ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schwartz and Remmers both have back injuries
RunKC 03:28 PM 12-13-2020
Damn. I’m worried about this. It sucked losing Schwartz but now Remmers with the same injury.

I pray to God we get at least one of them back
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:41 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's just more fake "metrics".

When Garrett Bolles is the #9 tackle in the league, you know this list is complete and utter garbage.
Yeah if Fish can't make top 10 in pass pro, it's not a list I'm taking seriously
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:42 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I seem to remember the line was getting their shit wrecked until midway through the 4th quarter in the Super Bowl. If your plan is to let the opponent tire themselves out then that's well and dandy, but there ain't much room for error doing that.
SF was the best pass rushing team in the league last year. Again, I’m guessing the coaching staff sees things differently than we do.

They have dozens of reasons to explain it away without admitting the talent is the problem.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:46 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
SF was the best pass rushing team in the league last year. Again, I’m guessing the coaching staff sees things differently than we do.

They have dozens of reasons to explain it away without admitting the talent is the problem.
Good for them. When the line is playing bad enough that Mahomes is effected enough to make errant throws and bad decisions like what happened on Sunday I don't need to be on the staff to see that's a pretty major problem.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:49 PM 12-29-2020
Good for them. When the line is playing bad enough that Mahomes is effected enough to make errant throws and bad decisions like what happened on Sunday I don't need to be on the staff to see that's a pretty major problem.
Mahomes didn't need to throw the interception to #54 and could have easily thrown it away, in which the Chiefs would have had, at minimum, an additional 3 points.

Mahomes has been pressing for weeks. I don't know if it's because he's trying to stay in the MVP race, because he's injured or because he's flat worn out but he's made several bad decisions and he's lucky he didn't have an 2nd interception on Sunday as well.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:50 PM 12-29-2020
The line wasn’t even THAT bad Sunday.

It was mostly on Mahomes.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:52 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Mahomes didn't need to throw the interception to #54 and could have easily thrown it away, in which the Chiefs would have had, at minimum, an additional 3 points.

Mahomes has been pressing for weeks. I don't know if it's because he's trying to stay in the MVP race, because he's injured or because he's flat worn out but he's made several bad decisions and he's lucky he didn't have an 2nd interception on Sunday as well.
That would be interception is what has me so worried. That was a game losing decision that is so unlike Mahomes there must be something seriously wrong.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:55 PM 12-29-2020
That would be interception is what has me so worried. That was a game losing decision that is so unlike Mahomes there must be something seriously wrong.
Yea there’s something “seriously wrong” with Mahomes :-)

He did something fucking stupid, they bailed him out, and he came back the very next play and threw a beautiful TD. He responded exactly how you’d want him to.

Having a couple weeks to decompress, get back to the basics, and watch the tape from the last couple weeks will be good for him. He’ll be fine.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:59 PM 12-29-2020
As I mentioned earlier, it's pretty clear that he's been pressing in recent weeks.

He hasn't been taking the easy yardage and has instead, been firing balls downfield, some of which haven't even been close to the mark.

It appears that he's in a bit of a rut, so some time off will do him some good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:04 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The line wasn’t even THAT bad Sunday.

It was mostly on Mahomes.
Exactly. He almost threw an INT earlier in the game when he flat out failed to recognize a zone blitz. He threw it right to the defensive end.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:07 PM 12-29-2020
There’s more to it than just the line. Some of his decisions were just flat bad, and it wasn’t because of pressure.

Look, I get that everybody wants them to overhaul the line. I would love to see it, too. But it’s not going to happen. People are going to be really disappointed if they think next year is going to be 2 or 3 new starters.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:22 PM 12-29-2020
There’s more to it than just the line. Some of his decisions were just flat bad, and it wasn’t because of pressure.

Look, I get that everybody wants them to overhaul the line. I would love to see it, too. But it’s not going to happen. People are going to be really disappointed if they think next year is going to be 2 or 3 new starters.
Over the current starting 5? Like right now?

Oh I guarantee there will be at least 2.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:25 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Over the planned starting lineup before injuries and COVID.

Let’s put it this way - the person people want replaced most is Wylie. I bet he’s back and starting.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:32 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Yeah unfortunately I gotta disagree with htis here, I'm thinking 2 new starters as well
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:33 PM 12-29-2020
Over the planned starting lineup before injuries and COVID.

Let’s put it this way - the person people want replaced most is Wylie. I bet he’s back and starting.
:-) You must not have any faith in Veach if you think Wylie is back and starting.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:33 PM 12-29-2020
Mahomes seems to struggle with decision making when opposing defenses give him consistent pressure up the a gaps. As do most quarterbacks. It kinda makes him human.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Up