ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 62
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:14 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
These posts are so incredibly dull. First off, I don't know anyone that isn't enjoying Mahomes, so just stop with that stupid shit.

But this comment is just lol moronic:

"But if he should become off key or slipping in his playing ability, then he will have lost his status. and fall in with other past QB's who started out high, and fell from grace."

He's been a regular season MVP, and will most likely win another this year. He's won a SB and been the SB MVP. He's breaking records, setting new standards and he's only 25. He's done more in 2.75 years as a NFL Starting QB than most QB's do in their entire careers. There's only a select few that have done what he's done this early in his career. The only thing that would drop his ability is if he got seriously injured - which isn't a fall from grace. He's a once in a generation talent. Embrace it.
I got told by someone that just coached in college, not the NFL, that Mahomes was a generational QB before the 2017 draft. He ain't falling off anything. This is what a generational talent looks like..not Lawrence who some of the Dinosaurs are trying to sell because they missed on Mahomes.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:18 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Sackattack:
Chiefsfanatic, no I just didn't come out of any coma, i'm just saying that PM is having a sensational start to his career with the Chiefs. Yes its all fun, and enjoyable to watch, but let's give him several more years and see what his stats are among others. He is young, mobile, and definetly talented. But if he should become off key or slipping in his playing ability, then he will have lost his status. and fall in with other past QB's who started out high, and fell from grace. Im not saying he will fall , but lets enjoy it while it lasts.
Have you looked at the list of QBs who have started this high? None of them fell from grace.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:20 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Have you looked at the list of QBs who have started this high? None of them fell from grace.
Exactly.

Guys that do this over 2 games flame out.

Guts that do this over 2 SEASONS don't just flame out.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:24 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes needs to average just over 300 passing yards a game to hit 5,000 again. 4 TD's a game to hit 50.

I think he can do it.
I mean 4 TDs a game seems like a stretch but the yds is very doable.

Pats so good it's almost not fair. Then you add Reid and our offensive weapons to the mix and it's a thing if beauty to watch.
[Reply]
milkshock 10:34 AM 12-01-2020
This is his most accomplished season as a pro, in terms of of week to week performance.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:42 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

Guys that do this over 2 games flame out.

Guts that do this over 2 SEASONS don't just flame out.
Only thing that will stop him is injury or other health issues. We are far past the point of comparing him to guys like Kaepernick who had a gimmicky hot start and could not read a defense. Mahomes’ mental ability is far stronger than people realize.
[Reply]
milkshock 10:48 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Only thing that will stop him is injury or other health issues. We are far past the point of comparing him to guys like Kaepernick who had a gimmicky hot start and could not read a defense. Mahomes’ mental ability is far stronger than people realize.
In my view, he is already one of the most clutch QB's in the history of the league, up there with the Montana's, Brady's etc.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:52 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by milkshock:
In my view, he is already one of the most clutch QB's in the history of the league, up there with the Montana's, Brady's etc.
I would not put him in that category yet. But I also will never bet against him on 3rd or 4th down, or in late game crucial situations. He has to keep doing this clutch stuff for another 4-5 years and then I think we can throw his name in there with other guys that had a long track record of clutch performances.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:54 AM 12-01-2020

This right here is all that needs to be said.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:57 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I honestly don't remember. Maybe back in the day when the Vikings had Carter and Moss?
NFL Network said it was 1980 Chargers--Winslow and some WR whose name I am blanking on at the moment.
[Reply]
milkshock 11:01 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
NFL Network said it was 1980 Chargers--Winslow and some WR whose name I am blanking on at the moment.
Jefferson
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:17 AM 12-01-2020
Agreed.

If he stays healthy sky is the limit!

Mobile? Check. Smart? Check. Big arm? Check. Learns from mistakes? Check. Good outside the pocket? Check. Highly competitive? Check. A natural leader? Check... I could go on...

No one is perfect but he is pretty damn close
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:19 AM 12-01-2020
The crazy thing about that 1980 Chargers team, was not only did they have the first and second leading receivers in the NFL (WR Jefferson & TE Winslow), they also had the #4 leading receiver in Charlie Joiner. All 3 over 1000, of course. Crazy offensive numbers for those days.

That team also led the NFL in sacks and lost in the AFC Title Game (sound familiar?)
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 11:28 AM 12-01-2020
Lots of chatter about Derrick Henry as MVP. The next few games will determine who gets it. This is the time of year Henry puts up 200 yards a game, and he's already near 1300 yards. A 2000 yard season may be enough to beat out mahomie
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 11:29 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by milkshock:
Not even they were capable of converting as many 3rd and long’s as Mahomes has been. 3rd and 10+ is must-watch with Patrick.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 62
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up