ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 40
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 02-08-2019

Source: the Chiefs are expected to hire University of Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House as their linebackers coach.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 8, 2019

Holy shit. I actually thought we should just straight up hire this guy as DC. He was on my list of top 3 candidates. We got him as LB coach?

Fucking homerun hire if it comes to pass
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:35 AM 02-08-2019
Wow.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:36 AM 02-08-2019
Wow. That is impressive.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:36 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Holy shit. I actually thought we should just straight up hire this guy as DC. He was on my list of top 3 candidates. We got him as LB coach?

Fucking homerun hire if it comes to pass
DC in waiting? Maybe Spags told Reid he wasn't interested in being DC for 5+ years?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:41 AM 02-08-2019
Huh. Why would he come here? Maybe he hates recruiting.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:41 AM 02-08-2019
But Mike Smith!!!!!
[Reply]
bowener 09:43 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
DC in waiting? Maybe Spags told Reid he wasn't interested in being DC for 5+ years?
I doubt anyone expects Spags to stay more than two seasons, and I expect Andy hired him because they both need each other and they both know that Spags will get another shot at a HC job if he can help get the Chiefs a Super Bowl ring. House has put himself in the perfect place. Andy is apparently a king maker and helps his staff go out and flourish. House will be the next DC up after Spags leaves. House will be a DC for a few seasons before he may go try and be a HC as well, or he may flame out and suck as a DC, but he will have learned. This is a perfect marriage.

edit: Fuck. I'm stoked for this guy to coach Jones (and everybody else).
[Reply]
Danguardace 09:43 AM 02-08-2019
Would love to see a defense where a 4 yard gain isn't a success
[Reply]
In58men 09:45 AM 02-08-2019
Fans were butthurt over Spags.

Now look at ya :-)
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 09:45 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
I doubt anyone expects Spags to stay more than two seasons, and I expect Andy hired him because they both need each other and they both know that Spags will get another shot at a HC job if he can help get the Chiefs a Super Bowl ring. House has put himself in the perfect place. Andy is apparently a king maker and helps his staff go out and flourish. House will be the next DC up after Spags leaves. House will be a DC for a few seasons before he may go try and be a HC as well, or he may flame out and suck as a DC, but he will have learned. This is a perfect marriage.

edit: ****. I'm stoked for this guy to coach Jones (and everybody else).
Yep. This crossed my mind as well, and it is a great situation for both the Chiefs and House.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:55 AM 02-08-2019
I'm worried this can cause some confusion with some of our younger players. If they get an interception and they know to take it to the House, where do they go? Sidelines?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:56 AM 02-08-2019
Great hire. First he reached out to Pierce another college coach. I'm wondering if he's trying to get coaches who are familiar with the spread game since thats what the NFL has started to become. Great hire.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:58 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I'm worried this can cause some confusion with some of our younger players. If they get an interception and they know to take it to the House, where do they go? Sidelines?
id only be worried about dee ford doing that
[Reply]
RunKC 10:03 AM 02-08-2019
This guy helped mold Aaron Donald and lead a lower level, less talented CFB team to play good defense in a spread league?

My god.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 10:03 AM 02-08-2019
That is fucking awesome I wanted him to be our DC
[Reply]
Hoover 10:04 AM 02-08-2019
shocked. impressed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 40
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up