ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 100
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:18 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I'll be honest: i would love a GB vs. KC Super Bowl. Partly because of the football story, but mostly because I want to see Mahomes go toe-to-toe with a legend that's still in his prime. I want to see Patrick match his play against the best QB in the game today. And I want Rodgers to have the best day of his life, so that it's the ultimate shoot-out. 67-63, something like that. That would be legendary.
I'd want to stomp their ass 63 to 10
[Reply]
Rausch 11:19 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Yeah, screw the nail-biters. We had that last year...
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:24 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I would too.

I prefer style matchups like top 2 defense vs. top 2 offense but this is the current NFL.

Top 5 offense and no worse than 20th defense could probably make the SB...
I believe that the worst defense to ever win a SB was 14th. But I don't know if that's based on total yards, yards/game, total Points, Points/game or whatever. Usually, they base it on total yards for the season. Which just about the most general and least informative stat available.

My thing is, I ain't getting any younger, and I want to see the ultimate shoot-out between Patrick, the future GOAT and greatest passer in the NFL, vs. the best other pure passer, Aaron Rodgers, in a winner-take-all, go-for-broke shoot-out to end all shoot-outs. May both defenses be equally crushed by the best QBs to ever throw a football. Don't even run the ball. Just chuck it 169 times.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:25 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Yeah, but that gets boring. And let's be honest: sooner or later that'll happen anyway.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:47 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I believe that the worst defense to ever win a SB was 14th. But I don't know if that's based on total yards, yards/game, total Points, Points/game or whatever. Usually, they base it on total yards for the season. Which just about the most general and least informative stat available.

My thing is, I ain't getting any younger, and I want to see the ultimate shoot-out between Patrick, the future GOAT and greatest passer in the NFL, vs. the best other pure passer, Aaron Rodgers, in a winner-take-all, go-for-broke shoot-out to end all shoot-outs. May both defenses be equally crushed by the best QBs to ever throw a football. Don't even run the ball. Just chuck it 169 times.
Eh, I wouldn't go that far but I see what you're saying.

A Chiefs QB winning a QB duel in a SB just sounds like fan fiction. It's crazy that it's now real life...
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:30 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They have to adjust. They’ve tried the blitzing stuff 3 times now and it’s not worked yet.

They also traded for Ngakoue since the last game, who helps them rush with fewer bodies.
They had a great defense the first time Pat beat them whilst Sammy and Hunt were out along with having a patched up line and Tyreek got injured mid game. So he's experienced everything against them. Them trying to change who they are would be advantage Chiefs imo because changes could encourage mistakes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:32 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
They had a great defense the first time Pat beat them whilst Sammy and Hunt were out along with having a patched up line and Tyreek got injured mid game. So he's experienced everything against them. Them trying to change who they are would be advantage Chiefs imo because changes could encourage mistakes.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:43 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Yeah, screw the nail-biters. We had that last year...
Agreed. I like good, close, entertaining games when the Chiefs aren't involved. I want the Chiefs to win every game 56-3. I'll take 19 "boring" games like that any year.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:44 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Agreed. I like good, close, entertaining games when the Chiefs aren't involved. I want the Chiefs to win every game 56-3. I'll take 19 "boring" games like that any year.
Or is it gonna be 20 games when they expand the schedule? Whatever the math is.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:15 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I don’t think it’s crazy to say they’re going to rush 3-4 for the vast majority of a game against KC this time around. It’s not like they don’t have those kinds of defensive calls in their playbook.

We will see against Buffalo. If they keep stubbornly blitzing at a high rate, we will know their DC isn’t going to adjust and odds are they’ll lose to the Bills anyways in that instance.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:17 AM 01-14-2021
Can I just say how much I'm enjoying the changing of the guard?

AFC play-offs, division round and the QB's don't include Brady.

the young QB's have taken over. Mahomes, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson.

I'm into it. This is much more fun.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:36 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I agree on the AFC, but I think it’ll be the opposite in the NFC.

The Bucs will somehow get lucky and beat the Saints this time, and the Rams just can’t keep up with the Packers with Rodgers going against an injured Goff.
I might be able to see the Bucs, but I think I’m going Rams bc they match up really well with GB.

Packers OL was not physical. Look no further than their ass kicking at TB. Now they lose their LT? Rams pass rush will eat them alive IMO. They’re really good. And Ramsey can erase Adams. He’s that good.

Besides Adams and Jones, the Packers offense really isn’t that good. I think Rodgers will be running for his life a lot of the time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:39 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I might be able to see the Bucs, but I think I’m going Rams bc they match up really well with GB.

Packers OL was not physical. Look no further than their ass kicking at TB. Now they lose their LT? Rams pass rush will eat them alive IMO. They’re really good. And Ramsey can erase Adams. He’s that good.

Besides Adams and Jones, the Packers offense really isn’t that good. I think Rodgers will be running for his life a lot of the time.
Goff is fucking terrible in cold weather and Wolford is out. Unless the Rams can completely shut down the Packers for 60 minutes they wont stand a chance.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:43 PM 01-14-2021
Green Bay will Pack LAs shit in
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Goff is fucking terrible in cold weather and Wolford is out. Unless the Rams can completely shut down the Packers for 60 minutes they wont stand a chance.
Exactly.

I fully agree that their defense matches up perfectly with the Packers, but they will still score some points.

Unless the Rams just go 12 personnel heavy like they did against the Patriots and run it down their throats and Akers gets close to 200 yards again, I don’t see it. Even then it’s going to be tough.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 100
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Up