ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 39
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
scho63 09:09 AM 01-26-2021
So people are picking on and criticizing water fasting but taking about shooting steroids? :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:17 AM 01-26-2021
I've been pondering buying a rowing machine. Anyone got any opinions about models? I see a lot of them with monitors. Obviously you want something that will measure and display your progress, but I don't think I want to buy a $40 a month fitness subscription or whatever they try to sell with them. Is a monitor still good if you don't do the subscription? Or is it a waste of money? And I guess I'm open-minded about the subscription if somebody says they're really great.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 11:30 AM 01-26-2021
I might have been a tad ambitious yesterday (but I felt good! lol). A 5k (fast walk/varying speed & incline) on the TM, and 5K on the air bike (just arms) and some crunches.

I woke up exhausted this morning. I'm going to get my "mile a day" at the very least today and see how I feel after that. The good news is that my knee (mcl sprain) feels really good today.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:41 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
So people are picking on and criticizing water fasting but taking about shooting steroids? :-)
It's better than starving yourself for weeks that thread is incredibly stupid. People want to take shortcuts instead of doing the work. In the end there really are no shortcuts.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:54 AM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Uh yeah, those steroids are chock full of electrolytes. That's the #1 concern it appears.
[Reply]
NewChief 12:07 PM 01-26-2021
Man... these threads are a blast from the past.

Wife and I generally work out 5 mornings a week.

MWF: CrossFit style HIIT weights, plyo, etc..
Tuesday: RPM Cycling
Thursday: I was using this as my heavy lift day, but the wife talked me into pilates. I've actually really been enjoying it, and it feels good on my old man joints and muscles.

I also ride bikes like... a lot. Not quite as much currently because I don't have time before it gets dark after work, but when daylight savings is over, I ride most nights after work with my youngest. I also ride on weekends.

I would like to work more heavy lifting (deadlifts, mainly because they're very effective for the type of riding I do) into my routine, but I struggle to find the time. Would also look to build in some yoga... but it's the same. Hard to find the time without cutting into my bike riding.

Have an enduro race coming up in a couple of weeks, so we'll see how fit I'm feeling. I'm not usually competitive in my class, but maybe this is my year, hah.

Wife and I also still regularly do IF, which we've been doing for like a decade now, I believe. Gets harder and harder to maintain physique as I approach 50, but still trying.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:02 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's pretty much HIIT it's a great workout if you're trying to lose weight make sure your calorie intake is in check and you should have quick results for weight loss.
Thanks. My weight is good but I'm always looking for a new way to shake up my routines. I have sessions scheduled for today and Friday, I'll know if I'm going to do it for more than a month or two after that.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:54 AM 02-03-2021
Maybe a stupid question, so feel free to roast if warranted.

I've started calorie tracking via the My Fitness Pal app. Hate doing this, but since parenthood hit, I've only really been able to exercise enough to just maintain my current weight of 205 (I'm 6'1''). Decided I wanted to get down to 190 by continuing my same exercise regimen but changing my diet up a bit, particularly with calorie counting.

My question is do I "accrue" calories unused each day so that I have an effective balance at the end of each week? Let's say my daily calorie goal is 2,000 and I only put in 1,800, giving me 200 remaining. If I do that daily Monday-Friday, does that give me an extra 1,000 calories to play with (drink bourbon) on Saturday?

I realize that's probably a stupid question to some of you, but I've had mixed opinions from research online and questions to friends, so I thought I'd see what you all think.
[Reply]
loochy 10:00 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by RockChalk:

I've started calorie tracking via the My Fitness Pal app. Hate doing this, but since parenthood hit, I've only really been able to exercise enough to just maintain my current weight of 205 (I'm 6'1''). Decided I wanted to get down to 190 by continuing my same exercise regimen but changing my diet up a bit, particularly with calorie counting.

My question is do I "accrue" calories unused each day so that I have an effective balance at the end of each week? Let's say my daily calorie goal is 2,000 and I only put in 1,800, giving me 200 remaining. If I do that daily Monday-Friday, does that give me an extra 1,000 calories to play with (drink bourbon) on Saturday?

I realize that's probably a stupid question to some of you, but I've had mixed opinions from research online and questions to friends, so I thought I'd see what you all think.

Technically yes, but don't do it. You lose your rhythm. Once you cheat it's really hard to get back on track. It also puts you into that mentality of "oh I can just make this up tomorrow". Then it turns into next week, then next month, then next year.

Just go one day at a time and look at each day in a vacuum and you'll be more successful.
[Reply]
Renegade 10:11 AM 02-03-2021

I eat what I want daily, just account for everything. If you want Bourbon today, have it. No sense in avoid cravings, then it just becomes easier to over indulge IMHO. I have been using Noom for 3 months and it has been working for me. Today I hit the 50 pound mark. I am shooting for at least 20 more. My calorie intake is 1400 per day without exercise added in.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:20 AM 02-03-2021
Who loves peptides?

Both of these cycle 3 week on 3 weeks off.

https://extremepeptides.com/product/ghrp-6-5mg/
https://extremepeptides.com/product/ghrp-2-5mg/

Run this continuously. No cycle needed. https://extremepeptides.com/product/...-mod-grf-1-29/
[Reply]
loochy 10:25 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Who loves peptides?

Both of these cycle 3 week on 3 weeks off.

https://extremepeptides.com/product/ghrp-6-5mg/
https://extremepeptides.com/product/ghrp-2-5mg/

Run this continuously. No cycle needed. https://extremepeptides.com/product/...-mod-grf-1-29/

I'd probably rather use MK
[Reply]
penguinz 10:35 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's cheaper here billay

https://www.blueskypeptide.com/tadal...ml-x-30ml.html

They send you 40-50% off codes, wait for those.
Better price here: https://extremepeptides.com/product/tadalafil/
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:35 AM 02-03-2021

In general, yes... and in theory, if you don't go crazy on the weekends, you won't completely sabotage what you've done during the week, but of course may be looking at being closer to breaking even than making progress.

I'm closer to doing something like that right now, because I want the general diet and exercise habits to last forever, as opposed to the past where I'd go cold turkey on alcohol and what not, just to slide back into old habits.

That said, just keep in mind that a deficit of 500/week would take 7 weeks to lose one pound, and probably not where you'd notice over just a matter of weeks... not that it's a bad strategy, as it's probably far more sustainable for the long term.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 08:49 AM 02-08-2021
I made it back to the gym today after a few days of taking it easy. The weather here shifted and the pressure build-ups plays havoc with my RA/OA, plus I was going up and down a ladder a lot at work that didn't help matters.

I can't remember if I gave a January update, but I was down a couple pounds and close to an inch off of my measurements.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 39
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up