ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 29
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Bwana 10:09 AM 02-14-2024
As long as they bring along the George Brett statue, so the ass kicking can continue, it's all good!

[Reply]
srvy 12:39 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bwana:
As long as they bring along the George Brett statue, so the ass kicking can continue, it's all good!

The may need to bulldoze this one under.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:27 AM 02-14-2024
The greatest scam ever run on KC if this happens. Voters need to say no. But Voters in KC have never demonstrated they think.

The decline of the cities is irreversible
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:31 AM 02-14-2024
it's a pipe dream for sure but as someone who wants KC to move away from a car centric city, I'm hopeful that the downtown stadium can catalyze much needed public transit infrastructure. One good sign though is that KC recently eliminated their parking minimums (KC is 1/3 parking lots lol), so hopefully this will facilitate getting rid of some of the parking lots and turning them into things people will actually use.

It's very unlikely to happen but I'd love to see the trolley trail get turned into an actual trolley route. Build an east west route and KC will slowly become the envy of even european cities.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:32 AM 02-14-2024
When San Diego decided to build Petco Park in downtown people had the same concerns some of you are complaining about.

However, the stadium did wonders to revitalize an aged, ugly portion of downtown San Diego and that area has thrived since. We have public transportation (trolley) as well as a number of parking lots/structures that help alleviate the congestion issue. Also helps that there's multiple freeway entrances near by.
[Reply]
Katipan 10:43 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
When San Diego decided to build Petco Park in downtown people had the same concerns some of you are complaining about.

However, the stadium did wonders to revitalize an aged, ugly portion of downtown San Diego and that area has thrived since. We have public transportation (trolley) as well as a number of parking lots/structures that help alleviate the congestion issue. Also helps that there's multiple freeway entrances near by.
I already said that.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:45 AM 02-14-2024

It's not like that doesn't have value, but the majority of people in the metro don't live downtown and don't frequent these areas except occasionally, so these benefits may not move the needle for them.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:29 PM 02-14-2024

yep.

Anyone who's ever been afraid of a downtown park should visit Petco.

Easy in/easy out. unlimited food and drink options within walking distance.

It's perfect.

And c'mon man....."but I tailgate at baseball games....". Really?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:54 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
yep.

Anyone who's ever been afraid of a downtown park should visit Petco.

Easy in/easy out. unlimited food and drink options within walking distance.

It's perfect.

And c'mon man....."but I tailgate at baseball games....". Really?
Cool, except this isn't an ugly unused area. It's a thriving bunch of locally owned businesses that all built the cultural heart of the city together without any outside interference.

There are ugly unused areas. Put it there and I wouldn't squawk
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:50 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Cool, except this isn't an ugly unused area. It's a thriving bunch of locally owned businesses that all built the cultural heart of the city together without any outside interference.

There are ugly unused areas. Put it there and I wouldn't squawk
Petco wasnt an ugly/unused area.

Businesses around there (small to large) hit the jackpot.

Businesses will always come and go, but having a stadium right next door would not be near the top of the list of reasons for a business failing.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:33 AM 02-14-2024
I want to know what the Chiefs get? Heated seats?
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:44 AM 02-14-2024

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:53 AM 02-14-2024
I live pretty much the same distance from Kansas City and St. Louis. KC is like 20 miles closer or so not that big of a deal. When I go to a Royals or Chiefs game, I drive up and come home. But if I go to a Cardinals game, I get a hotel and turn a one day trip into two.
[Reply]
DCTwister 11:11 AM 02-14-2024
Guys I've lived in the DC area for the better part of 30 years. I am excited for KC. The downtown parks in DC and Baltimore (not to mention other cities to visit like Boston, San Francisco, NOT Oakland, etc.) are really just great venues that breathe new life into the city. A downtown ballpark is great. For Chiefs games the tailgating is great, but for baseball who TF wants to hang around at the Truman complex? There is nothing else to do. Downtown baseball is the best. Can't wait to come visit.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:16 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
Guys I've lived in the DC area for the better part of 30 years. I am excited for KC. The downtown parks in DC and Baltimore (not to mention other cities to visit like Boston, San Francisco, NOT Oakland, etc.) are really just great venues that breathe new life into the city. A downtown ballpark is great. For Chiefs games the tailgating is great, but for baseball who TF wants to hang around at the Truman complex? There is nothing else to do. Downtown baseball is the best. Can't wait to come visit.
Lots and lots of people like to tailgate for Royals games, it's generally the same group of people who attend Chiefs games.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 29
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up