ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So many guys had great games today.
Rain Man 10:02 PM 01-24-2021
It's hard to pick a guy who stood out the most.

Breeland was shutting down everything.

Jones was dominating the line, and he psychologically damaged a bunch of their players.

Mahomes was Mahomes.

Tyreek was terrorizing the backfield of the Bills.

Kelce had a season's worth of catches.

Our offensive line was solving injury problems left and right and playing well.

Sneed was Sneed, even if he didn't know that for a little while. And then Fenton came in for him with no dropoff.

This team has no weaknesses. The only thing they have to fear is fear itself. And they don't fear fear at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 01-25-2021
Thornhill hasn't looked that good since November of last year, prior to the injury.

Clark had probably his best game of the season.

The LB's were dialed in.

Chris Jones was a beast, as usual.

Breeland was nails. Sorenson was a hammer.

This defense looked SPECIAL last night.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:40 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Take away the gifted 6 points and the garbage time final score and this defense shut them down for as much as you can shut down an "Elite Offense"
As I said in another thread, the Bills were a muffed punt at the 1 and a once-in-43 onside kick recovery from being thoroughly embarrassed 38-10.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:40 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Thornhill hasn't looked that good since November of last year, prior to the injury.

Clark had probably his best game of the season.

The LB's were dialed in.

Chris Jones was a beast, as usual.

Breeland was nails. Sorenson was a hammer.

This defense looked SPECIAL last night.
You could tell they were pissed off about not getting any respect before the game. Hopefully that carries over to the Super Bowl as well.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:41 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yeah the defense from front to back was On. Point. all night long, but I particularly enjoyed the secondary play... it was a blanket party, neither Diggs nor Beasley even sniffed 100 yards
Other than the quarterback position group, I think the defensive secondary is the strongest unit on the team now. It's an army of shutdown guys back there.
[Reply]
scho63 10:43 AM 01-25-2021
Defense had one of their best games last night and come out with a lot of tenacity.

Jones will get called for a roughing call against Tommy Boy if he is not careful.

Clark can redeem himself in Tampa with 2 sacks and a strip for a fumble.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Other than the quarterback position group, I think the defensive secondary is the strongest unit on the team now. It's an army of shutdown guys back there.
A big part of that is the scheme.

For all the escalades that Andy and EB and Mahomes get, Spags, Hitchens, and HB deserve the same. And the Chiefs have somebody in the film room that is a certified RAIN MAN. Absolutely genious.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:46 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Mecole Hardman redeemed himself after his **** up muffed punt.
Him screwing up early was actually a good thing. It forced them to pump him up and ensure he got more touches than he normally would. Having both him and Hill in at the same time is like having 2 legs of a track team.
[Reply]
redfan 10:49 AM 01-25-2021
Really pleased with the effort from the D for the last two games. They deserve a whole lotta Escalades. Playoff D arriving right on schedule!
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:55 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Just goes to show that if you have several guys who are very good, you don't have to have an elite "Revis Island" type back there
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:56 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The long catch and run by Tyreek might be the best pure YAC play he's ever made.

I don't think I've ever seen him clown so many fools all at once.
Yeah. That looked like an 8-12 yard gain when he caught it, and he turned it into 71 yards. Incredible.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:58 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Allegretti = unsung

Love his energy.
I loved seeing these dudes 50-60 yards downfield still blocking on some of those long plays. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Yeah. That looked like an 8-12 yard gain when he caught it, and he turned it into 71 yards. Incredible.
Hill had one on the 1st drive that would have been similar but was just off his hands.

He outran the coverage left to right and then back to the left while the CB was in a dead sprint straight back. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
I loved seeing these dudes 50-60 yards downfield still blocking on some of those long plays. :-)
Fisher and Allegretti were 35 yards downfield on the Hardman run.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:00 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just goes to show that if you have several guys who are very good, you don't have to have an elite "Revis Island" type back there
Yep. Half the fucking time I didn’t know who was covering who. I’m so glad we’re done with the “this CB only plays the left side of the field” bullshit.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:00 AM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fisher and Allegretti were 35 yards downfield on the Hardman run.
Allegretti looked good last night. Apparently he likes playing the Bills. :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up