ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Funny true life stories.
DenverChief 09:22 PM 02-08-2019
So yesterday I'm at the DMV getting new plates and some other miscellaneous vehicle registration stuff done. I'm in full uniform as I just got off duty and the DMV was on my way home. Everything went well the lady who helped me was pleasant and my trip in was fairly swift compared to the average trip to the DMV.

I get up to leave and make my way towards the exit when an older male, possibly late 50s to early 60s in an electric wheelchair is coming towards me into the county office area. As we get closer we have the following exchange:

Wheelchair guy: "Excuse me officer, can you tell me where I go to register my vehicle?"

Me: "yeah, straight ahead through the wooden double doors."

Wheelchair guy: "I'M BLIND!"

I Almost fell over right there. Somewhere between stunned and and laughing my ass off at the response. Fortunately a county worker standing close to the door summoned him in the direction he needed to go without having to have any further exchange. I turned around and walked out wondering wtf just happened.

It has been a long while since I have been surprised by someone, but this guy got me.

Anyone have any funny stories work related or not to share?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:29 PM 02-08-2019
We lost the coin toss!

LOL
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:32 PM 02-08-2019
If he was blind, how did he know you were an officer? I think he was lying.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:34 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If he was blind, how did he know you were an officer? I think he was lying.
:-). Or there to register a vehicle... I think old people get a kick out of messing with us younger folk.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:12 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
:-). Or there to register a vehicle... I think old people get a kick out of messing with us younger folk.
Should have arrested him for lying to a police officer. Go through the whole process of booking him and then just let him go. Bet he'd get a kick out of it.
[Reply]
DenverChief 03:23 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Should have arrested him for lying to a police officer. Go through the whole process of booking him and then just let him go. Bet he'd get a kick out of it.
I may be an asshole but I'm not a son of a bitch. C'mon man
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:35 AM 02-09-2019
My job is work related entertainment cant make this shit up :-)

Stories I've got stories.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:47 AM 02-09-2019
DenverChief is full of shit. It is impossible to have a pleasant experience at the DMV.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:36 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
DenverChief is full of shit. It is impossible to have a pleasant experience at the DMV.
They have a program here where you can send in a check and get your new tags through the mail and don't have to deal with the hell that is DMV lines. The exception is, if you get a different vehicle or you have had your plates for 5 years.

The 2nd one is a complete scam job. They claim after 5 years, the plate loses its reflectivity.,so you have to come and buy new ones. :-) Yeah, bullshit, it is obviously a revenue generating tool.
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:44 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I may be an asshole but I'm not a son of a bitch. C'mon man
Just do what most Cops would do in that situation: pull out your nightstick and give him a beat down....:-)
[Reply]
Renegade 07:50 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Just do what most Cops would do in that situation: pull out your nightstick and give him a beat down....:-)
I thought he lived in Denver, not St. Louis
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:58 AM 02-09-2019
I went to the DMV on election day. Asked to have a ballot. Lady about fell off her chair.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:05 AM 02-09-2019
I once took my new ZX6R to the dealer for a quick chain adjustment. Guy tells me it’s ready to go and outside . I glance outside and I see it and a shop guy/mechanic kneeled over doing something. I thank the guy at the counter and proceed to my bike,

I get to my bike, and exchange some pleasantries with the mechanic guy, still crouched down at chain level of the bike. He was focuses, and we chatted back and forth while his face remained buried in his work. I inquire about how did he ensure the wheel was properly aligned with the front wheel, and chain etc.

No shit, hands still working as if he were milking a cow, and says “ah, it’s not too difficult.....” , the whips his head around “ You just eyeball it”

Then I noticed it.....this dude was cross eyed like a motherfucker. Like Steve Buschemi in Mr Deeds.
like Dr Evil, I bit my lip and tried not to laugh. I’m not sure if this dude was serious, or just having some fun with me.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 08:24 AM 02-09-2019
At Costco about a year ago on a jam-packed Sunday afternoon, cart to cart in the aisles. My wife typically leaves the cart with me to get products and sometimes yells questions back at me as I navigate the cart through traffic. This one time she is behind me a ways in the aisle and yells, "Should I get a case of black beans?"

I barely heard her and turned around pissed off and yell back, "Black what?"...as I stare into the beady eyes of a middle aged African American woman. Those were three awkward seconds where she was offended for no damn reason.
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:33 AM 02-09-2019
Speaking of officers this true life story will be my best ever.

So this officer takes my flask and drink today
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up