ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 100
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
eDave 03:21 PM 01-04-2021
Buffalo fans are fugs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's not arrogance. It's fact.

Remember, you came HERE and now you wanna cry about arrogance.

Arrogance is coming to another team's forum to brag about your first decent season since the Jim Kelly era.
Nah, he's the only realist here.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:22 PM 01-04-2021
Shit changes in the post-season...right now, Allen and the Bills are playing loose and care-free. That ends when it's an elimination contest...

Allen has to prove he can handle his shit in those situations...he made some pressure mistakes against the Texans.

Mahomes is battle-tested...3 straight come-from-behind wins on the biggest stage.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:23 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Apparently YOU forgot what you said.

You said:

"This from a fan who is talking smack about how his team poses a supposed threat to the defending Super Bowl champions"

Except I never said that.

And you then quote me saying the Chiefs should still be favored and would probably win.
So your stated agreement with an article with the headline that reads: "The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs" is not you expressing your belief that the Bills are a threat to the Chiefs?

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:23 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
So your stated agreement with an article with the headline that reads: "The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs" is not you expressing your belief that the Bills are a threat to the Chiefs?

We're the arrogant ones, though.
[Reply]
Chieftain 03:26 PM 01-04-2021
20+ years of mediocrity, they win 1 Super Bowl, and this is the arrogance that engulfs them.

Sad...
Are you talking about the Chiefs here? The same team that has won 5 straight division titles and made the playoffs 7 times last decade? If that is mediocrity, what do we call the Bills of the past two decades? Laughing stock? Your record versus New England is good material for Comedy Central.
[Reply]
loochy 03:27 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Buffalo fans are faugs.

FYP
[Reply]
Buffalonative76 03:27 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hill and Watkins were dinged. If Watkins had been healthy, with a healthy Hill to take the double, Andy would've certainly dialed up far more passing plays. And part of the reason to run it that much, besides the weather, is to protect both Mahomes from the pass rush and the receivers from taking possibly awkward and unnecessary hits.

It also saved Andy from showing a ton of his playbook, if you believe that sort of long-con is part of Andy's character. I don't put a lot of stock in that type of thinking, but it was certainly a result of how he called the game.

But it's laughable in the extreme to think that Andy will come out with a gameplan to run the ball 37 times, especially because he did it before. He did it before to see if he could, period. But if you think he's going to plan on running 40 times in a rematch, you're completely deluded. Over his career you can count the number of games he's run the ball more than passed it on one hand. The team is built around the idea of passing 65% of the time.

Andy Reid will most definitely come out passing like it's going out of style if there's a rematch.
Missing your top 2 corners and talking about watkins...chiefs should have had no problems passing against old Josh Norman and a practice squad cb
[Reply]
diqlix 03:28 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wrong.
I'm surprised, but he's actually right.

Chiefs had the 3rd lowest SOS in the AFC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:28 PM 01-04-2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:28 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hill and Watkins were dinged. If Watkins had been healthy, with a healthy Hill to take the double, Andy would've certainly dialed up far more passing plays. And part of the reason to run it that much, besides the weather, is to protect both Mahomes from the pass rush and the receivers from taking possibly awkward and unnecessary hits.

It also saved Andy from showing a ton of his playbook, if you believe that sort of long-con is part of Andy's character. I don't put a lot of stock in that type of thinking, but it was certainly a result of how he called the game.

But it's laughable in the extreme to think that Andy will come out with a gameplan to run the ball 37 times, especially because he did it before. He did it before to see if he could, period. But if you think he's going to plan on running 40 times in a rematch, you're completely deluded. Over his career you can count the number of games he's run the ball more than passed it on one hand. The team is built around the idea of passing 65% of the time.

Andy Reid will most definitely come out passing like it's going out of style if there's a rematch.
Mahomes said most plays were RPO's. The reason we ran so much is Buffalo was backing up their safeties way back and daring us to run. So we took it. I can tell Reid was annoyed though because he ended up screaming at a ref on the sidelines. In a rematch the ball will be in Mahomes hands to win the game.

And if Buffalo has their LB's crowding the LOS like they have been doing the last few week things will get ugly fast for Buffalo because the RPO is pass to Tyreek or Mecole wide open past the LB's and they are going to be running in wide open space.
[Reply]
Buffalonative76 03:29 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's the same story it's been all year:

Chiefs blow 'em out and go into cruise control, rival team makes some shit comeback late in teh game and then the Chiefs stomp em out to finish the job. Rival fans go, "Moral victory, we kept it close!" and the media says, "wow, they only WON by a single score".

Meanwhile the Chiefs roll on as the undisputed #1 team in the league while the media jerks off other teams just to make it interesting.
chiefs have been getting wins by the skins of their teeth...including relying on a dropped int and a missed fg against the falcons!....yea but cruise control
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:29 PM 01-04-2021
I'm surprised, but he's actually right.

Chiefs had the 3rd lowest SOS in the AFC.
Wrong.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:30 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buffalonative76:
Missing your top 2 corners and talking about watkins...chiefs should have had no problems passing against old Josh Norman and a practice squad cb
Did you miss the game? We barely threw the ball because your coach was so scared of our passing offense.

You get to see the Chiefs actual passing offense in playoff mode soon enough. Hint: we can score more than one TD against the Texans...

[Reply]
diqlix 03:30 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Yes, I don't think the Chiefs would want to play the Bills.

If they could PICK, i'm sure they'd rather play the Dolphins or Browns or some other weaker team.

That doesn't mean they can't beat the Bills.

That doesn't mean they're not better than the Bills.

That doens't mean they're not going to the Super Bowl.

It just means, they would rather play someone else to get there, because it would be an easier path.

I can get to work by driving through 5 tolls. But I can also get there by driving through 3 tolls.

Either way, i'll get there.

Nothing is stopping me.

But I'td be easier to go through 3 tolls.

This is not a hard concept.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 100
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up