ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 100
« First < 47879394959697 9899100 >
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:59 PM 01-25-2021
Keep doubting Patrick Mahomes. As a Chiefs fan, I get a kick out of the national media talking themselves into Patrick not being the best quarterback, the Chiefs getting beat the second time around when they beat the team earlier in the year convincingly, please, please, please... keep doubting Patrick Mahomes. He's the ultimate bulletin board competitor so through media statements, player statements, whatever you got, just keep giving it to him. If our Defense comes to play, and our O Line can give Patrick enough time, we got this, no problems.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:01 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Keep doubting Patrick Mahomes. As a Chiefs fan, I get a kick out of the national media talking themselves into Patrick not being the best quarterback, the Chiefs getting beat the second time around when they beat the team earlier in the year convincingly, please, please, please... keep doubting Patrick Mahomes. He's the ultimate bulletin board competitor so through media statements, player statements, whatever you got, just keep giving it to him. If our Defense comes to play, and our O Line can give Patrick enough time, we got this, no problems.
Media convinced themselves KC had gotten lucky winning a bunch of close games while ignoring in most of those games KC had 2 or 3 score lead late in the game. It was a false narrative and it got exposed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:10 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What's hilarious is all the Brian Daboll love from the press.

What I saw last night was the same ineffective offense he ran with the Chiefs in 2012. Oh sure, Josh Allen is much better than Matt Cassel or Brady Quinn but did Allen really look better than those guys last night?

He was easily thrown off his mark with pressure, panicked several times, wasn't accurate and should have thrown 4 INT's instead of 2. Their run game was shit and just like with the Chiefs and Dwayne Bowe, if you limit Diggs, their offense has nothing else to offer.

In the end, the 2020 Bills were as toothless as every other Bills team in the past 25 years.
This.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:10 PM 01-25-2021
It's pretty obvious that 99% of NFL sportswriters don't know what the **** they're watching.
Dane, you and I both know that the only reason anyone writes anything other than "The Chiefs Will Destroy The Bills" is because they want people to watch these games...but you, I, and just about every swinging dick who watches this team knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that :

1. Mahomes was going to play vs the Bills

And

2. The Chiefs were going to smoke the Bills like a doobie.

But the sportswriters have to create drama, because we already knew what was going to happen...
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:11 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Reeks dropped pass on the first drive likely puts them in GF range. We gifted them 9 pts out the gate with the dropped INT and then the muffed punt on top of likely giving up a score on the first drive with the drop then steam rolled their asses into oblivion.

I believe KC has punted 1 time in their last 4 playoff games.
Exactly. It hit his finger tips.

I commented on another thread - he outran the coverage outside in and back outside while the DB was running in a straight line from point A to B.

That's incredible.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:12 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly. It hit his finger tips.

I commented on another thread - he outran the coverage outside in and back outside while the DB was running in a straight line from point A to B.

That's incredible.
And the pass was a fucking dime.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:16 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I wonder is Watkins will be back for the SB? Not getting my hopes up on that one.
Hammy Watkins?

May have already played his last game as a Chief.

Sucks that Hardman didn't step up this year...or that we didn't draft Metcalf instead *shrugs*
[Reply]
RunKC 01:16 PM 01-25-2021
If the Bills are smart they’ll draft Najee Harris. Josh Allen has one real weapon in Diggs and the rest are just complimentary.

He needs help when he’s in these situations where he’s struggling.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:17 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Media convinced themselves KC had gotten lucky winning a bunch of close games while ignoring in most of those games KC had 2 or 3 score lead late in the game. It was a false narrative and it got exposed.
Vegas bought it, which makes me think it wasn't all media. KC -3 was the biggest joke I've ever seen.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:17 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
And the pass was a ****ing dime.
I couldn't believe he dropped it.
[Reply]
TEX 01:17 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, because the Chiefs were completely locked in as opposed to just a week 6 game where they could play very vanilla in terms of simply running it down their throats... and because it was their 3rd AFCCG in a row, playing a team that was far more likely than the Chiefs to fold under the pressure like a cheap table.

It's like we told this kid weeks ago... there are playoff teams and there are true SB contenders. And the list of SB contenders in the AFC is currently..
1) The Kansas City Chiefs

...that could very well change next season, while fans will once again desperately try to crown their team before actually proving it against the best.
Exactly. Kind of reminds me of when we were chasing the Patriots. Though, that '18 team could have beaten these Bills in the playoffs also.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:18 PM 01-25-2021
What's hilarious is all the Brian Daboll love from the press.

What I saw last night was the same ineffective offense he ran with the Chiefs in 2012. Oh sure, Josh Allen is much better than Matt Cassel or Brady Quinn but did Allen really look better than those guys last night?

He was easily thrown off his mark with pressure, panicked several times, wasn't accurate and should have thrown 4 INT's instead of 2. Their run game was shit and just like with the Chiefs and Dwayne Bowe, if you limit Diggs, their offense has nothing else to offer.

In the end, the 2020 Bills were as toothless as every other Bills team in the past 25 years.
Which is EXACTLY what I've been saying all season. Daboll is the same dildo that coached in KC. I don't get all the love. AT ALL.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:18 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I couldn't believe he dropped it.
The pass was so good though that I knew Mahomes was going to be on all game.

So much for those slow start woes they had last season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:18 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If the Bills are smart they’ll draft Najee Harris. Josh Allen has one real weapon in Diggs and the rest are just complimentary.

So you think they take a RB and move Moss to backup? With all the needs they have on defense, man I don't know.

They need a pass rush in a bad, bad way.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:19 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

The fact that Beasley is such a large part of their offense should be something the Bills FO would want to change this off-season. He's a great 3rd WR/utility guy for 3rd downs. You don't want him catching 100 balls.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 100
« First < 47879394959697 9899100 >
Up