ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Transitioning to a DEFENSIVE team..how would you do it?
UChieffyBugger 05:34 PM 10-14-2019
How would yall approach this? Because yesterday was the last straw for me...imo we're NOT winning the championship this year and we're NOT winning one until we have a competent defense. So if you were Clark how would you approach this? Is it just a matter of replacing Andy with a defensive minded coach? Is it about keeping Andy but getting rid of Veach and finding a GM who has a history of being in a defensive culture who can transform this roster? is it a matter of getting rid of Spaggs? Because the bottom line is Spaggs has a history of having bad defenses despite the odd occasion of success.

I think it's a mixture of everything tbh. Andy is stuck in his ways and I'm not sure he could handle transitioning into a defensive team. Veach is a young pup that has made so many mistakes from Ragland, to Hitchens, to Clark etc and his efforts to improve the CB position has been pathetic.

I'm merely thinking long term here...Pat has NEVER had a good defense in his entire college and pro career!!...enough is enough now, time to start the process as soon as this season ends and we as fans need to make sure the club knows that we want this to happen. Our time of possession yesterday was the LOWEST in Chiefs franchise history...let's learn from what happened with Rodgers in Green Bay and act NOW.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 06:48 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
For starters, I would've never and would never give a HC so much power esp. when it comes to personnel. If they're slanted towards one side of the ball or the other, you get what we're seeing now.

The GM and Head Coach should always work hand in hand yes but have separate duties and the GM's job should be to build a balanced team...take that how you will...
Belichick disagrees
[Reply]
Jerm 07:04 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
Belichick disagrees
Belichick is an outlier....I mean if you can find another Belichick sure.

There's only one though....
[Reply]
Jerm 07:06 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Clark tried to do that.

Andy got pissed about Dorsey cutting Maclin and Charles. He refused to sign an extension unless Clark fired Dorsey immediately and gave the job to his buddy Veach.
Right and that was a stupid thing for Clark to do....
[Reply]
TEX 07:17 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
If our defense could just get off the field as fast as our offense we'd win every game 55-3
And IF they could just stop the run a little bit we'd win 35 - 21. Which would be fine with me.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:28 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
Belichick disagrees
Belichick has a career 52-60 record in games where he was the HC (in Cleveland and New England) without Tom Brady as his QB.

Having a HOF QB has also helped cover for Belichick's questionable personnel/draft moves during the past few years.

Let's see what happens when Brady retires.

The question is will you still be on the bandwagon.
[Reply]
Hoover 07:51 AM 10-15-2019
I wouldn't do it.

Embrace the fact that we have a stud QB, protect him, and give him weapons.

Spend your FA money there. Invest in the defense through the draft.

Look at all the $$$ this team has spent on defense and they don't have shit to show for it. Yeah, Frank Clark looks like a bust, but Houston's huge contract was horrible, Berry same thing, Hali was painful. You don't hire Andy Reid and draft Pat Mahomes and they try to be a defensive team. Not going to happen. Just deal with it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:01 AM 10-15-2019
Lose a Game, Do the Opposite
The Secrets to Winning in the NFL
[Reply]
cron912 08:10 AM 10-15-2019
Step 1: Hire a defensive minded head coach
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:22 AM 10-15-2019
A middle linebacker has long been considered "the QB of the defense".

Right now, the QB of the defense is the equivalent of Elvis Grbac.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:23 AM 10-15-2019
So we go back to shit that didn’t work before??? Just need some sort of balance between both sides of the ball..
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:46 AM 10-15-2019
Play good football.

Wait, that's Romeo's idea.
[Reply]
TEX 08:49 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I wouldn't do it.

Look at all the $$$ this team has spent on defense and they don't have shit to show for it. Yeah, Frank Clark looks like a bust, but Houston's huge contract was horrible, Berry same thing, Hali was painful. You don't hire Andy Reid and draft Pat Mahomes and they try to be a defensive team. Not going to happen. Just deal with it.
:-)
[Reply]
Strongside 08:50 AM 10-15-2019
We don't need to become a defensive football team.

We are an offensive football team that just needs the men on the other side of the ball to play halfway competent football and earn their fucking paychecks.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:01 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I wouldn't do it.

YEEEAAHHH let's make Mahomes Marino #2!!!...I'm sure everyone would enjoy watching our stud QB not winning anything like the fins fans obviously did!!! Woop woop :-)
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 10:07 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Belichick has a career 52-60 record in games where he was the HC (in Cleveland and New England) without Tom Brady as his QB.

Having a HOF QB has also helped cover for Belichick's questionable personnel/draft moves during the past few years.

Let's see what happens when Brady retires.

The question is will you still be on the bandwagon.
Year 1 in CLE and Year 1 in NE were blow up years

To include those to support a "BB sucks w/o Tom" argument is not accurate.

He went 11-5 w/ Matt Cassel in 2008

He went 3-1 w/ Jimmy G and Brissett in 2016

He went 11-5 w/ Vinny T in 1994

Was 3-1 in 1995 then the owner announced they'd move.

The point is a singular "Czar" of a football team works but it requires an individual who has an appreciation for both sides of the ball and the cap, scouting, FA and never deviating from the "system".

I think Reid needs a better DC. Spags is so overrated.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up