ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Fisher and Schwartz finally get some love from PFF
Megatron96 03:32 PM 08-13-2020
"The NFL season is right around the corner, signaling that it's time for us to debut our position rankings. And what better place to start than down in the trenches at offensive tackle? The last thing coaching staffs want in the modern-day NFL is a tackle who consistently ends up in the lap of the quarterback. Poor play at the position is a hindrance to both the quarterback — especially less-experienced ones — and the offense as a whole. That is part of the reason why 25% of the top 20 picks in the 2020 NFL Draft were offensive tackles. Nonetheless, these 25 tackles have put their offenses in positions to consistently succeed.

1. MITCHELL SCHWARTZ, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
While Schwartz wasn't named a top-10 offensive tackle by coaches, executives and his peers across the NFL, numbers never lie. And for that reason, Schwartz rings in at the top spot in our eyes. "

Read the rest of the article here:
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking...020-nfl-season
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:14 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Niang on the left, Remmers on the right. Draft and develop more talent.
I would see the opposite if they do plan on grooming Niang as a future left tackle I think they take the Fisher approach again and plug him in at RT for the first year and have the more experienced Remmers at LT until Fisher is back and then Andy uses his gut between Remmers and Niang for RT the remainder of the season. If that’s the rout we take we could be stacked at tackle if Schwartz somehow makes it back as well. Obviously I think guard/center upgrades should be our top priority in the offseason.
[Reply]
Delano 02:15 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Niang on the left, Remmers on the right. Draft and develop more talent.
There is no chance of this happening.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:39 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I would see the opposite if they do plan on grooming Niang as a future left tackle I think they take the Fisher approach again and plug him in at RT for the first year and have the more experienced Remmers at LT until Fisher is back and then Andy uses his gut between Remmers and Niang for RT the remainder of the season. If that’s the rout we take we could be stacked at tackle if Schwartz somehow makes it back as well. Obviously I think guard/center upgrades should be our top priority in the offseason.
It could go either way really. Remmers/Niang at tackle. I just considered Niang at right because i believe thats what he played in college and hes the unproven commodity, so they may want to keep him in Mahomes line of sight. But i can see your logic.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:40 PM 01-26-2021
Originally Posted by Delano:
There is no chance of this happening.
What part and why? Remmers has proven solid with Mitch down. Niang wasnt drafted to ride the pine. And were probably not going to have fish available to start the season.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:03 PM 01-26-2021
Niang is not playing left tackle.

He will play right tackle or guard only.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up