ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 523 of 791
« First < 23423473513519520521522523 524525526527533573623 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Mecca 11:04 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You guys better better brace for a DL in the first rd bc we all know that’s what it’s gonna be.
Bah if they miss out on a guy like Adderley I'm gonna be annoyed.
[Reply]
farmerchief 11:05 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
In reality if you could sign Darby and flip a pick for Waynes you've basically secured your CB position with young ascending CB's...drop your 1st on Adderly and this secondary looks like it should be good...

After that you focus on that front 7 and bam solid defense.
Adding Adderly, Thornhill, Savage, or even Mike Bell would give you a lot of versatility at the safety position. I think each of those could play either safety position, from what Ive been reading.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 11:05 AM 03-14-2019
You guys better better brace for a DL in the first rd bc we all know that’s what it’s gonna be.
As long as we sign Darby, I’m hoping we attack the front 7 on draft day. That’s where the strength of this class lies.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 03-14-2019
Sure does look that way.

If I could be confident that Tillery would make it to the 2nd, I'd be damn tempted to let it roll there and snap him up then. Tillery would be a nice SDE for us.

Man, if Clelin Ferrell somehow fell to us in the 1st and Tillery in the 2nd, you could absolutely justify taking both of them. You put Farrell as the Leo and Tillery as the SDE with Jones/Nnadi in the middle and you've got the ability to wreck some shit.

It'll take awhile; the learning curve for DE's is steeper than folks want to recognize, but when they're at full throat, that could be a savage front.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:07 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
As long as we sign Darby, I’m hoping we attack the front 7 on draft day. That’s where the strength of this class lies.
I'm a believer in having high level talent across the secondary especially safety in todays game, the best QB's get rid of the ball to fast for the line to be a big deal so you have to have the cover guys.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:07 AM 03-14-2019
The problem with your Tillery idea, DJ, is they like Speaks. He’s the 5T.
[Reply]
O.city 11:08 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure does look that way.

If I could be confident that Tillery would make it to the 2nd, I'd be damn tempted to let it roll there and snap him up then. Tillery would be a nice SDE for us.

Man, if Clelin Ferrell somehow fell to us in the 1st and Tillery in the 2nd, you could absolutely justify taking both of them. You put Farrell as the Leo and Tillery as the SDE with Jones/Nnadi in the middle and you've got the ability to wreck some shit.

It'll take awhile; the learning curve for DE's is steeper than folks want to recognize, but when they're at full throat, that could be a savage front.
I'm wondering with them seemingly going all defense in FA so far, if that first rounder shapes out to be an offensive player?

I mean, if one of those tight ends is there, you'd probably have to do that right?
[Reply]
O.city 11:09 AM 03-14-2019
So why couldn't the Chiefs give one of their seconds this year and next for Clowney or Lawrence and extend them and still have money for Jones?

Couldn't you stagger it around and make it work?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The problem with your Tillery idea, DJ, is they like Speaks. He’s the 5T.
Yeah, but you see....they're wrong.

Speaks sucks.

Tillery would punt that fucking tub to the bench in heartbeat. Besides, they could still rotate him in when they slide Tillery alongside Jones on passing downs.

A nickel front of Speaks, Tillery, Jones, Ferrell.....I mean even SPEAKS can't ruin that.

(I have an irrational disdain for Speaks and K-Pass, my apologies. K-Pass should've been Kamara and Speaks should've been someone that isn't a fat tweener).
[Reply]
farmerchief 11:10 AM 03-14-2019
I think they can go IDL,Safety, Corner, and Edge, with first four picks and come up with quality in each of those picks. Even adding more DL picks later on are feasible. Its only when I try and slip in a TE or LB early in Mock drafts, that I end up missing out on Safety or CB quality help, IMO.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:11 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Binkley says this Darby deal is close...

[Reply]
loochy 11:11 AM 03-14-2019
Just remember that Berry played great after his ACL tear. Charles played great after his first ACL tear. I don't think a single ACL tear is that big of a deal.

Justin Houston's....well that was botched all to hell and probably would have been fine if they would have fixed it right the first time.
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM 03-14-2019
Is Speaks even a tweener though? I think he's just not good and was taken about 2 rounds to early.

Hope i'm wrong.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:13 AM 03-14-2019
I guess the Twitter Tards have taken a vacation day, today.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:13 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm wondering with them seemingly going all defense in FA so far, if that first rounder shapes out to be an offensive player?

I mean, if one of those tight ends is there, you'd probably have to do that right?
Who you talking to? I've been hyping Hock since before it was cool. I've almost talked myself into Cody Ford, FFS (I love me some Cody Ford).

As for Fant and Smith, I just don't think so. I love both guys as stand-alone TE1s and for awhile had convinced myself that I'd be cool with either of them as the TE2, but I'm just not sure they do enough in-line to be used effectively in 12 personnel.

I mean if you get the Jags on the line about that Kelce/Ramsey deal and Fant is sitting there, I'd listen.

I'm not even a little bit married to the idea of 'defense no matter what' in the 1st. I believe I said it to you a few weeks ago - over a 2 year timeline, EVERY position is a position of need. So don't draft for immediate need because few rookies provide that anyway.

But if Ferrell were there, you'd have need + opportunity. He'd be a monster in this system, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 523 of 791
« First < 23423473513519520521522523 524525526527533573623 > Last »
Up