ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2472 of 2693
« First < 1472197223722422246224682469247024712472 2473247424752476248225222572 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:05 AM 05-02-2023
Also: Our QB was at the Met Gala. Take that in for a second. Motherfucking Superstar.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:15 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
mahomes looking like a mid 90s rapper :-)
Or a dude from a boy band...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:19 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Also: Our QB was at the Met Gala. Take that in for a second. Motherfucking Superstar.
Biggest we've-made-it moment for a Chiefs QB since Elvis Grbac was the Sexiest Athlete Alive in '98.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:20 AM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Twitter used to have blue checkmarks for people that were "verified". Basically it was there so people knew who the real version of someone was.

When Elon bought it, he charged people $8 a month and anyone could be "verified". In doing that, he removed the verified checkmarks that were there before.

When those people didn't want to pay for it, like Lebron, he said **** you to a lot of them but basically gifted verification to Lebron James and I think Stephen King but I could be wrong.

Tyreek is saying that he gifted one to Lebron but not Mahomes.
Musk gave Pat his verified check back after Pat asked him. Dude has some clout
[Reply]
philfree 12:34 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Also: Our QB was at the Met Gala. Take that in for a second. Mother****ing Superstar.
And that's supposed to be a good thing? He needs to stay away from shit like that and the people who attend.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:50 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Biggest we've-made-it moment for a Chiefs QB since Elvis Grbac was the Sexiest Athlete Alive in '98.
On accident.

The photographer was supposed to take photos of Rich Gannon but all he was told was "The Chiefs Quarterback" and someone directed him to Grbac.

Life before Mahomes was...different.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RunKC 01:21 PM 05-02-2023
I still think back and find it crazy that our QB beat 3 of the best rookie contract QB’s in a row on one leg while costing more than any QB has against the cap ever.

We’re blessed man. It’s never gonna be better than this era
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:33 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
And that's supposed to be a good thing? He needs to stay away from shit like that and the people who attend.
Oh fuck off. Pat can live his life how he wants.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:36 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
On accident.

The photographer was supposed to take photos of Rich Gannon but all he was told was "The Chiefs Quarterback" and someone directed him to Grbac.

Life before Mahomes was...different.

Spoiler!
:-) I never knew all of that. I thought Grbac being on there was on purpose.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:36 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I still think back and find it crazy that our QB beat 3 of the best rookie contract QB’s in a row on one leg while costing more than any QB has against the cap ever.

That is amazing now that you posted it. We are truly blessed.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:49 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
On accident.
Yup, pretty legendary story.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:07 PM 05-02-2023

It won't get easier. The Eagles found a way to cheat the cap with Jalen Hurts' contract. They added a bunch of void years to it, so his cap hits are pretty low for the next 4 years. They will continue to have a loaded roster for the next 4 years. By the time the QB cap hits actually become expensive in Year 5 of the deal, they will simply do a new contract to give them a bunch of low cap hits once again. Keep doing this until the QB is washed up in 10+ years.

I think Joe Burrow's contract will be structured in a similar way to the Jalen Hurts deal. It will probably allow them to keep both Chase & Higgins. I wish the Chiefs would tear up Patrick's deal and do something similar. It makes no sense for him to be the only QB in the league where his cash flow actually matches his cap hit, while everyone else is getting twice as much cash as their cap hits.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:26 PM 05-02-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It won't get easier. The Eagles found a way to cheat the cap with Jalen Hurts' contract. They added a bunch of void years to it, so his cap hits are pretty low for the next 4 years. They will continue to have a loaded roster for the next 4 years. By the time the QB cap hits actually become expensive in Year 5 of the deal, they will simply do a new contract to give them a bunch of low cap hits once again. Keep doing this until the QB is washed up in 10+ years.

I think Joe Burrow's contract will be structured in a similar way to the Jalen Hurts deal. It will probably allow them to keep both Chase & Higgins. I wish the Chiefs would tear up Patrick's deal and do something similar. It makes no sense for him to be the only QB in the league where his cash flow actually matches his cap hit, while everyone else is getting twice as much cash as their cap hits.
Those teams will have no choice but to rework the contract when it comes to the void years. Patrick’s deal currently is perfect bc until 2030 minus 1 year of a $62 million cap hit, his avg cap hit is around $45 million which is cheap. These QB’s are already getting into the $50 million threshold and Burrow/Herbert is gonna push it to at least $53 million.

The Chiefs are paying Patrick a discount while also paying him a fuck ton of money in the long run
[Reply]
DRM08 02:29 PM 05-02-2023
Those teams will have no choice but to rework the contract when it comes to the void years. Patrick’s deal currently is perfect bc until 2030 minus 1 year of a $62 million cap hit, his avg cap hit is around $45 million which is cheap. These QB’s are already getting into the $50 million threshold and Burrow/Herbert is gonna push it to at least $53 million.

The Chiefs are paying Patrick a discount while also paying him a fuck ton of money in the long run
But those guys don't have cap hits of $50M per year. Jalen's cap hits are chump change the next 4 years, the highest one is $31M in Year 4 of the deal. By that point the cap will have increased to the point that $31M will be a pretty huge bargain. They'll just do something else with the contract at that point to keep cheating the cap beyond Year 4 of the deal as well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:32 PM 05-02-2023

NYC pic.twitter.com/7aKOm9N8HU

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) May 2, 2023

[Reply]
Page 2472 of 2693
« First < 1472197223722422246224682469247024712472 2473247424752476248225222572 > Last »
Up