petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:03 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
So you didn't "tell" anyone anything.

You're hoping.

Me too
Told you we're hoping he got fired already, if not make it happen post haste!
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:04 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Never would have imagined a 2nd round rookie getting torched by a hall of fame TE.

Crazy shit
An HOF tight end who is also old and slow.

Might have been nice not to have him there was my main point.

But the rest of our D was so gassed, from sucking so bad throughout the game that they couldn't get off the field. So we didn't even have a bunch of our starters in with the season on the line.
[Reply]
chinaski 07:23 PM 01-21-2019
Sutton should have been fired after TMZ broke that story of him hitting a woman in a hotel after the Chargers loss. I mean, they fired Hunt for the same thing, but no, THE OLD WHITE MAN GETS A PASS.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:26 PM 01-21-2019

Most losses in a season with 31+ points scored (including playoffs), NFL history
2002 Chiefs - 4
2018 Chiefs - 4

— Scott Kacsmar (@FO_ScottKacsmar) January 21, 2019

[Reply]
dirk digler 08:06 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

There you go Reid, all the reason you need to fire Sutton

[Reply]
O.city 08:26 PM 01-21-2019
The defense under Sutton has always tried to play around guys instead of thru them. They don’t fight off blocks or play with an aggression.

They need to blow the whole staff out and just start over
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:27 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by Icon:
Offensive Coordinator Reid was outcoached by Head Coach Billichek in the AFCCG.
FYP

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 08:30 PM 01-21-2019
Honest question:

Is Sutton the problem or the personnel?

My take: Personnel.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:34 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
Honest question:

Little bit on both, what make Sutton so much worse is the fact he didn’t adjust to his personal by calling for double teams and LB in zone over middle
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 08:43 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Little bit on both, what make Sutton so much worse is the fact he didn’t adjust to his personal by calling for double teams and LB in zone over middle
I dunna know. I'm 1/2 way to rewatching the game. I'll get the All 22 on Wednesday.

To me, Sutton has always been a sound defensive coach. Hes just not a risk-taker IMO.

When he was with the Jets, they were loaded with LBs who can cover and play the run and had shut down CBs (Revis, Cromartie). He gave us major problems.

If you guys think hes time has passed, Im not in a position to debate. Hes up there in age. Maybe hes lost whatever creativity he has left?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:58 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
Honest question:

I think it's Sutton, because good coaches adapt to the skills of their personnel.

Yet, Sutton calls his defense, his plays and concepts with no regard to the strengths and weaknesses of his players. If he needs a LB to drop in coverage or zone, and Speaks is in the game instead of DOD, it doesn't matter.

A good, competent Defensive Coordinator considers his his personnel when designing game plans and choosing defensive packages during a game. Sutton does not.

One of the things that Reid says that pisses me off the most is when he compliments Sutton for making adjustments, because he rarely makes adjustments that actually effect the outcome of the game.

If Ford, Houston, and Jones were not outstanding individual performers, we would have lost more than 4 games.

So, maybe we don't have many defensive players that are on the same level with those 3 guys, but it's the Defensive Coordinator's job to coach them up and to put them into positions designed to help them succeed.

Sutton routinely puts his players in positions that can only result in failure, unless the opposing team is just as bad as our defense.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:01 PM 01-21-2019

Andy Reid should’ve replaced Defensive Coordinator Bob Sutton. Chiefs version of the Rex Ryan Defense is outdated & heavily reliant on elite personnel that’s simply hard to assemble. Expect #Chiefs replace Sutton this offseason. Folks in KC recognize talent > performance.

— Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) January 21, 2019

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:29 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The defense under Sutton has always tried to play around guys instead of thru them. They don’t fight off blocks or play with an aggression.

They need to blow the whole staff out and just start over
Exactly. Yeah could they use better players sure but the same problems have shown up for 6 years regardless of who is out there. So it’s obviously a coaching/philosophy issue at its core.

I want the defense playing with aggression and fire with leads that Mahomes is bound to build up week after week.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:34 PM 01-21-2019
Is it too much to ask to have a DC who can develop game plans like Belichick did in expertly shutting down the Chiefs offense in the first half?
[Reply]
tk13 09:49 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Is it too much to ask to have a DC who can develop game plans like Belichick did in expertly shutting down the Chiefs offense in the first half?
Well Belichick is probably the best to ever do that. The guy has been shutting down high powered offenses for 30 years. That might be a high bar to reach, but it can certainly be better than what we've seen.
[Reply]
Page 284 of 298
« First < 184234274280281282283284 285286287288294 > Last »
Up