ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 100
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
diqlix 03:15 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This from a Buffalo Bills "fan" who is talking smack about how his team poses a supposed threat to the defending Super Bowl champions while ignoring the reality that the Bills would need to win TWO playoff games to even have a chance to play the Chiefs.

Two playoff wins for a franchise that hasn't won a single playoff game in 26 years.

Your most recent playoff win was against Don Shula, and he's dead.

Talk about arrogance, JFC.
When did I say that?
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:15 PM 01-04-2021
It's the same story it's been all year:

Chiefs blow 'em out and go into cruise control, rival team makes some shit comeback late in teh game and then the Chiefs stomp em out to finish the job. Rival fans go, "Moral victory, we kept it close!" and the media says, "wow, they only WON by a single score".

Meanwhile the Chiefs roll on as the undisputed #1 team in the league while the media jerks off other teams just to make it interesting.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:16 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

Pathetic.

You were dominated in every aspect of the game and in every statistical category.

You got a TD laaaate in the game after being abused all game long right before the Chiefs put 'em away for good, and now ya'll wanna scream moral victory.

You can find someone else's ass to stick your finger in buddy, cuz it aint here.
You got caught in a lie.

It's OK.

Jus don't keep doing it.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:17 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's the same story it's been all year:

Chiefs blow 'em out and go into cruise control, rival team makes some shit comeback late in teh game and then the Chiefs stomp em out to finish the job. Rival fans go, "Moral victory, we kept it close!" and the media says, "wow, they only WON by a single score".

Meanwhile the Chiefs roll on as the undisputed #1 team in the league while the media jerks off other teams just to make it interesting.
20+ years of mediocrity, they win 1 Super Bowl, and this is the arrogance that engulfs them.

Sad...
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:17 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buffalonative76:
chiefs had one of the lowest sos and also sov schedules this season....
Wrong.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:17 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
When did I say that?
You must have already forgotten your second post in this thread...

I’m sure there will be plenty of snark in this thread, but I think the article is true.

The Chiefs would still be favored, as they should be, but if you were to give Andy Reid the CHOICE - would you rather play Buffalo, or a weaker team like the Browns, Steelers, etc - I think he would definitely choose someone other than Buffalo.

[Reply]
diqlix 03:18 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
You are confusing arrogance with confidence. Do you know who can be labeled arrogant? Whiner fans from last year who held on to their past glory and totally underestimated the greatness of Mahomes.
We are confident that if we play the Bills again, Mahomes would outduel Allen. Reid would outcoach McDermott and our D will outperform your D. It's that simple.
I like confidence.

Confidence is fine.

Mocking other teams is not confidence.

It's arrogance.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:19 PM 01-04-2021
You got caught in a lie.

It's OK.

Jus don't keep doing it.
Only a fool thinks 34 seconds is anything meaningful.

No lie at all, it's called rounding. No one gives a shit about your 34 seconds. It changes nothing about the context of the argument.

You were dominated in every way. The game was nowhere near as close as the score indicated (that you seem to keep priding yourself on) and if not for a late TD, you lose by 16pts.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:20 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
You must have already forgotten your second post in this thread...
Apparently YOU forgot what you said.

You said:

"This from a fan who is talking smack about how his team poses a supposed threat to the defending Super Bowl champions"

Except I never said that.

And you then quote me saying the Chiefs should still be favored and would probably win. I have never said the Bills would "threat" or beat the Chiefs. Ever (this year).
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:20 PM 01-04-2021
20+ years of mediocrity, they win 13 games, and this is the arrogance that engulfs them.

Sad...
Describing yourself again. :-)
[Reply]
alanm 03:20 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by AROD3024:
Lmao. Wow you guys are a trip! Can’t wait till you see
the Bills again. You think it’s gonna be that easy? I’ll be back when they meet again. And believe me, you’re all homers that dont know anything, but I’m sure Andy Reid and his coaches are worried plenty. As they should be.... Good luck until they meet again! Btw plz keep on w the homer “bills aren’t that good” and the chiefs will wake up come playoff time BS comments. It’s hilarious! I love it in here.
Oh hell, their coming out of the woodwork again. Has Steeler Dane been back as well? Somebody get the antifreeze.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:20 PM 01-04-2021
When two people agree, what is there to say?

Colts fan: Bills will win.
Me: Bills will win.

Great. Good discussion.

I've had plenty of football discussion on this forum. You just don't like that I disagree with your opinion.

If I came here and said "Chiefs are great! They will win the Super Bowl. No one can beat them", you'd all love me. But because I disagree, "he's a troll".
:-)

Just keep posting. You're awful.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:21 PM 01-04-2021
20+ years of mediocrity, they win 1 Super Bowl, and this is the arrogance that engulfs them.

Sad...
It's not arrogance. It's fact.

Remember, you came HERE and now you wanna cry about arrogance.

Arrogance is coming to another team's forum to brag about your first decent season since the Jim Kelly era.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 01-04-2021
I like confidence.

Confidence is fine.

Mocking other teams is not confidence.

It's arrogance.
Again, we're not mocking the Bills. We're mocking YOU.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:21 PM 01-04-2021
Chiefs ran that many times, not because of injury, but because of what the Bills did on defense.

Mahomes and Reid literally said after the game that the Bills baited them into running.

McDermott then said yes, we pulled everyone into coverage and made them run.
Hill and Watkins were dinged. If Watkins had been healthy, with a healthy Hill to take the double, Andy would've certainly dialed up far more passing plays. And part of the reason to run it that much, besides the weather, is to protect both Mahomes from the pass rush and the receivers from taking possibly awkward and unnecessary hits.

It also saved Andy from showing a ton of his playbook, if you believe that sort of long-con is part of Andy's character. I don't put a lot of stock in that type of thinking, but it was certainly a result of how he called the game.

But it's laughable in the extreme to think that Andy will come out with a gameplan to run the ball 37 times, especially because he did it before. He did it before to see if he could, period. But if you think he's going to plan on running 40 times in a rematch, you're completely deluded. Over his career you can count the number of games he's run the ball more than passed it on one hand. The team is built around the idea of passing 65% of the time.

Andy Reid will most definitely come out passing like it's going out of style if there's a rematch.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 100
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up