ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>January Crock Pot Goodies
gblowfish 12:34 PM 01-26-2021
It's crock pot season! Here in cow country, there's all kind of funky receipes for Crock Pots. I went to a pot luck party in Lexington, MO a few years ago and one of our friends brought what she called "Cowboy Beans." This is the recipe. You can do this in the oven at low heat -275 degrees- or in a crock pot for several hours. I like the crock pot. If you don't like bacon you can use Chorizo Sausage. Instead of pork & beans I use Bush's baked beans. Instead of catsup I just add more BBQ sauce. I like Original KC Masterpiece (not the cheap Clorox stuff, but original recipe) and use a little more black molasses instead of brown sugar. Or you can use sorghum. I like black beans and butter beans in the bean mix. You can serve this up like Chili. It's super good! How bout you? Whatcha got?
Attached: settlerbeansrecipe.jpg (110.4 KB) 
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:18 PM 01-26-2021
Thought you wouldn't give out your mushroom recipe George?
[Reply]
Monticore 04:42 PM 01-26-2021
I assume all these recipes will work in a an air fryer.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:33 PM 01-26-2021
I opened this thread and ended up adding several things to my grocery list.

The Cowboy Beans have been in the oven for about an hour now.:-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:51 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Thought you wouldn't give out your mushroom recipe George?
I was lured...
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:52 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I opened this thread and ended up adding several things to my grocery list.

The Cowboy Beans have been in the oven for about an hour now.:-)
Let us know how they turn out!
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 07:11 PM 01-26-2021
if ya like hot heres a dandy
2 pkgs frozen meatballs
5 fresh jalepenos sliced
2 pks whole mushrooms
1 (maybe 2 depends on room) chunked onion i prefer sweet yellow
cook on low till shrooms and peppers are soft, stirring every half hour or so
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:22 PM 01-26-2021
Damn. Well, time to make drip beef sammies again.
[Reply]
burt 07:31 PM 01-26-2021
We call these ugly beans...

4 cans Ranch style beans
1 onion
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar
1/2 to 1 full chopped garlic (to taste)
1/2 cup bbq sauce (just about any)
3 tbs Bryants
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs mustard
1 tbs pepper
add a shot or 2 of any dry rubs you might have around.

chop bacon into 1 inch slices cook
chop onion and saute with butter
mix all ingredients
cook on stovetop at medium to low for 20 to 30 minutes

Serve.

I like it as a dip with ruffles. Just a total different kind of beans than most peeps serve. And another reason I am fat.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:03 AM 01-30-2021
It's going to be a damp, yucky day with rain and dropping temps. Mrs B is going to go visit her sister in Kansas, so I'm going to stay home with the kitties and do laundry and putter. Making Cowboy Beans in the crock pot. I'm using a recipe that's a hybrid between two recipes I've received from friends. So in the crock pot, here's what I'm doing: 1 lb ground chuck, 1 lb thick cut bacon with strips cut into thirds, 1 sweet onion. 1 can ea black beans and chili beans. 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can small whole white potatoes. Spices: 3/4 cup Gates BBQ sauce, 1/4 cup black sorghum, kosher salt, pepper, chili powder, ground cumin, dry mustard. I like to bake bacon in the oven at 350. It takes longer but turns out perfect. When the bacon is done, set it aside on a paper towel to dry. Put the bacon grease into a frying pan, and sautee the chopped onion (just ground it up in a food processor); Once the onions have cooked down in the bacon grease, put in the ground chuck and brown it up. Once thoroughly browned, drain off the fat and put in into the crock pot with all the other ingredients. Cook on low for 5 or 6 hours. I'll let you know how it turns out. It sure smells good!
[Reply]
scho63 11:07 AM 01-30-2021
I should have gotten advice in this thread BEFORE I did a Corned Beef a couple days ago.

Didn't turn out so great.

Anyone do corned beef in a crock? Advice?
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:12 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
I should have gotten advice in this thread BEFORE I did a Corned Beef a couple days ago.

Didn't turn out so great.

Anyone do corned beef in a crock? Advice?
Betty Crocker's your main squeeze:
https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes...4-297c69cdcba5
[Reply]
scho63 08:35 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Betty Crocker's your main squeeze:
https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes...4-297c69cdcba5
I will forever call her Betty Crockpot! :-)
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:58 PM 01-30-2021
Made chicken tacos in the crockpot for the first time. So easy.

1. 2 fresh chicken breasts
2. 1 pint of salsa ( I used homemade, year old batch)
3. Generous serving of bulk taco seasoning (probably 2 packages of taco season).

Slow cooker for 7 to 8 hours. Shred. Pile together with your favorite taco ingredients. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:00 PM 01-30-2021
Did a crockpot jambalaya today. Andouille sausage, chicken thighs, shrimp, onion, garlic, tomatoes, poblanos, green chiles, celery, chicken broth, oregano, cajun spice, thyme, parsley, cayenne. Rice cooked separately and mixed when serving.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:09 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Did a crockpot jambalaya today. Andouille sausage, chicken thighs, shrimp, onion, garlic, tomatoes, poblanos, green chiles, celery, chicken broth, oregano, cajun spice, thyme, parsley, cayenne. Rice cooked separately and mixed when serving.
What kind of rice?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up