ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 209 of 383
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259309 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:47 PM 12-24-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
That's a good lineup. Although, I had 12.25 on tap in Houston a couple of weeks ago, and didn't like it as much as I did with previous releases.
It was my first Stone product, so I have nothing to compare it to. Really enjoyed it, didn't realize it was over 9% ABV. Realized about halfway through the 2nd.

:-)
[Reply]
Third Eye 06:09 PM 12-24-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
It was my first Stone product, so I have nothing to compare it to. Really enjoyed it, didn't realize it was over 9% ABV. Realized about halfway through the 2nd.

As big of an IPA fan as you are, I'm surprised this was your first Stone product. They were on the forefront of the lets make the biggest, most in your face IPA possible movement. About 5 years ago they released a 10th anniversary Ruination that was just intended to be a one off niche product, but became so popular that they produce it annually. Goes by the name Ruinten now. Look for it next fall. It's a monster though, so be warned. I want to say they doubled the amount of hops relative to the ruination and the abv is around 11%.
[Reply]
Third Eye 06:13 PM 12-24-2015
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
As big of an IPA fan as you are, I'm surprised this was your first Stone product. They were on the forefront of the lets make the biggest, most in your face IPA possible movement. About 5 years ago they released a 10th anniversary Ruination that was just intended to be a one off niche product, but became so popular that they produce it annually. Goes by the name Ruinten now. Look for it next fall. It's a monster though, so be warned. I want to say they doubled the amount of hops relative to the ruination and the abv is around 11%.
Oops, it's a summer release. I don't know why I was thinking fall.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:46 PM 12-24-2015
Thanks for the heads-up. I've really enjoyed 12.25, so I'm sure I'll be trying more of what Stone has to offer.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:52 PM 12-24-2015
Had a Founders Project PAM on tap tonight. Really loved it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:07 PM 12-24-2015
Stbc Choklat for me tonight
[Reply]
phisherman 09:11 PM 12-24-2015
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Had a Founders Project PAM on tap tonight. Really loved it.
I really enjoyed this beer. It was a bit different than I expected; didn't taste the maple at all, even at room temp. Lots of bourbon barrel character, but nothing like the other maple bourbon barrel beers I've had from Founders.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:59 PM 12-24-2015
Originally Posted by phisherman:
I really enjoyed this beer. It was a bit different than I expected; didn't taste the maple at all, even at room temp. Lots of bourbon barrel character, but nothing like the other maple bourbon barrel beers I've had from Founders.
I have to agree. I picked up a bunch of vanilla and the sweetness of the barrel but didn't know about the maple until I read the description. I really enjoyed it though, all 2 of them.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:42 AM 12-25-2015
Not a bad haul. Got a case of BBQ, but I knew that was coming. Also got a couple of IPAs that I have wanted to try but only recently moved within distribution, Fat Head's Headhunter and 3 Floyds Arctic Panzer Wolf. Admittedly, I've heard that the Panzer Wolf isn't as good as some of the other FFF IPA offerings, but that's ok. Also got a Stone Enjoy By Black IPA which I didn't even know was a thing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:53 AM 12-25-2015
Panzer Wolf is no Permanent Funeral, but it's still a great DIPA. FFF IPA's are all about their freshness, imo.

I'm not a huge black IPA fan, but that Stone Enjoy By was one of the best ones I've had. Nice haul.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:28 PM 12-25-2015
Yeah, black IPAs are hit and miss with me as well. Wookey Jack is one of absolute favorite beers, but I've yet to have another that I have liked as much. Unfortunately, it would seem that I am getting sick for the first time in 2015, so I'll probably wait a couple days before I break in.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:01 PM 12-25-2015
Yeah, black IPAs are hit and miss with me as well. Wookey Jack is one of absolute favorite beers, but I've yet to have another that I have liked as much. Unfortunately, it would seem that I am getting sick for the first time in 2015, so I'll probably wait a couple days before I break in.
I'm dying to crack my BBQ, but I still have 6 pounds of beef tenderloin to smoke. Would prefer not to hear how I got fucked up and ruined dinner.

So, Two Hearted it is.

[Reply]
ChiefRocka 03:08 PM 12-25-2015
Weihenstephaner Dunkels all night....fell down stairs.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:12 PM 12-28-2015
Drinking the gingerbread stout right now. Pretty damn good. Tastes like sweet ginger upfront then a bit of typical stout bitterness that turns quite naturally to a blackstrap molasses flavor.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:59 PM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Drinking the gingerbread stout right now. Pretty damn good. Tastes like sweet ginger upfront then a bit of typical stout bitterness that turns quite naturally to a blackstrap molasses flavor.
I'm glad you enjoyed that one, man. I'm a fan of Buffalo Bayou, for the most part. They do good beer.
[Reply]
Page 209 of 383
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259309 > Last »
Up