ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2570 of 2693
« First < 1570207024702520256025662567256825692570 2571257225732574258026202670 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 02:21 PM 12-04-2023
I think the WR's not even running the route Mahomes has in his head is a major factor here. How many times has Mahomes thrown the ball and guys don't run the right way? Shit we've seen that from MVS like 8X this year. Watson did in vs Philly. Skyy isn't on the same page last night.

This shit is gonna make Mahomes worse. And it's baffling bc it sure as hell looks like Mahomes is right on those. Are these WR's just not smart?

Watson and MVS both had open field downfield where Mahomes throws it but they end up going toward the goddamn safety in the middle of the field rather than the open space.

Mahomes can't do this shit himself.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:34 PM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You're nut hugging of players is unmatched. LeBron and Mahomes are just completely untouchable in your mind. They never make mistakes and can never have a shred of criticism.

This is effectively what Mahomes is dealing with this year in terms of his WR play. If you don't see that in watching the games, I can't help you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think the WR's not even running the route Mahomes has in his head is a major factor here. How many times has Mahomes thrown the ball and guys don't run the right way? Shit we've seen that from MVS like 8X this year. Watson did in vs Philly. Skyy isn't on the same page last night.

This shit is gonna make Mahomes worse. And it's baffling bc it sure as hell looks like Mahomes is right on those. Are these WR's just not smart?

Watson and MVS both had open field downfield where Mahomes throws it but they end up going toward the goddamn safety in the middle of the field rather than the open space.

Mahomes can't do this shit himself.
What's so odd is that I don't feel like we saw this nearly as often last season with basically the same cast of characters.

Why this year?

It really does make one question the coaching. We sometimes forget how subdivided a practice can be. These WRs are spending FAR more time with the WR coach than they are with Reid or Nagy. He's the guy who can do the most to get those details sorted with them.

And he's just not. Though our former WR coach is still on staff (passing game coordinator) and we have a WR coaching the RBs. It's not like there aren't voices in the room that should be able to address this.

I dunno - it may just get back to "Man, it's REALLY hard to repeat in the NFL" because it seems like these are basic issues but we sure seem to be struggling to get a grip on them. Could it be just simple complacence? Kinda seems that way...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:50 PM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What's so odd is that I don't feel like we saw this nearly as often last season with basically the same cast of characters.

Why this year?
Rashee Rice's average depth of target (ADOT) last night was 1 yard.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Rashee Rice's average depth of target (ADOT) last night was 1 yard.
And JJSS had the lowest ADOT among qualifying WRs in the NFL last season.

Again - we've pretty much just replaced JJSS with Rice.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:00 PM 12-04-2023
And JJSS had the lowest ADOT among qualifying WRs in the NFL last season.

Again - we've pretty much just replaced JJSS with Rice.
was it A FUCKING YARD?

WHERE WERE THE BACK SHOULDER THROWS BRO?

time to admit you were wrong...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 12-04-2023
was it A FUCKING YARD?

WHERE WERE THE BACK SHOULDER THROWS BRO?

time to admit you were wrong...
Ah - So Rashee Rice forgot how to catch them now?

Uh...no, don't think that's the case.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:03 PM 12-04-2023
Ah - So Rashee Rice forgot how to catch them now?

Uh...no, don't think that's the case.
The case is, he isn't giving us what JuJu did. And you thought one back shoulder play changed that.

His targets are, by and large, manufactured. JuJu was running a much more developed route tree.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:06 PM 12-04-2023

Why this year?

It really does make one question the coaching. We sometimes forget how subdivided a practice can be. These WRs are spending FAR more time with the WR coach than they are with Reid or Nagy. He's the guy who can do the most to get those details sorted with them.

And he's just not. Though our former WR coach is still on staff (passing game coordinator) and we have a WR coaching the RBs. It's not like there aren't voices in the room that should be able to address this.

I dunno - it may just get back to "Man, it's REALLY hard to repeat in the NFL" because it seems like these are basic issues but we sure seem to be struggling to get a grip on them. Could it be just simple complacence? Kinda seems that way...
The new WR coach does seem to be one major change that might be impacting the performance. He's a young dude, maybe in over his head in that job at the moment.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:07 PM 12-04-2023
The case is, he isn't giving us what JuJu did. And you thought one back shoulder play changed that.

His targets are, by and large, manufactured. JuJu was running a much more developed route tree.
No, he really wasn't.

Go the Seahawks game last season - ADOT of 1 for JuJu. He had games exactly like this. And his targets were absolutely manufactures.

I thought PM just needed a chain mover? Rice converted 4 1st downs yesterday. A reliable possession receiver? 8 catches on 9 targets.

Yes, Rice is giving us what JJSS did. You just don't seem to have recollection of what it was JJSS actually DID last season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:12 PM 12-04-2023
his targets were absolutely manufactures.
No, they weren't. He was getting out and running routes a LOT more than Rice is.

Rice is not giving us what JuJu did.

JuJu ADOT - 7.3

Rice ADOT - 4.3

The next time Rice makes a play like this, you fucking quote this post.

OR THIS

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:14 PM 12-04-2023

Rice could do more traditional WR plays but they don't do that yet with him.

I would like to see him outside running slants and posts down the field but right now Reid/Nagy see him as a YAC chunk play guy where he gets the ball near the LOS and accelerates past people.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:26 PM 12-04-2023
The next time he catches a crosser? An intermediate out?

Are you serious with this shit?

What is that 2nd play, exactly? Mahomes gets to the back of his drop and immediately throws the out route. "Not schemed" or whatever other such nonsense you are spewing... That's not a 'manufactured target' when Mahomes was clearly setting up for that throw with his eyes and fired it as soon as he hit the back of his drop?

And Rice made a play exactly like that crosser two weeks ago - Mahoms bought time, stepped up, Rice found a hole:

Again - what in the actual fuck are you babbling about? This gaslighting is just bizarre.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:28 PM 12-04-2023
The next time he catches a crosser? An intermediate out?

Are you serious with this shit?
Rice has made neither play this year.

Nice try with the GIFs, not the same thing.

ADOT doesn't lie. I suggest you take the L this time. You tried to hand it out last week, but you jumped the gun based on one play.

Maybe come back in the playoffs if he develops more.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:36 PM 12-04-2023
"Not the same thing"

Because Clay deems it so. Nevermind that it's absolutely the exact same thing. The only difference is the YAC from JuJu on that play, an area where Rice has him smoked on average vs. what JJSS did last season.

Like I said - leave it to you to put your hand outside and tell us if it's raining. Guy's averaged 5/60 over his last 7 games and you're still out here trying to argue that he's not giving us what JuJu could despite having numbers that are virtual carbon copies over JJSS and his 5 catches/58 yards/gm last season since week 6 when his snap share went up.

This is EXACTLY what we were getting from JJSS. And the efficiency numbers say the only reason he's not strafing them is the nonsensical WRBC crap.

He'll continue to beat those figures going forward. And you'll continue to see what you want to see instead.
[Reply]
Page 2570 of 2693
« First < 1570207024702520256025662567256825692570 2571257225732574258026202670 > Last »
Up