ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 334 of 3903
« First < 234284324330331332333334 3353363373383443844348341334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:59 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Airlines want $50 billion in bailout money, to start with. Most airlines in the world are expecting to be bankrupt by May 2020.

How are we suppose to bail out every industry and ourselfs when this is all over?
That seems awfully fast.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:00 PM 03-16-2020
Airlines want $50 billion in bailout money, to start with. Most airlines in the world are expecting to be bankrupt by May 2020.

How are we suppose to bail out every industry and ourselfs when this is all over?
I'm memeing here but "lol fed money printer goes brrrr"
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:00 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Thanks Billay it means a lot to me.

Being an extremely healthy person under 50, I should be fine if I do.

Me getting the virus wont change the fact you are a ****ing moron though.
Says the guy who said it was just the flu and a liberal conspiracy theory lol
[Reply]
Spott 04:00 PM 03-16-2020
You are wasting your time talking to that idiot.

Its like trying to say China is just like the US, or Japan, or Italy.

Vastly different countries with vastly different population concentrations and all of them have taken different measure at different times.
I was just over there last summer. It is a completely different culture than here or anywhere else I’ve been. It doesn’t matter if it’s crowded or not. They literally get right up on you all the time. Also the rudest bunch of assholes I’ve ever met in my life.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The critical rate in the US right and has been <1%. Now that is separate from the mortality rate as it only includes active cases, obviously.
Statistically it's spent most of this at zero, to be completely fair.

But yeah, it's been low. And man that's been huge because it's built such a nice buffer. And I hope beyond hope that it remains low and that people focus on THAT instead of the overall numbers.

That's why I made my little 'revs vs. speedometer' quip that I thought was clever and nobody else seemingly did.

Look - mash the gas pedal and you'll get to 55 before the engine blows. But hey, keep working your way through the tree and you'll keep those revs down while the speedometer climbs. And yeah folks - this speedometer is gonna climb. Probably quickly. But the critical case rate is our transmission here guys. If we can just keep that thing manageable. Even as the raw numbers increase, they'll increase cases and probably worsen outcomes, but so long as THAT rate doesn't explode, we can respond to it. We have an army of traveling nurses in this country. We have an...Army. We have an infrastructure and technology base that sure as shit seems suggest phenomenal surge capacity.

Fellas, we have manifest fucking destiny and the Louisiana purchase. We do have geography on our side and distance buys time. Loads of it. It should allow us to concentrate efforts and rally 'reserve troops' to areas of greater need as they arrive.

Yeah, I know its hopeful and I know it may just be pie in the sky horseshit from someone who's been a bit of a lifelong flag-waiver. But dammit I refuse to believe we can't deal with this and deal with it well. This country doesn't back down from fights and we never understand just how exceptional we are until we have to prove it. Here's hoping that well isn't dry...
[Reply]
petegz28 04:01 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Why can South Korea do it but we can't? https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-fast-and-free
SK is the size of CA and has a pop of 51 million. We are a touch bigger and more spread out than they are. Just saying.......
[Reply]
Donger 04:01 PM 03-16-2020
Could you guys please keep the DC-originated animosity out of here?
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:02 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So you want to swab and ct scan everyone?
If that's what it takes. Let's start with taking temps whenever you enter a building. That seems crazy now but is it? The layers of testing are important. You don't CT scan everyone, only the ones who have gone through layers of scanning and qualify for it. But also having mobile CT scans would be a great thing to develop. If only for a future situation.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:03 PM 03-16-2020
That seems awfully fast.
they had some airline spokesman on TV talking about the $50 billion they are going to request this week from Congress and or the President? Not sure who they request it from but I know who’s going to get the bill.

Could be just a scare tactic to cough up the money?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:03 PM 03-16-2020

[Reply]
Donger 04:04 PM 03-16-2020
they had some airline spokesman on TV talking about the $50 billion they are going to request this week. Could be just a scare tactic to cough up the money?
Let's see them justify it. Many have already grounded 20% of their fleet or more.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:04 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I was just over there last summer. It is a completely different culture than here or anywhere else I’ve been. It doesn’t matter if it’s crowded or not. They literally get right up on you all the time. Also the rudest bunch of assholes I’ve ever met in my life.
The bars in Westport were asshole to elbow this past weekend. The office complex I work in of 4k people arent spread out 6 feet a part. This thing is going to spread in this country.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 04:04 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
This
[Reply]
stumppy 04:04 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Good idea!
[Reply]
oaklandhater 04:06 PM 03-16-2020

Clearwater Beach, Florida is PACKED today despite "social distancing" recommendations. https://t.co/WzGydcP1Ja pic.twitter.com/vsRD4QLbhr

— WFLA NEWS (@WFLA) March 16, 2020

we really need a federal lockdown...
[Reply]
Page 334 of 3903
« First < 234284324330331332333334 3353363373383443844348341334 > Last »
Up