ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 100
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:43 AM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
While I'm a big fan of metrics and statistics, there is something to be said about real world discretion that should offset pure math.....

And I even liked the 4th down call, because I thought that the winner was going to be in the high 20s - low 30s.....so playing for those points made sense, and they should have gotten it too (Rivers has too much experience to miss that throw, but then again, he's Rivers!). But I also understand the other side of it, as even if the Bills scored before half, you're down 1 at halftime if you kick the field goal. To come up dry there was big....

The XP was the biggest WTF moment I've seen in a long time....Don't care what "analytics" say there. If you make it, it does little to nothing to help you win, and if you miss, then you're chasing points the rest of the game....

I actually don't care as much about the 2 point conversions because at least you get a second chance to right the wrong. It's still a huge WTF moment like you said, but at least they made up for that point later.

You don't get those points back before the half... and didn't they get the ball after halftime? They have to look at scoring 10 on those two possessions, but got greedy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:44 AM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
While I'm a big fan of metrics and statistics, there is something to be said about real world discretion that should offset pure math.....

And I even liked the 4th down call, because I thought that the winner was going to be in the high 20s - low 30s.....so playing for those points made sense, and they should have gotten it too (Rivers has too much experience to miss that throw, but then again, he's Rivers!). But I also understand the other side of it, as even if the Bills scored before half, you're down 1 at halftime if you kick the field goal. To come up dry there was big....

The XP was the biggest WTF moment I've seen in a long time....Don't care what "analytics" say there. If you make it, it does little to nothing to help you win, and if you miss, then you're chasing points the rest of the game....
Mostly I subscribe to the Ditka mantra of "never take points off the board."

However, I don't mind going for it when I think nearly everything's in my favor.

But I didn't like the 4th down call. It's the end of the half; take the points. Go for it some time in the 2nd half. Also, I really didn't like the actual play. If you're going to run it run something that isn't going to risk losing 4 yards.
[Reply]
milkshock 12:36 PM 01-10-2021
Their d is so bad that we could easily control the clock for 40 minutes with the right approach which would kill off any threat from Allen.
[Reply]
In58men 12:38 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Clyde made it very clear he was quoting Breeland, who we know is a rapper.
I definitely didn’t put two an two together.

I’m an idiot.
[Reply]
Jhawkular 04:44 PM 01-10-2021
The op is so ludicrous and quintessential fake news.

Why would KC fear any team when they already have beaten all comers this regular season when KCs played its starters? KC knows it wont get a bye after the first round. They will have to play someone. They will have to play who is in front of them. Just like KC did during the regular season when KC beat the best of the best and went 4-0 vs playoff teams.

Of those playoff teams that KC beat this year, Buff, Balt, and TB have advanced in the playoffs already and are 3-0. New Orleans could make it 4-0.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:38 PM 01-10-2021
Originally Posted by milkshock:
Their d is so bad that we could easily control the clock for 40 minutes with the right approach which would kill off any threat from Allen.

So... just like last time.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:16 AM 01-12-2021
How can this happen?

Bills are signing former Giants’ RB Devonta Freeman to their practice squad, per his rep @DrewJRosenhaus. Bills need another back to make up for loss of RB Zack Moss.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 12, 2021

[Reply]
DaFace 09:21 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How can this happen?

Sounds like teams have found a loophole in the COVID rules. It's a bit annoying, but you can't blame teams for exploiting an advantage when they find it.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:24 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How can this happen?

Awesome. Freeman is absolute trash.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:25 AM 01-12-2021
I think im more scared of Lamar than Josh right now.
[Reply]
Mav 09:28 AM 01-12-2021
I cant see any scenario where the Chiefs fear anyone. Josh Allen has had a phenomenal year. No one wants to play the Chiefs.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:54 PM 01-12-2021
Chiefs are 4-0 vs the remaining playoff teams.

Chiefs don’t fear anyone.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:58 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Sounds like teams have found a loophole in the COVID rules. It's a bit annoying, but you can't blame teams for exploiting an advantage when they find it.
Yeah, the way I understand it after our discussion yesterday is that only street free agents have to go through quarantine. Players on the active roster or PS are considered "in the protocol" so they don't have to sit.

The problem is that we've seen the shit that happened with the Titans, Saints, Browns, and several other teams. It seems to me like just assuming other teams are following protocols is a a terrible assumption.
[Reply]
O.city 01:02 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, the way I understand it after our discussion yesterday is that only street free agents have to go through quarantine. Players on the active roster or PS are considered "in the protocol" so they don't have to sit.

The problem is that we've seen the shit that happened with the Titans, Saints, Browns, and several other teams. It seems to me like just assuming other teams are following protocols is a a terrible assumption.
So, is Henry available? LOL.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:21 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
So, is Henry available? LOL.
Not even sure I'd take Henry of the RBs that could be available. Some RBs on the shelf right now that would appear to be much better fits, imo. SEA's Carson, for example. One of those RBs over at WFT.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 100
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894 > Last »
Up