ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Injury report this week?
Direckshun 09:50 AM 01-13-2021
It's Wednesday, and I assume we've had two practices so far this week.

Yet I do not see an injury report anywhere. Am I missing anything?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:30 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
There will be plenty of time to discuss offseason roster moves. I hope Sammy goes wild in the playoffs and he's back next year.

That being said, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Reid has engineered this offense to maximize the skill set of his players. I agree Watkins and OBJ have very different strengths. Rosters change and Reid is one of the best offensive minds ever. He will tailor his offense accordingly.

You wana compare completion percentage to a guy playing with Patrick Mahomes and has Andy Reid dialing up the plays as compared to Baker Mayfield and a total mess of an organization in the Browns? Cmon.

Hopefully the next three games go according to script and Watkins does work. If not, I'm just saying I think OBJ could be a name on the board. Itd be nice to use our high draft picks to continue to get younger and faster on defense in lieu of spending another 1st on a skill position player.
Unfortunately, Watkins and OBJ have the same weakness. Inability to stay healthy.

We need guys that can be on the field. Period.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:34 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I agree that Sammy needs to be on the field more, period.

But let's at least be factual. Sammy has played 34 out of a possible 47 regular season games for KC since becoming a Chief. And played 5 out of 5 playoff games.

So it's more accurate to say that Sammy played (including playoffs) 12 games in his first year as a Chief, 15 in his second, and we'll see here in his third.

And in those playoff games, he's amassed 24 catches, for 464 yds, 1 TD, for 19.3 yds/catch. He averages just under 100 yds/game in the playoffs on just 4.8 catches/game, and catches 71% of the passes thrown at him.

And really, that's why he's here. Not to amass regular season numbers, but to put up those kinds of numbers in the playoffs, in the biggest games, against the best defenses in the league. I don't actually care how many catches he gets against DEN in week 6 or whatever.

But yeah, this year was disappointing so far as Sammy was concerned, in the regular season. It wasn't all his fault, but he missed 6 games, period.

EDIT: Sammy has 476 yds in the playoffs as a Chief.
You can't just say "he'll play in the playoffs" though.

Did Dee Ford not teach people about this? Guys that get banged up all the time eventually are banged up at the wrong time.

You can't keep rolling the dice with a guy like Watkins, eventually he's going to let you down.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:43 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You can't just say "he'll play in the playoffs" though.

Did Dee Ford not teach people about this? Guys that get banged up all the time eventually are banged up at the wrong time.

You can't keep rolling the dice with a guy like Watkins, eventually he's going to let you down.
No, you're right, you can't just assume he'll play in the playoffs. And there's no such thing as a pinch/designated WR. Can't just bring him in for the playoffs, or games you want to have him. Simply can't afford that.

All I was saying is that so far in his Chiefs career, his play in the playoffs has been outstanding. If he could be just a little more consistently available, we'd probably keep him another season, period.

But he hasn't been this season, and I really thought he would be, but it is what it is.

Right now, I just hope he can play, if not in this game, then in the AFCCG and the SB.

After that, it's up to Andy and Veach.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:45 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No, you're right, you can't just assume he'll play in the playoffs. And there's no such thing as a pinch/designated WR. Can't just bring him in for the playoffs, or games you want to have him. Simply can't afford that.

All I was saying is that so far in his Chiefs career, his play in the playoffs has been outstanding. If he could be just a little more consistently available, we'd probably keep him another season, period.

But he hasn't been this season, and I really thought he would be, but it is what it is.

Right now, I just hope he can play, if not in this game, then in the AFCCG and the SB.

After that, it's up to Andy and Veach.
Absolutely agree, especially with the bolded part.
[Reply]
O.city 06:56 PM 01-13-2021
Only way I’d think about Odell is if it were a one year prove it deal
[Reply]
DTVietnam 07:19 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m so sick of Sammy’s bullshit. I don’t give a **** about what he did before in the playoffs.

He’s not a primary weapon. FFS he’s the ****ing 4th option in this offense. His broke ass is absolutely replaceable.
you watch ur tone when talking about Starship 14:

¡LO HACE VER MUY FÁCIL!

Mahomes conecta con Sammy Watkins para sepultar las esperanzas de los Titans y poner 3 posesiones de ventaja.

Todo apunta que estarán en Miami.����������

pic.twitter.com/PILVa6BiW2

— FantasyFootballMEX (@FantasyMex) January 19, 2020

Sammy Watkins out here bullying Richard Sherman on national television. pic.twitter.com/EyPAr4pTRk

— Austin Pendergist (@apthirteen) February 3, 2020

Chiefs again use motion to set up blocks on the edge. Titans shift right into lead blocks for Watkins and Kelce. Titans blitz middle but Hill is just way to fast. Great downfield cut by Kelce. The Chiefs found the weak spot on Tenn's edge and attacked it. 6 for KC pic.twitter.com/8J7MC15LOL

— Caleb James (@CJScoobs) January 22, 2020

Sammy Watkins owning Gilmore. pic.twitter.com/fMJhEOcnc1

— ArrowheadGuys (@ArrowheadGuys) December 10, 2019

[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up