ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Bob Sutton....
God of Thunder 10:50 AM 01-26-2021
Lawd I miss his defense......said no one ever. Spags turned this franchise into a winner.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:14 PM 01-26-2021
Bob Sutton..
Originally Posted by God of Thunder:
Lawd I miss his defense......said no one ever. Spags turned this franchise into a winner.
Who????
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:28 PM 01-26-2021
And just like Alex Smith, there were moron Chiefs fans that wanted to keep Sutton around.... claiming "ohhhhh, he just needs more talent!"
[Reply]
loochy 04:04 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Without that one play, we would have made it in spite of Bob Sutton.

You do realize that without that one play, we'd still be stuck with Bob Sutton and perhaps not be going to back to back Super Bowls.

It may have been a hurtful blessing that helped the Chiefs in the long run.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:14 PM 01-26-2021
Sutton only ran a good defense when he had All-Pros in their primes all over it. Even then, his defensive scheme appeared to be just "go out there and beat your man." maybe the worst DC in Chiefs' history.

Spags, on the other hand, is a bona fide Genius by comparison. What he's done with just two legit pass-rushers, and an All-Pro S, no All-Pro LB, no shut down CB, with a constant rotation of DD, Niemann, Fenton, Watts, Hitchens, etc., and so on is more than remarkable.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:54 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
And just like Alex Smith, there were moron Chiefs fans that wanted to keep Sutton around.... claiming "ohhhhh, he just needs more talent!"
It worked out fine though. Reid brought both of them in to change the culture around here and they did.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:55 PM 01-26-2021
I'm glad that we got Spags. He's done a great job and I wouldn't trade him for any OC in the league. But, to be fair to Sutton, I'm pretty sure that he could have gotten pretty good play out of the talent that this team has. They totally rebuilt the defense when they fired him. When he first came to KC and had a healthy Eric Berry, Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, and Derrick Johnson, he had a pretty good defense. His final year, that defense had very little talent left.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:47 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I'm glad that we got Spags. He's done a great job and I wouldn't trade him for any OC in the league. But, to be fair to Sutton, I'm pretty sure that he could have gotten pretty good play out of the talent that this team has. They totally rebuilt the defense when they fired him. When he first came to KC and had a healthy Eric Berry, Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, and Derrick Johnson, he had a pretty good defense. His final year, that defense had very little talent left.
I disagree. He refused to use his players properly and didn't make adjustments. He ran the same shit no matter what. There was no excuse to giving Brady that win in 18.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:18 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The DB's were terrible. No way.
Steven Nelson is somewhere getting smeared with butter and jelly right now.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:21 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I disagree. He refused to use his players properly and didn't make adjustments. He ran the same shit no matter what. There was no excuse to giving Brady that win in 18.
This is correct, to a degree, but that 'same shit' had a no 1 overall defense in 2014. I think he ran when he ran in 18 because he had brokedick trash heap dumpster fires like Ron Parker, Orlando Scandrick, and Steven Nelson out there, waiting for HoboSpirit to swoop down like BlackHoboJesus and save everybody...but when HoboSpirit was finally feeling it, he got abused by a Gimpy Gronk...there were more problems on the 2018 defense then just Bob Sutton, and that is obvious.
[Reply]
milkshock 10:56 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

Very few people said Alex Smith should stay on. Even less wanted Sutton.

In fact fan pressure was one of the reasons Mahomes was drafted at all.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up