories.
[Reply]
Valiant 08:48 AM 04-22-2019
That was such a masterfully bittersweet episode. We're losing some of these people next week and it's going to hurt. A lot.

Oh Arya. Why'd you have to go and turn a little bit human. One of you two has to go now, after that. And you're definitely not dying yet, so it's him. Plus, it's Game of Thrones, so they'll do something extra awful. Maybe turn Gendry into a walker first and then make you put him down.

That's gonna suck.

Brianne has that just awesome moment, so she has to lose someone. It's too early for Jamie, so farewell Pod.

Those were the obvious ones. Maybe I'll feel some more after second viewing.

Jon and Dany are done. The look on his face at her reaction says it all. 'I just told you I'm your nephew and all you talk about is the ****ing iron throne'. I don't think he gives a shit about the throne, and once she processes it I just don't see either one of them open to incest, even if it is Targaryen tradition. Heartbreaking.
I thought she was going to slice his throat right there in the crypt before the battle even starts.

Then he can ride the undead dragon.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:01 AM 04-22-2019
I just have this feeling Jon will sacrifice himself to kill the Night King....
Another part of me guessing. What if there always needs to be a night king? Steal part of world of Warcraft the lichking. Always need a leader of the dead. So one of them becomes the new king and goes back to the north?
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:07 AM 04-22-2019
Popular theory is that the Night King is headed to Kings Landing with zombie Viserion to rape faces.

That would seem to make sense given the number of episodes left.
[Reply]
Page 199 of 386
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203209249299 > Last »
Up