ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Injury report this week?
Direckshun 09:50 AM 01-13-2021
It's Wednesday, and I assume we've had two practices so far this week.

Yet I do not see an injury report anywhere. Am I missing anything?
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:39 PM 01-13-2021
Injury report is out

https://www.chiefs.com/news/division...iefs-vs-browns

Watkins Calf DNP
[Reply]
O.city 03:40 PM 01-13-2021
Sammy won't play. If you can't practice after 2 weeks off, you won't be ready in a couple day.s

Good god what a disappointment.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:43 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Injury report is out

Watkins Calf DNP

[Reply]
DaFace 03:45 PM 01-13-2021
Injury report is out

Watkins Calf DNP
Tyreek's not on the list at all. That's good to see.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:46 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Unless he goes off in the playoffs you've got to think we part ways. OBJ or a first rounder for his replacement please.
The absolute last thing this locker room needs is Odell Beckham Jr.

Not just no, but Fuck no.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:46 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sammy won't play. If you can't practice after 2 weeks off, you won't be ready in a couple day.s

Damn that was my first thought too. I hope we’re wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:47 PM 01-13-2021
Is there an easy way to embed that because copying and pasting doesn't format right
[Reply]
DaFace 03:48 PM 01-13-2021
Is there an easy way to embed that because copying and pasting doesn't format right
From Twitter? You click the dots in the upper-right to get the embed code.

Not really any easy way to do it with a random web page like the injury report.

EDIT: I usually just wait until someone does the hard work for us.

#Chiefs vs #Browns injury report - Wednesday pic.twitter.com/A1YFEHAtjZ

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) January 13, 2021

[Reply]
ForeverIowan 03:54 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Okay, I guess. But even skipping the part where OBJ hasn't played in anymore games than Sammy over the last couple years, OBJ hasn't even played up to his average over that span. And he's not even a good substitute for what Sammy does in KC's offense. He isn't a good run-blocker, he isn't a physically impressive receiver, he's not a good improv player, and he's basically the opposite of a team-first player.

OBJ caught just 54% of passes thrown at him over the last two season. Sammy caught nearly 64%. Basically if you force-fed Sammy the ball, he'd out-produce OBJ by several hundred yards/season.

Please explain why Andy would want to see OBJ in Chiefs' red, because I really don't get it.
There will be plenty of time to discuss offseason roster moves. I hope Sammy goes wild in the playoffs and he's back next year.

That being said, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Reid has engineered this offense to maximize the skill set of his players. I agree Watkins and OBJ have very different strengths. Rosters change and Reid is one of the best offensive minds ever. He will tailor his offense accordingly.

You wana compare completion percentage to a guy playing with Patrick Mahomes and has Andy Reid dialing up the plays as compared to Baker Mayfield and a total mess of an organization in the Browns? Cmon.

Hopefully the next three games go according to script and Watkins does work. If not, I'm just saying I think OBJ could be a name on the board. Itd be nice to use our high draft picks to continue to get younger and faster on defense in lieu of spending another 1st on a skill position player.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:59 PM 01-13-2021

Relax. It's the first practice of the week. There's plenty of times throughout the season where injured players don't practice to start the week but get a walkthrough in by Friday and are able to play on Sunday.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:07 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
There will be plenty of time to discuss offseason roster moves. I hope Sammy goes wild in the playoffs and he's back next year.

That being said, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Reid has engineered this offense to maximize the skill set of his players. I agree Watkins and OBJ have very different strengths. Rosters change and Reid is one of the best offensive minds ever. He will tailor his offense accordingly.

You wana compare completion percentage to a guy playing with Patrick Mahomes and has Andy Reid dialing up the plays as compared to Baker Mayfield and a total mess of an organization in the Browns? Cmon.

Hopefully the next three games go according to script and Watkins does work. If not, I'm just saying I think OBJ could be a name on the board. Itd be nice to use our high draft picks to continue to get younger and faster on defense in lieu of spending another 1st on a skill position player.
No, you're right. We shouldn't run down this rabbit hole right now.

Btw, you can actually look at the entirety of their respective careers, OBJ with NYG/CLE, vs. Sammy with BUF/LAR/KC, and Sammy is still the better receiver, in catch%, yds/cth, even games started. And Sammy had Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel and K. Orton throwing to him for most of his time in BUF.

But I'm good with putting this aside for now.
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:08 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Tonka83:
Watkins is quickly approaching Eric Berry territory.
I missed the play Berry made to clinch our AFC Championship and the huge play he made to fuel our SB comeback. But, otherwise.....sure.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:13 PM 01-13-2021

Lol it’s Wednesday dude.

If he’s not practicing tomorrow and Friday then sure, but DNP on Wednesday means nothing regardless of whether it’s been a couple weeks or not.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04:18 PM 01-13-2021
[QUOTE=Megatron96;15474147]No, you're right. We shouldn't run down this rabbit hole right now.

Btw, you can actually look at the entirety of their respective careers, OBJ with NYG/CLE, vs. Sammy with BUF/LAR/KC, and Sammy is still the better receiver, in catch%, yds/cth, even games started. And Sammy had Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel and K. Orton throwing to him for most of his time in BUF.

But I'm good with putting this aside for now.[/QUOTE

I hear ya. I'm not necessarily saying I think OBJ is the better receiver. That's debatable. I'm just saying if this season goes south you have to make some changes to the roster and invigorate some energy into that locker room. Id think WR2 would potentially be the first place they look considering the contract situation there.

Sammy is gonna wreck shit yet again in the playoffs. I love where we stand. Moot point at the moment.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:52 PM 01-13-2021

SFC.. He’ll play...
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up