ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1886 of 2686
« First < 886138617861836187618821883188418851886 18871888188918901896193619862386 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 11:54 AM 07-23-2020
I am not so sure Lamar would have awesome success in KC. He would be required to throw the ball way more than he does right now. KC does not have a mauler style OL designed for a strong run game. Every time Lamar has been forced to throw the ball on a huge chunk of snaps, the result has not been great. I think Baltimore has the perfect setup for him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:26 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Lamar Jackson would be fine in KC's offense but only because of Andy Reid.

You put KC's talent on the field but then get some mediocre Kevin Stefanski type motherfucker running the show, and Lamar wouldn't always be placed in a position to succeed. Then he'd likely struggle.

Mahomes has had a really advantageous start to his career being paired with Reid, but he's going into year 4 and year 3 of his years of being the starting QB. Eventually he's going to hit the Peyton Manning mark in terms of on-field intelligence, and that day is coming very soon. At the point, he could probably take a fucking Freddie Kitchens-coached team to the playoffs.
I don't think so.

Reid wouldn't have been content running that run-first offense, IMO. He'd have tried to turn Jackson into a Jeff Garcia sort. I guess the absolute best case scenario in his development would've been the 2017 Chiefs but I think Smith, as mediocre a passer as he was, was STILL better than Jackson is as a pure thrower.

Reid wouldn't have 'played the slice' with Jackson the way Roman and Harbaugh did. He'd have done everything he could to try to make him a better passer in a system that could occasionally incorporate his legs.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 12:27 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think so.

Reid wouldn't have been content running that run-first offense, IMO. He'd have tried to turn Jackson into a Jeff Garcia sort. I guess the absolute best case scenario in his development would've been the 2017 Chiefs but I think Smith, as mediocre a passer as he was, was STILL better than Jackson is as a pure thrower.

Reid wouldn't have 'played the slice' with Jackson the way Roman and Harbaugh did. He'd have done everything he could to try to make him a better passer in a system that could occasionally incorporate his legs.
I agree with you, Andy wants to throw the football.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:55 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think so.

Don't get me wrong... Mahomes on this team means Super Bowls. Lamar on this team means more of the same that we had with Alex.

So have him run the classic WCO without the deep throws and give him even more designed runs and options than he did with Alex.

It wouldn't be nearly as explosive as what Mahomes (or 2017 Alex) ran, but it would get the job done. KC could continue losing in the playoffs to superior teams when the going gets tough against better QBs like they did under Alex.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:43 PM 07-24-2020

Run It Back Turbo 🚀 @PatrickMahomes #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ypRyZOo6oY

— Jan. 🗯 (@JanSalmon77) July 24, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:30 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Don't get me wrong... Mahomes on this team means Super Bowls. Lamar on this team means more of the same that we had with Alex.

So have him run the classic WCO without the deep throws and give him even more designed runs and options than he did with Alex.

It wouldn't be nearly as explosive as what Mahomes (or 2017 Alex) ran, but it would get the job done. KC could continue losing in the playoffs to superior teams when the going gets tough against better QBs like they did under Alex.
I think it's worth pointing out that Michael Vick ran for almost 700 yards under Andy in 12 starts in 2010. Andy does always adapt his offense to maximize the potential of his offense. I don't think he would have completely re-designed his offense ala Roman. But the speed of Lamar, Tyreek, Micole, and Damien in the backfield? You know Andy would have had some devastating runs drawn up from that combo and I'm sure he would have brought it out to its full potential in the playoffs. I don't know if he wins a Super Bowl this year with that combo, though.

In fact, I don't know if I have any degree of certainty that any other QB outside Mahomes wins the Super Bowl on the Chiefs this year. Being down 0-24 unleashed a sleeping giant that had never fully emerged during the regular season. It was like Mahomes went into full Avatar mode and desecrated a disciple of the Patriot Way. The thing is, though, I don't know too many other QB's who pull off Pat's 3rd and 4th touchdowns. The maneuvering he had to do outside of the pocket and then throw pitch perfect passes through razor thin windows is a skill not many other QB's have in the NFL. Russell Wilson, maybe? I know prime Aaron Rodgers could have pulled it off. I definitely don't think Lamar would have been able to pull it off, either.

But, in the right postseason, I think Andy/Lamar could make noise. Unsure if they could go all the way, but Andy would have had a blast with those play designs.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:19 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think it's worth pointing out that Michael Vick ran for almost 700 yards under Andy in 12 starts in 2010. Andy does always adapt his offense to maximize the potential of his offense. I don't think he would have completely re-designed his offense ala Roman. But the speed of Lamar, Tyreek, Micole, and Damien in the backfield? You know Andy would have had some devastating runs drawn up from that combo and I'm sure he would have brought it out to its full potential in the playoffs. I don't know if he wins a Super Bowl this year with that combo, though.

In fact, I don't know if I have any degree of certainty that any other QB outside Mahomes wins the Super Bowl on the Chiefs this year. Being down 0-24 unleashed a sleeping giant that had never fully emerged during the regular season. It was like Mahomes went into full Avatar mode and desecrated a disciple of the Patriot Way. The thing is, though, I don't know too many other QB's who pull off Pat's 3rd and 4th touchdowns. The maneuvering he had to do outside of the pocket and then throw pitch perfect passes through razor thin windows is a skill not many other QB's have in the NFL. Russell Wilson, maybe? I know prime Aaron Rodgers could have pulled it off. I definitely don't think Lamar would have been able to pull it off, either.

But, in the right postseason, I think Andy/Lamar could make noise. Unsure if they could go all the way, but Andy would have had a blast with those play designs.
As far as I know, Lamar has not shown the ability to to make big comebacks happen. Maybe he’ll start showing this in the near future. But I definitely don’t think KC would have been able to beat Deshaun & Houston if Lamar was the KC QB last year. Same statement applies for that Niners Super Bowl game too. Down double digits with less than 10 minutes on the clock. Patrick has the right physical talent and clutch factor to do very well in these situations.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:20 AM 07-25-2020
Why is everyone sucking off Lamar in the sacred Mahomes thread? :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:09 AM 07-25-2020

Mahomes on Dynasty Talk: "You love the goals, that they want to win championships and they don't want to be average." #Chiefs

— Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) July 25, 2020

[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:23 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Fair.

Luckily they did not have a minimum of games.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:53 PM 07-25-2020

Mahomes says he basically stepped into the player rep role for the Chiefs this offseason with the help of former KC rep Dustin Colquitt. Mahomes says he's been on all the NFLPA calls and asked questions during the negotiations to get the season started.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) July 25, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:28 PM 07-25-2020
So have we had any posts suggesting Patrick gets himself a hotter Mom?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDFIxA9n...d=opr0e6g8kxz0
[Reply]
booyaf2 09:21 PM 07-25-2020
I aah don’t aah know aah what cigarette aspirin I’m out.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:20 AM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So have we had any posts suggesting Patrick gets himself a hotter Mom?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDFIxA9n...d=opr0e6g8kxz0

[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:54 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Camaro:
Bust
First post in the Mahomes thread.

You can run, but you'll never hide, Camaro.
[Reply]
Page 1886 of 2686
« First < 886138617861836187618821883188418851886 18871888188918901896193619862386 > Last »
Up