ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 101
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:28 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
If Mayfield can play out of his ****ing mind like Carr did twice they have a 50/50 chance.

Oakland played flawlessly in both games and still should have lost the first game if the refs didn’t have their heads up their ass.
They don’t have a Waller, or Ruggs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
The problem is that we do not have a Darren Waller on offense.
That is probably the Chiefs biggest weakness. The other thing is having fast WR that can push our CB's deep and play for DPI penalties, which do happen.

With no top-tier TE and not really having a super deep threat at WR, it will allow the Chiefs to play base nickel and split the difference run and pass. The RB's will get their years but the passing game will just get shut down.

The Browns just don't match up well with what the Chiefs like to do on either side of the ball.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:30 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
i would consider the browns and bills fans pretty much the same. down franchises that have had no success for a long time looking on the verge of turning it around.

bills and browns fans have been taking other teams fans crap for years its been building up. if either one gets any type of success they are going to be pretty much unbearable :-)
Listen, the Browns and Bills HAVE turned it around. There's no question. Each has now won a play-off game, have good teams and good young QB's. There is a LOT to be thrilled with if you're a fan of either of those teams, and I'm happy for fans of both, as they've suffered a long time in the wilderness of irrelevance. We know all about that, waiting 50 fucking years to win a SB.

That being said, we're the champs until someone knocks us off. That COULD happen at any time; but if The Chiefs show up and take care of their business I don't think it will.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Brown has a lot of trouble with press. He also doesn't have consistently good hands. Were I the Browns GM, I'd look for someone better.

As for Reek, the only CB I've ever seen that consistently can hold his own is J. Ramsey. Gilmore is probably next.
Even Ramsey struggled at times. Gilmore often had help over the top. The Pats defense is a whole different bird when it comes to defending Tyreek. They flat out take him away.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:34 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
It doesn't matter; The Chiefs clearly did not respect the Raiders, and Gruden basically ran completely against his own offense's tendencies, making Carr a mad bomber-and much to everyone's surprise, he actually made the throws.

There's no 'blueprint' there. We were without Sneed; I think Ward was either out or had a cast on his hand. Breeland's first game back. There was a lot going on in our secondary at that point in time. No excuses, they flat got beat, it happens.

But there's no blueprint there. Unless it's this: Score 40 and take your chances.
[Reply]
TEX 11:35 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Chasing points against the Chiefs almost always leads to bad things for the other team. Whether it's going for it on 4th down or fake punts or whatever, teams tend to press like that against the Chiefs and all it seems to do is give momentum back to the Chiefs.

I know it sounds like arrogance but when you watch the Chiefs play tough teams like the Raiders, Texans, or Titans last year, you saw their coaches do desperate things, almost like there was a palpable fear of falling too far behind.
The Ravens are another excellent example of that tactic also.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:35 AM 01-13-2021
The formula is unobtainable this weekend. The way you beat KC is by having Clete Blakeman be the ref. He always ****s us. Took away 2 Reek TD’s.
Have they announced what crew is working the game yet?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:37 AM 01-13-2021
Waller kills us. Ruggs got lucky one game.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:39 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Have they announced what crew is working the game yet?
Clay Martin this site says:

http://www.footballzebras.com/2021/0...yoff-referees/
[Reply]
JolieMolie 11:41 AM 01-13-2021
The facts about the Browns are; in early December they lost to the Jets. Last week, the Steelers almost came all the way back after spotting them two touchdowns (at least). They're also still dealing with some lingering COVID personnel issues. They're going to try to run a lot and they're being hyped as a Cinderella team, but unless the Chiefs REALLY come out flat and make some mistakes the Browns run ends Sunday.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:42 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Clay Martin this site says:

http://www.footballzebras.com/2021/0...yoff-referees/

A newbie.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:42 AM 01-13-2021
We'll need the usual guys like Pennel and Sorenson to gain their magical playoff prowess to really nip the running game in the bud.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:45 AM 01-13-2021
Cleveland is pulling all the stops out for some added motivation.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/202...t-far-lol.html
By
Mary Kay Cabot
Originally Posted by :
The Browns were in the midst of their 28-point first quarter outburst to set an NFL playoff record.

A Chiefs fan replied to Watkins “Looks like we got some comp next week’'

To which Watkins responded, “I wouldn’t go that far lol….!”

Watkins must not have gotten the memo that Smith-Schuster riled up the Browns with his “Browns is the Browns” remark, which will forever be part of this playoff run.

When asked last week if the there’s a new vibe about the Browns, Smith-Schuster said, “Naw, I think they’re still the same Browns that I’ve played every year. I think they’re nameless gray faces. They have a couple of good players on their team. But at the end of the day … the Browns is the Browns. It’s AFC North football. They’re a good team. I’m just happy we’re playing them again.”

Baker Mayfield posted “Browns is the Browns” on his Instagram 4 1/2 hours before the game, and the Browns admitted afterwards that the remarks got them fired up.

“Any talk like that is going to be disrespectful to anybody on any team,’' Garrett said after the game. “We definitely did not appreciate it. I think we made that known tonight with our performance. We just have to carry on with this momentum we have getting this big win in their house. I think we have what it takes to keep it going.”

Mayfield shouted “Browns is the Browns” on his way into the locker room after the game, and Jarvis Landry performed Smith-Schuster’s trademark TikTok “Corvette Corvette” dance in the locker room. Even Nick Chubb admitted to NFL Network “it had all of us fired up.”

It didn’t, however, stop Steelers receiver Chase Claypool from throwing shade at the Browns the next day.

In a TikTok live, Claypool said “It’s a bad loss, but the Browns are going to get clapped next week, so it’s all good.’'

The “Count Us Out” Browns are going to be loaded for bear again on Sunday.

[Reply]
Megatron96 11:50 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Even Ramsey struggled at times. Gilmore often had help over the top. The Pats defense is a whole different bird when it comes to defending Tyreek. They flat out take him away.
Yeah. This is obviously on a sliding scale. Take all the DBs that have tried to cover Reek, and the two that had the most 'success' were Ramsey and Gilmore.

Everyone else just gets burned consistently. Ramsey has at least held his own or even won some snaps in every meeting. Gilmore not quite as successfully, and he's nearly always had help over the top. But he's won some snaps, help or not.

No one else really can say that.

and the problem is two-fold. You have to somehow stay over the top of Reek, but you also have to confuse Patrick. You can't just run the same cover at Mahomes over and over. He'll find the soft spot in it and throw a dime to Hill anyway. You have to make Patrick hesitate. And you have to have DBs disciplined enough not to bail out early, or bite on the first move, etc. And if you miss the jam, forget it; Hill is gone and in 1.5 seconds he's on the toes of the S, and it's over.

the fact is, that if Mahomes wanted to go to Hill on most plays, he probably could, because they could run those underneath/intermediate routes all day, and Hill would get open 90% of the time. But Andy doesn't run his offense like that. It's not the ATL where they run most plays for Julio Jones, or BUF that runs a ton of plays for Diggs.

The Chiefs run their offense through Kelce and attacking the defense's weaknesses/tendencies, so the ball gets spread around. In an average game, Hill only sees about 10 tgts, not 15 or 20.

But if you're a DB covering Hill, you have to chase him around on every single snap. And you're running faster than you've ever had to run in a football game. By about mid-way thru the 3rd, you're gassed.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:58 AM 01-13-2021

In open portion of today’s practice (no pads), Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Tyreek Hill, Mike Remmers, Eric Fisher, Anthony Hitchens, Ben Niemann & Dorian O’Daniel we’re all on the practice fields.

No Sammy Watkins, Willie Gay & Mitchell Schwartz.

I didn’t see Rashad Fenton.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor)
January 13, 2021

[Reply]
Page 52 of 101
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up