ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 101
« First < 41818788899091 92939495 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 05:27 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Sure, but unless those yards equal 38 points or more, they are not winning this game (which I know you're not predicting them to). The Browns do not have a player (s) on their roster capable of stopping Travis Kelce. He will be open all day. They will have to commit multiple people to him, which will open the door for Tyreek. No Sammy Watkins? No problem. Not even Hardman and Robinson will be able to screw up being wide open all day. The Chiefs are scoring over 40. If the Browns can top that, congrats to them. Chubby KHunt better be able to milk 7 minutes off the clock per drive and have all those drives end in TD's or they're done for.
browns arent really a ball control offense they lead the league in explosive running plays and are 5th in explosive offensive plays.

the chiefs are 3rd in explosive offensive plays. another stat that leads to a shootout.

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/e...ngs--off-.html
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:29 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I can't believe I actually sat and watched the whole thing but funny enough, it seemed like a pretty realistic result, right down to the last play of the game. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:30 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
browns redzone offense 4th

Chiefs redzone offense 14th

browns redzone defense 19th

Chiefs redzone defense 32nd

the game will come down to the redzone. the browns play soft coverage and dont give up many big plays but give up a ton of yards. make the chiefs earn TDs in the redzone they arent great once they get down there.

the browns sometimes have a hard time moving the ball but make a ton of big plays and are great in the redzone. they score TD's most of the time when they get down there. that will continue against the chiefs 32nd ranked redzone D.
Okay. And let's assume that we can take those numbers at face value.

It still doesn't change the fact that, against the NFL average defense, CLE still punted on about 50% of their possession/game. So they didn't even get close to the RZ on about 50% of their drives.

Now CLE is getting ready to face a defense that held TB, BAL, NOR, and BUF all below their season scoring average, and below 30 points. And held all of those RBs to less than their season average in yards gained.

That's a potential problem.

And the other part of the problem: KC scores as often or more often outside the traditional RZ. For the Chiefs, the RZ is from about 5 yards on our side of the 50.

Bottom line, what CLE can't do, which they've done fairly consistently this season, is punt the ball 3+ times in a row during the game.

That way lies madness and destruction.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:50 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by GingaChief:
Once again the media writing us off like last year. All I've seen on Twitter this week is how we are going to lose because of the running game.

This type of shit has made me more excited for Sunday night. No doubt when we win they'll be no credit given to us & it'll all be about how the Browns managed to lose it.

Fuck em & LETS GET IT!!!!

No, the current doubters will just say we were supposed to win and shrug off any domination and refuse to admit the narratives they are painting this week about playing poor down the stretch and not blowing teams out were wrong.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:57 PM 01-15-2021
Sammy being out is a concern; he makes some really outstanding catches for the team.

Looking at team statistics is fine however I think comparing the common teams along with relative strength of schedule is important.

Cleveland played the NFC East and AFC South, Chiefs played the NFC South and AFC East. The Browns played a third place schedule and the Chiefs a first place schedule.

The Chiefs have played and beaten every team in the playoffs except for CLE, GB and LAR. And did that on the road, which doesn't mean as much this year however it's what they did.

Yeah, the Browns can win and they might. Trying to compare statistics, especially when teams have been playing catch up with the Chiefs all year doesn't seem productive.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:59 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by GingaChief:
Once again the media writing us off like last year. All I've seen on Twitter this week is how we are going to lose because of the running game.

This type of shit has made me more excited for Sunday night. No doubt when we win they'll be no credit given to us & it'll all be about how the Browns managed to lose it.

Fuck em & LETS GET IT!!!!
:-)

Plenty of people are picking the Chiefs... I saw half the CBS picks were Browns, but besides that, it's mostly Chiefs.

There's the click bait stuff, of course... "haven't won by enough", "they'll be rusty"... but, picking upsets is always sexier, that will never go away.
[Reply]
carcosa 06:11 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Can't wait for the game, which the Chiefs will win! YES!
^ THIS!!!!!!!! ^
[Reply]
prhom 06:15 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Sammy being out is a concern; he makes some really outstanding catches for the team.

Looking at team statistics is fine however I think comparing the common teams along with relative strength of schedule is important.

Cleveland played the NFC East and AFC South, Chiefs played the NFC South and AFC East. The Browns played a third place schedule and the Chiefs a first place schedule.

The Chiefs have played and beaten every team in the playoffs except for CLE, GB and LAR. And did that on the road, which doesn't mean as much this year however it's what they did.

Yeah, the Browns can win and they might. Trying to compare statistics, especially when teams have been playing catch up with the Chiefs all year doesn't seem productive.
We could really use a few big plays from Hardman this game. Maybe a nice 80-yd td or something.
[Reply]
joethomas 06:17 PM 01-15-2021
I'd like to see Pringle get some chances personally.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 06:22 PM 01-15-2021
The Browns got what, 4 turnovers on the Steelers, and still let noodle armed Big Rape and their pathetic offense come back and make a game of it.

If Tomlin isnt an idiot and goes for the 4th n1 instead of punting, who knows how that game turns out.

Newsflash, this is not that pathetic Steelers offense they will be playing against.

Theres no way in hell, barring #15 simply opting out of the contest, that the Cleveland Browns win this game.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:23 PM 01-15-2021
Hardman, I will take back everything bad I've ever said about you if you ball out on Sunday.

That secondary is about as tough as Styrofoam, now's your chance.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:27 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
The Browns got what, 4 turnovers on the Steelers, and still let noodle armed Big Rape and their pathetic offense come back and make a game of it.

If Tomlin isnt an idiot and goes for the 4th n1 instead of punting, who knows how that game turns out.

Newsflash, this is not that pathetic Steelers offense they will be playing against.

Theres no way in hell, barring #15 simply opting out of the contest, that the Cleveland Browns win this game.
It was 5 turn-overs, technically.

But PIT never really made it a game either. The closest they got was 11 points. Which is still having to score a TD, a 2-pt. conversion and a FG, just to tie. That's hardly being in the thick of the game.

But if you take out just two of those turn-overs, then yeah, PIT would've been in that game at the end, and at least had a chance to win it. Or they would've lost by 4.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 06:52 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:

We did play a tougher schedule, but don't get caught up in the 1st place schedule crap. That's a misnomer. We played the same opponents as everyone in our division except for games against the Ravens and Texans. That's because the Texans and Ravens won their division last season. However, this season, Baltimore finished 2nd in their division and Houston 3rd.

In fact, both Denver and Las Vegas played a tougher schedule than the Chiefs this season, despite having what you'd refer to as a 2nd place or 3rd place schedule.

The Browns having an easier schedule has nothing to do with last year. It's just the way the divisions are rotated. It was the AFC North's turn to play the NFC East and the AFC West's turn to play the NFC South.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:00 PM 01-15-2021
I pray we come out the opposite of flat. Let's hope the O-line has been eating their Wheaties, and the D-line has been injecting 5-Hour Energy.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:00 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
browns redzone offense 4th

Chiefs redzone offense 14th

browns redzone defense 19th

Chiefs redzone defense 32nd

the game will come down to the redzone. the browns play soft coverage and dont give up many big plays but give up a ton of yards. make the chiefs earn TDs in the redzone they arent great once they get down there.

the browns sometimes have a hard time moving the ball but make a ton of big plays and are great in the redzone. they score TD's most of the time when they get down there. that will continue against the chiefs 32nd ranked redzone D.
You forgot a really important stat:

Cleveland Browns : FUCKING SUCK
Kansas City Chiefs : GOOD AT FOOTBALL
[Reply]
Page 91 of 101
« First < 41818788899091 92939495 > Last »
Up