ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 100
« First < 46869293949596 979899100 >
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:04 PM 01-25-2021
When do we start getting scared?
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:04 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Yeah, i guess we knew they were a bunch of bitches who'd start trying to hurt people after they completely got their asses kicked.
To be fair, Breeland suplexed Diggs and Jonesy punched a dude first.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:09 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
IMO, this game was easier for the Chiefs than week 6.
Yeah, because the Chiefs were completely locked in as opposed to just a week 6 game where they could play very vanilla in terms of simply running it down their throats... and because it was their 3rd AFCCG in a row, playing a team that was far more likely than the Chiefs to fold under the pressure like a cheap table.

It's like we told this kid weeks ago... there are playoff teams and there are true SB contenders. And the list of SB contenders in the AFC is currently..
1) The Kansas City Chiefs

...that could very well change next season, while fans will once again desperately try to crown their team before actually proving it against the best.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:13 PM 01-25-2021
game played out exactly like we all thought:

1. Bills have no answer for Hill / Kelce (MILANO!)
2. Are they playing back in zone or blitzing more (they started out dropping back, but as they were getting more and more decimated, they started playing Cover 1 and sending guys, which exposed them to Hill and Kelce even more)
3. Can't generate pressure with front four
4. Can't run the ball
5. Shut down Diggs and keep Allen under duress, and he'll make silly plays

Other than us coughing up the ball on our own 3 yard line, I'd say it was an almost perfect performance.....
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:16 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
game played out exactly like we all thought:

1. Bills have no answer for Hill / Kelce (MILANO!)
2. Are they playing back in zone or blitzing more (they started out dropping back, but as they were getting more and more decimated, they started playing Cover 1 and sending guys, which exposed them to Hill and Kelce even more)
3. Can't generate pressure with front four
4. Can't run the ball
5. Shut down Diggs and keep Allen under duress, and he'll make silly plays

Other than us coughing up the ball on our own 3 yard line, I'd say it was an almost perfect performance.....
#1 is the best. Milano was supposed to be the big difference maker for them. Kelce DOUBLED his receptions and almost doubled his yardage with Milano playing.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:19 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
#1 is the best. Milano was supposed to be the big difference maker for them. Kelce DOUBLED his receptions and almost doubled his yardage with Milano playing.
Milano and White were their "big answers"......I don't even remember hearing White's name called at all (to be fair, I had quite a few drinks in me though...)

And Milano looked like a lost little puppy dog running all around the field last night.....it was glorious....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:33 PM 01-25-2021
It's pretty obvious that 99% of NFL sportswriters don't know what the fuck they're watching.

The Chiefs just went 14-2 (and would have gone 15-1 if necessary) and for most of those 16 games, they toyed with their opponent, yet the Bills fought and scratched against the likes of the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots early in the season while getting absolutely smoked by the Titans and Chiefs and beat by the (lol) Cardinals.

It's just like this narrative that somehow, the Bucs can beat the Chiefs. Um, no, that's not happening.

It won't matter that the Chiefs are on their 5th Right Guard & 5th Right Tackle and 2nd Left Tackle and 4th Left Guard and no Watkins and no Bell and on and on and on and on.

The Chiefs are winning the Super Bowl, period. And it ain't gonna be close.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:44 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Milano and White were their "big answers"......I don't even remember hearing White's name called at all (to be fair, I had quite a few drinks in me though...)

And Milano looked like a lost little puppy dog running all around the field last night.....it was glorious....
But the wind!!!!
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:48 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's pretty obvious that 99% of NFL sportswriters don't know what the fuck they're watching.

The Chiefs just went 14-2 (and would have gone 15-1 if necessary) and for most of those 16 games, they toyed with their opponent, yet the Bills fought and scratched against the likes of the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots early in the season while getting absolutely smoked by the Titans and Chiefs and beat by the (lol) Cardinals.

It's just like this narrative that somehow, the Bucs can beat the Chiefs. Um, no, that's not happening.

It won't matter that the Chiefs are on their 5th Right Guard & 5th Right Tackle and 2nd Left Tackle and 4th Left Guard and no Watkins and no Bell and on and on and on and on.

In any given year, playing all of those "close" types games the Chiefs played would normally result in 2-3-4 losses for good teams (the proverbial "every team drops games they shouldn't")....

Of course, the media spun it as "they aren't winning big enough!", and ignoring that good to even great teams drop those types of games all the time....

Yet, the Chiefs just kept winning them......

My point is this: The 2020 Chiefs are as tough as nails, and as great as the team was last year, and as fun as 2019 was, this team is actually better. They took everyone's best punches, and it didn't even phase them.

Obviously, we have one more game against a very good opponent left, but this is their stage, and I don't think they will be denied....they have the look, the feel, and the desire of a champion
[Reply]
Bwana 12:49 PM 01-25-2021
It's pretty obvious that 99% of NFL sportswriters don't know what the **** they're watching.

I wonder is Watkins will be back for the SB? Not getting my hopes up on that one.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:51 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its pretty simple fellas. The Kansas City Chiefs will be the favorite in every post season game they play no matter how many games it ends up being this season.

Nobody WANTS to play THEM.
Like I said on Jan 7th. :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:52 PM 01-25-2021
I enjoy this thread.

I want to beat the crap out of them in the AFCCG, paybacks are hell.

Yea Allen needs to get that monkey off his back before everyone starts hanging off his balls.

That was a complete shit show last year in the playoffs.

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:55 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

Muffed punt and a great onside kick made it look close but in reality, it was a 4 TD victory.
Reeks dropped pass on the first drive likely puts them in GF range. We gifted them 9 pts out the gate with the dropped INT and then the muffed punt on top of likely giving up a score on the first drive with the drop then steam rolled their asses into oblivion.

I believe KC has punted 1 time in their last 4 playoff games.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:56 PM 01-25-2021
What's hilarious is all the Brian Daboll love from the press.

What I saw last night was the same ineffective offense he ran with the Chiefs in 2012. Oh sure, Josh Allen is much better than Matt Cassel or Brady Quinn but did Allen really look better than those guys last night?

He was easily thrown off his mark with pressure, panicked several times, wasn't accurate and should have thrown 4 INT's instead of 2. Their run game was shit and just like with the Chiefs and Dwayne Bowe, if you limit Diggs, their offense has nothing else to offer.

In the end, the 2020 Bills were as toothless as every other Bills team in the past 25 years.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:58 PM 01-25-2021

Fake parity, the "any given Sunday", fine line between winning and losing, etc... so, basically every game is treated equally.

Just look at the Packers over the past two seasons... yeah they have Rodgers, but absolute cupcake schedules that prove nothing, but they get hyped up until they run into a real team in the playoffs.

This shit happens every year and the people who get paid to watch and analyze never pick up on it.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 100
« First < 46869293949596 979899100 >
Up