Page 79 of 4836
« First < 29697576777879 80818283891291795791079 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:02 PM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Yes. The loser must post in a ridiculous manner for a certain amount of time.

Go on...
[Reply]
MagicHef 06:39 PM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Go on...
I don't know... maybe you would need to start each post with a haiku about Jake Plummer or something.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:59 PM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by :
Bare-handed Peyton Manning throwing better than ever

All this buzz about Brock Osweiler. Peyton Manning is taking his gloves off.

In his previous three years with the Broncos, Manning has mostly worn a glove on his right throwing hand to help him with the grip he partially lost with all those neck surgeries in 2011.

Hey, Tom Brady takes air out of the football . Manning legally wears a glove.

Seemingly overlooked is Manning has not been wearing a throwing glove during training camp. And he probably won't in the preseason game Saturday at Houston.

Yes, it's warm in Denver during training camp and insufferably hot in Houston half the year. But Manning wore a glove on his throwing hand during the offseason practices in June.

It's also worth noting that since he shed the glove, Manning at 39 has been throwing tight spirals on deep passes like he never did when he was 36, 37 and 38. He threw another deep beauty Monday to Andre "Bubba" Caldwell.

"He's been strong," said running back Montee Ball. "His balls have nice velocity. He looks healthy."

Has the nerve running from his neck to his right hand fully regenerated? Manning said that's not the case. He will still need the glove in cold weather.

He warmed up while wearing the glove on his right hand prior to the preseason game Friday in Seattle, where it was raining until game time.

Manning didn't play in that game. Osweiler did. And played well, completing 15 of 20 passes for 151 yards, including a 17-yard touchdown to Virgil Green to finish off a 2-minute drive near the end of the first half.

But Manning was back with the first team Monday and he's expected to play two to four series in the second preseason game Saturday in Houston.

So what's with the tight spirals on the deep passes?

"You mean after 18 years I've finally figured out how to throw it?" he said in his self-deprecating humor.
http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nf...iler/31883881/
[Reply]
BossChief 08:11 PM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Von going ham this year...
A few of us had a conversation about this a few months back, I think there is a good chance 3 or more guys break Strahans mark this year.

Von
JJ
Houston

Lots of opportunities for big games throughout the season for all three.

I could see Von getting 25
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:17 PM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I don't know... maybe you would need to start each post with a haiku about Jake Plummer or something.

Hah. Jake the Snake.

What's the bet?
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:18 PM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by BossChief:
A few of us had a conversation about this a few months back, I think there is a good chance 3 or more guys break Strahans mark this year.

Von
JJ
Houston

Lots of opportunities for big games throughout the season for all three.

I could see Von getting 25
They all have the ability to. It'd be funny if all three did.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:18 PM 08-17-2015
And Peyton throws the ball fine....until December.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:26 PM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by :
A: Masterful
B: Strong
C: Acceptable
D: Marginal
F: Unacceptable

Denver Broncos: Brock Osweiler, QB

GRADE: A-

Strengths: Osweiler is an efficient passer with a good feel for coach Gary Kubiak's play-action passing game. The fourth-year pro delivered the ball on point and on target following strong run fakes; his overall efficiency allowed the Broncos to stay on schedule against a swarming Seahawks' defense on Friday. Most importantly, Osweiler (15 of 20 for 151 yards and a touchdown) showed impressive grit and toughness delivering accurate throws with rushers in close proximity.

Weaknesses: It's hard to knock Osweiler for his performance against Seattle. He patiently worked the underneath areas of coverage and showed the ability to get to his second or third read in the progression. Given the challenge Seattle's defense presents, the performance was quite impressive.

What he needs to work on: Osweiler simply needs more reps to increase his confidence as a potential starting quarterback. If he continues to stay within his boundaries, he can solidify his standing as the Broncos' quarterback of the future.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...iota-struggles

:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:30 PM 08-17-2015
"Given the challenge Seattle's defense presents"

:-) Their best defender didn't even play. I'm not even sure about guys like Earl Thomas and Chancellor. I know they've been banged up all offseason.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:33 PM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
And Peyton throws the ball fine....until December.
In 2013, Peyton had more TD passes in December than he did in any other month, he also had three games where he passed for over 400 yards. He then went on to throw for 400 yards in the AFC Championship Game that year.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:34 PM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
"Given the challenge Seattle's defense presents"

:-) Their best defender didn't even play. I'm not even sure about guys like Earl Thomas and Chancellor. I know they've been banged up all offseason.
None of them played, but neither did DT, Emmanuel Sanders or Owen Daniels.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:34 PM 08-17-2015
Then he met a "not-very-complicated defense" and had his worst offensive performance this decade
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:35 PM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
None of them played, but neither did DT, Emmanuel Sanders or Owen Daniels.

Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas>>>>>>>> Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Owen Daniels.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:37 PM 08-17-2015
DT is dead and buried moron
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:39 PM 08-17-2015
He took the glove off because he has been ass this off-season. He's done and Assweiler is a joke of a QB.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 4836
« First < 29697576777879 80818283891291795791079 > Last »
Up