ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 82
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
Simply Red 11:29 PM 04-20-2012
Annie and Mary were either sisters - or SIL's - I can't remember - I liked both, it was just really a nice combo, Uncle Harry used to have quite the spread, Spaghetti, German Potato salad + Fried Chicken all from Annies, then he always offered either Pepsi or Tab, our choice.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 11:32 PM 04-20-2012
Don't know if it's still there. Haye's hamburgers in North K.C. One of the best greesey burgers ever.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:29 AM 04-21-2012
Originally Posted by Chief Faithful:
I went to Truman State when it was still called Northeast Missouri State. Was the Blue Moon Cafe just north of the square still around when you went? The old lady would pan fry hamburgers and serve with a Double Cola.
I was in Kirksville when the Maid-Rite closed, about a year before Roseanne started pimping loose meat sandwiches.
[Reply]
Viper400 05:30 AM 04-21-2012
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If any of you went to college at Truman State:

Pancake City.

It's a 24 hour greasy spoon that offers a huge truck stop type menu along with a lot of interesting local fare.

The best food:

Grub fries. French fries covered in pan fried bacon, with sour cream, melted liquid cheese (very important) and ketchup.

That along with either an order of biscuits and gravy or toasted ravioli makes for the greatest drunk food imaginable.

I refuse to eat at Waffle House just b/c I've been so spoiled by "The Shitty".
Bogey's. The Wooden Nickel.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:31 PM 06-25-2012
I imagine one led to the other.

June 7, 2012 Health Code Violations

Waid’s, 6920 Mission Road, Prairie Village, had 12 critical violations during a May 24 follow-up inspection. They included: Bread for toast was adulterated with raw egg when an employee did not change gloves/hand-wash between tasks and turkey was adulterated with ink from date-marker, and black beans were date-marked May 14 and chicken was date-marked may 15, longer than the seven day limit and a repeat violation .

Restaurant officials did not return phone calls.

Waid’s closes in Prairie Village
BY JOYCE SMITH
The Kansas City Star

One of the metro’s last Waid’s restaurants has closed.

The restaurant in the Prairie Village Shopping Center, 6920 Mission Road, Prairie Village, closed Sunday night, according to Cathy Dieckman, former assistant manager of the Prairie Village restaurant. The owner could not be reached for comment.

A Waid’s restaurant at 1130 W. 103rd St. is still in operation.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:48 PM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Heh! My sister was a waitress at Waid's in high school (1970s). It's still exactly like it was back then. Old people, bad food and depressing.

This is a review from kclunchspots.com

[...]

Despite a decent appearance my sandwich tasted like nothing and was cooked to death. The french fries, however, were woefully undercooked.

I gotta be honest. That looks pretty good to me right now.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:23 PM 04-14-2014

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:16 PM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Looks like dog shit, son.

Get some TACO FUCKING BUENO

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:23 PM 04-14-2014
Its probably been mentioned in this thread but Spring River Inn was a buffet place that used to exist in Riverton Ks. Damn good food.

I worked another buffet place called The Gazebo in Joplin while I was in HS. Pretty much all the food was made from scratch. Pretty good stuff as well.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:38 PM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its probably been mentioned in this thread but Spring River Inn was a buffet place that used to exist in Riverton Ks. Damn good food.

I worked another buffet place called The Gazebo in Joplin while I was in HS. Pretty much all the food was made from scratch. Pretty good stuff as well.
My grandmother used to work at that homecooked spot at the Carthage Airport - her good old friend Pat owned it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:39 PM 04-14-2014

[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:44 PM 04-14-2014
I miss Texas Tom's.
[Reply]
Valiant 07:55 PM 04-14-2014
I am not as old as some of you fucks. But,

Hays hamburgers in the Northland. Still eat there.

There was a place in Independence, off of 24hwy. Backstage BBQ, it was not bad. Never understood why it did poorly, I think location. Then there was a Pioneer type place across the street for breakfast.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:57 PM 04-14-2014
I remember Rax but I think that was just a Mid-Atlantic thing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:07 PM 04-14-2014
When I was a fat hambeast in college I used to get up and have breakfast on the run probably 3-4 times a week at Taco Bueno.

I'd get a large pepsi and a chicken quesadilla. That's like 900 calories, easy. :-)
[Reply]
Page 48 of 82
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up