ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 101
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
Mav 09:44 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
The Bills looked real soft up the middle against Indy. Doyle crushed them. Jackson may not have to throw outside.
Thats possible. i would however expect the game plan to be to take away everything in the middle of the field, and force Lamar to challenge outside. But, thats why they play the games.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:00 PM 01-13-2021
Just heard a great stat.

4 playoff teams remaining (Baltimore, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, New Orleans) that the Chiefs played in the regular season. In the 240 minutes of those games, the Chiefs led in 225 minutes of those games.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:02 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
We can only play, who is on our schedule....the key is that with the exception of the Jets, we beat every team we should have. The Browns were not supposed to be here this year. But we are.
You are correct in saying your team can only play who is on the schedule. In spite of that weak schedule you needed help to get into the playoffs. Your team was supposed to be a playoff team last year and this year. Stop acting like they overachieved like the Dolphins.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:04 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Just heard a great stat.

4 playoff teams remaining (Baltimore, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, New Orleans) that the Chiefs played in the regular season. In the 240 minutes of those games, the Chiefs led in 225 minutes of those games.
I wonder how many of the 15 minutes they didn't lead in were the opening minutes of the game where it was 0-0?
[Reply]
tredadda 10:05 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Just heard a great stat.

But muh point differential. The stat you just showed was far more significant than how many points they won by.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:34 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Damn, after listening to this I'm worried

Ummm...

He included the week 17 chargers game in all his statistical analysis.

That’s rather funny.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:35 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Ummm...

That’s rather funny.
That's really pathetic
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:06 PM 01-13-2021
Ummm...

That’s rather funny.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Not exactly the best analysis possible.

Here's my gut prediction, without doing a ton of film review/analysis:

In the first drive, CLE is going to run amok, and they'll march down the field and score. Maybe even the second CLE drive.

But after that, the Chiefs' defense is going to pull off a "miracle," and put the brakes on CLE's run game. Somewhere in the middle of the 2nd quarter.
They'll put CLE into 3rd and 6+, and force Baker to throw for first downs. And at first, he'll convert a few. Call it 2-4.

But by the 3rd quarter, the tide will turn, and Baker will be throwing the ball away more than he tries to actually complete a pass for a conversion. Because, in spite of not pile-driving Baker into the ground, our DL will be moving him around and even getting some hits on him. That will last at least three drives, most if not all of which will end in punts for CLE.

Which is where Andy will drive in the stake and we'll be up a couple TDs. Maybe three. Then KC will be up by 17, and for all intents and purposes, the game will be over. CLE will try to mount a comeback, but their rushing attack will largely be eliminated, and Baker just isn't going to be good enough to beat our defense. probably somewhere in these 3 drives Spags will get really creative with his blitz packages, and Sneed/DD/Niemann will get a sack, that will kill a critical CLE drive.

And then it will be as it always is, and we'll be sending blitzers from every angle, or bailing out, and Clark will find a way to finally get his 'coverage' sack to end the game.

Then the Clark haters will all pile into the "Frank Clark Sux" thread and complain that his game-winning sack was just a coverage sack and shouldn't be counted.

But we'll be on to BUF by then, and we'll be complaining about BUF instead.:-)
[Reply]
Rausch 11:17 PM 01-13-2021
Ummm...

That’s rather funny.
Why would Hunt be vengeful?

Clark and co. didn't get drunk and throw people around on camera. And after the fact Hunt lied about it to his boss.

Hunt was in the wrong - not the Chiefs...
[Reply]
carcosa 11:25 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Everyone refers to the team they cheer for as we. Do not do that. I bet you never have referred to your team as we.
What
[Reply]
Mav 11:29 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You are correct in saying your team can only play who is on the schedule. In spite of that weak schedule you needed help to get into the playoffs. Your team was supposed to be a playoff team last year and this year. Stop acting like they overachieved like the Dolphins.
Sure. New system, again, new head coach, new coordinator, Covid off season. And we needed help to get in? From who? The Steelers? You mean the same Steelers who lost 3 of four before we beat them week 17? We didn’t need any help. And last year? With John Dorsey and his hand picked puppet, Kitchens? Get your shit together, and know your facts before you ever think you’re going to talk down to me. Foh.
[Reply]
Mav 11:30 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
What
Bitch, you read what I wrote. Every fan calls their team we. I didn’t stutter.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:39 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Damn, after listening to this I'm worried

I thought our d played pretty well down the stretch. Sure Miami, TB and NO put up some points but that was largely later in the game when we had them all down by 14+
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:46 PM 01-13-2021
Ummm...

That’s rather funny.
Another thing: he tries to equate CLE's defensive stats with KCs. But he neglects to mention that CLE played exactly three teams that have legitimate passing attacks. DAL, LVR, and PIT if you want to include them, though they were one of the worst passing teams in the league after about week 5. They did have plenty of weapons though, so whatever.

And the best rushing attacks CLE faced were BAL, DAL, LVR and TEN.

Meanwhile, KC played 7 legit passing attacks in HOU, LAC, LVR, BUF, TB, NOR, and ATL. And 7 legitimate rushing attacks in LAC, BAL, NE, LVR, CAR, TB, NOR.

So while it may be true that KC was 16th, and CLE finished 17th in the NFL as a defense, strength of opponent suggests that they aren't really as similar as their rankings suggest.
[Reply]
Hiko 12:38 AM 01-14-2021
If you are a Chiefs fan and you think the Browns won’t score at least 30 you are naive. They have both a strong running game and passing game. When they’re not hampered by 40 mph winds or losing their entire WR corps the night before the game they will drop 30 on anyone. They put 48 on the Steelers. They put 42 on the Ravens. They put 41 on the Titans. They put 32 on the Colts. What you saw last Sunday is not a fluke. They start strong. Expect it.

They will also give up a sht-ton of points. They get out to leads and then try to hang on and a lot of the time they have but gaddam I wish they would just blow teams out. It will cost them eventually and I - unfortunately - think that’s coming this week.

KC, as much as I like them (Schottenheimer and Reid are two of my favorite coaches and Kansas City is a severely underrated town), seems to only get interested after they’ve gotten punched, so what I see is an early double-digit Browns lead followed by a flurry of points against a sht D and something like a 45-41 final score in favor of the Chiefs.

And if we lose then I ain’t gonna go full bytch about it like the Steelers fans - kick the sht out of Buffalo or (especially) Baltimore.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 101
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up