ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 40
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 02-08-2019

Source: the Chiefs are expected to hire University of Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House as their linebackers coach.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 8, 2019

Holy shit. I actually thought we should just straight up hire this guy as DC. He was on my list of top 3 candidates. We got him as LB coach?

Fucking homerun hire if it comes to pass
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:16 PM 02-08-2019
While I don't know anything about Kentucky football, if the reactions from those who do, combined with other posted info mean anything... there is great reason for optimism with this dude

A fresh, innovative young mind from the collegiate ranks with a reputation as a spread offense killer, as well as top shelf talent developer... what's not to like?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:18 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
While I don't know anything about Kentucky football, if the reactions from those who do, combined with other posted info mean anything... there is great reason for optimism with this dude

A fresh, innovative young mind from the collegiate ranks with a reputation as a spread offense killer... what's not to like?
Kentucky is a basketball school. That's why you don't know anything about them. :-)

And that's actually the point. Kentucky was super competitive in the SEC this year, in large part because their defense only allowed 17ppg.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02-08-2019, 04:22 PM
This message has been deleted by Easy 6.
MVChiefFan 04:24 PM 02-08-2019
Guys, IT’S HAPPENING!!!
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:25 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kentucky is a basketball school. That's why you don't know anything about them. :-)

And that's actually the point. Kentucky was super competitive in the SEC this year, in large part because their defense only allowed 17ppg.
Right, was definitely aware that school is much better known for b-ball, but didn't know they did great against SEC competition... if he had that D playing tough against superior teams, then I'm sold sight unseen

Please whip these backers into shape for us, Mr House
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:26 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Chiefs' defense only allows 17 ppg next year and there'll be some new big boy trophies on display at Arrowhead.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:26 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Right, was definitely aware that school is much better known for b-ball, but didn't know they did great against SEC competiti
Yeah, I was just messing around.

Mark Stoops of the Football Stoops' took over as HC a few years ago, went through a few losing seasons and they've now been to a bowl game 3 years in a row.

They went 10-3 this past season, playing in the SEC East, and had one of the best defenses in college football.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:30 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Would love to see a defense where a 4 yard gain isn't a success
I would love to see a defense where they can get off the field when Brady has 3rd and 7.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:35 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'd hire Picasso before I'd hire Cy Twombly, though.
Point taken.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
crispystl 04:36 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
so keeping bob sutton was like hiring steven hawkings to paint my kitchen?
Like hiring Hawkins to do it last week maybe....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:04 PM 02-08-2019
Holy shit.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:09 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That is fucking awesome I wanted him to be our DC
there is no way he came here to coach linebackers. He has to be the DC in waiting when Spags moves on in 2 years. With his reputation, I’m fucking elated.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:14 PM 02-08-2019

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:16 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
So he'll be pushing for us to go get this guy now:

he will be gone long before we pick. Even if we give up the 2nd and our 1st to move up.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:39 PM 02-08-2019
House must’ve got some guarantee saying he will be the next DC
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:20 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Love these early hires by Spags.

Super Bowl 54, we’re comin’ in hot.
You got that right. It'll be hard because of the cap but we'll make do and get it done. And after that, we're FINALLY going to find out what it's like to have a franchise QB AND a face-melting defense.

Don't retire, Tom. The privilege of showing you to the door belongs to US.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 40
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up