ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Independence Center brawl
Deberg_1990 09:15 AM 12-28-2020
:-)

From the KC Star's Trey Williams. Police break up fights involving hundreds of teens at Independence mall https://t.co/i9b6NlJaB4

— Joyce Smith (@JoyceKC) December 28, 2020

Independence police called on parents Saturday evening to pick up their kids from Independence Center after multiple large disturbances and fights broke out causing the mall to close early, police said.

In a post on the department’s Facebook page, Independence police said, “If you left a child (under 18) at the Independence Center, come get them now. This is at the request of mall management.”

According to Independence police public information officer John Syme, multiple disturbances and fights involving several hundred teens occurred around 5:30 p.m. The incidents forced mall security to close the mall early, around 6:30 p.m.

Ten individuals were arrested and cited for disorderly conduct, endangering the welfare of a minor, interfering with police, assault on a law enforcement officer, and false information, Syme said in an email.

Six of those were adults and four were juveniles. Four of the adults were parents or grandparents of some of the juveniles who were charged.

Multiple agencies were involved, including the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and the Blue Springs, Lee’s Summit and Kansas City Police Departments, Syme said.

Independence police have previously said they have experienced issues with minors causing disturbances at restaurants, businesses and entertainment venues at Independence Center.

Police, along with mall management and local groups, instituted a 9 p.m. curfew for minors, which began Nov. 26.

The curfew is every night and ends at 6 a.m. in the area between 40 Highway on the south, 39th Street on the north, Little Blue Parkway to the east and M291 Highway to the west.

The city said that the curfew is strictly enforced, and that parents of unaccompanied juveniles will be issued citations.

Independence city officials said when announcing the curfew that an uptick in incidents this year prompted the curfew.

“We have had incidents at various businesses, restaurants, entertainment venues, shopping areas and parking lots throughout the region,” Independence Police Chief Brad Halsey said in a news release in November. “In all of these incidents, minors have been causing disturbances, affecting the flow of traffic, and negatively impacting the experience of others visiting these venues. This has diverted police attention from other areas of the community requiring additional presence to protect the patrons and businesses in this area.”
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:20 AM 12-29-2020
Parents don't parent. Don't know how to parent.

Schools don't do discipline any more.

= = = Riots of 2020 and MPLS most murders ever.

restorative justice is going to ruin society

My new school had a drug dog come through during class right before break.

I was happy.
[Reply]
notorious 08:26 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Parents don't parent. Don't know how to parent.

Schools don't do discipline any more.

= = = Riots of 2020 and MPLS most murders ever.

restorative justice is going to ruin society

My new school had a drug dog come through during class right before break.

I was happy.
Great news. I’m glad you got out of the old shithole.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:27 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Shit, my mom would be locked up as a child abuser today. She'd beat my ass with whatever was handy, wherever we were. And thank God she did.

Spare the rod, spoil the child. One of the most basic, undeniable truths of human existence, blasted away by the same idiot cockbags who think there are 20 different genders.
Everyone needs to get their ass kicked at some point of their life, but I don't think parents are the ones who need to do it. The worst thing my parents would do to me is take my Playstation away. Hollly shit did that suck.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:30 AM 12-29-2020
Definitely watch the Unrated version of Bad Santa, it's way better than the regular.

I think my favorite scene, out of many, is when Marcus asks the elf girl if she's seen the new Santa and in perfect teenage accent she goes, "YAAAA, HE'S BACK THERE DRUNK".

kills me every time
[Reply]
BWillie 10:33 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Definitely watch the Unrated version of Bad Santa, it's way better than the regular.

I think my favorite scene, out of many, is when Marcus asks the elf girl if she's seen the new Santa and in perfect teenage accent she goes, "YAAAA, HE'S BACK THERE DRUNK".

kills me every time
So many great parts to that movie.

You look at this face because this thing is the last fucking thing you are ever gonna see. My brother lost a god damned arm fighting you fuckers in Vietnam (while talking to an Indian guy lolol)

BTW, where is that poster named Therman Merman? :-):-)
[Reply]
bowener 11:10 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Would love to take a hammer fist to some of these punks skulls
Why?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:06 PM 12-29-2020
Police scanner recording from the incident

https://fb.watch/2HdKFhRO2l/
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:09 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
https://www.kmbc.com/article/indepen...urday/35085107

Looks like they implemented a curfew for this weekend

No one under 17 without a parent after 3pm
Who's gonna enforce it, Paul Blart with a can of pepper spray?
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:26 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Police scanner recording from the incident

https://fb.watch/2HdKFhRO2l/
You never see a good brawl on the Hallmark Channel...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:41 PM 12-31-2020
There was just a shooting there a few minutes ago
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:15 PM 12-31-2020
Yep, IPD reporting a shooting, lots of people are in lock down inside the mall. Happy New Year!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:27 PM 12-31-2020
Welcome to independence!

Jackson County Sheriff’s Office deputies are on scene with the Independence Police Department at the Independence Center where a shooting is being reported. Details will be provided by the Independence Police Department. @CityOfIndepMO @JacksonCountyMO @KCMO @JCSheriffOffice pic.twitter.com/NWDk8J50jM

— Darryl Forte' (@sheriffforte) January 1, 2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:29 PM 12-31-2020
16 year old kid. :-)

Update from Independence Police:

16-year-old boy shot in the leg at 5:13 p.m. at the Independence Center Mall. Police were working as off-duty security guard when they heard gunshots. The officers provided first aid to the teen.
One person arrested. The center is closed .

— 41 Action News (@41actionnews) January 1, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 06:34 PM 12-31-2020
It happened by dicks, my son works at the buckle which is right by there.
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:36 PM 12-31-2020
There'll be a lot of drunken yahoos firing rounds into the air at Midnight tonight as well. I always worry some innocent is going to get hit. Shudder to think.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up