ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 40
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 02-08-2019

Source: the Chiefs are expected to hire University of Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House as their linebackers coach.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 8, 2019

Holy shit. I actually thought we should just straight up hire this guy as DC. He was on my list of top 3 candidates. We got him as LB coach?

Fucking homerun hire if it comes to pass
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:29 AM 02-11-2019
Teams in the National Football League are not required to release salary information for coaching staffs and generally choose not to. However, "Forbes" reported in 2011 that the highest paid head coach earned $7 million per year with the average NFL head coach salary coming in at around $3 million per year. Assistants such as linebacker coaches would be expected to earn in the high six-figure range to over $1 million depending on tenure and previous accomplishments.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:32 AM 02-11-2019
In other words, peanuts. So let's buy this school out and get our man.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:34 AM 02-11-2019
Based on the information I just posted, matching his salary plus paying the buyout shouldn't be extremely high after all. I never realized that LB coaches were that highly paid. But, now that I think about it, some highly touted DC's have coached linebackers to re-establish themselves after losing their jobs. Heck, Gunther coached linebackers after being a head coach.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:55 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Based on the information I just posted, matching his salary plus paying the buyout shouldn't be extremely high after all. I never realized that LB coaches were that highly paid. But, now that I think about it, some highly touted DC's have coached linebackers to re-establish themselves after losing their jobs. Heck, Gunther coached linebackers after being a head coach.
Maybe I'm giving Clark the benefit of the doubt, but I doubt it's because we're being cheap. I get reasons beyond money to say no to a buyout. Nfl teams have to be a little careful pissing off college programs. And a lot of this drama isn't worth it for a LBs coach.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:14 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe I'm giving Clark the benefit of the doubt, but I doubt it's because we're being cheap. I get reasons beyond money to say no to a buyout. Nfl teams have to be a little careful pissing off college programs. And a lot of this drama isn't worth it for a LBs coach.
I’d argue that the LB coach hire is nearly as important as the DC hire.

Hitchens is getting paid a lot and needs to be coached up to realize the potential showed in Dallas.
DOD is raw and needs developed, but has high end potential
We will be drafting LBers for the 4-3 that need good coaching for today’s nfl.

This is a very important hire.

House would be a big time hire that would be worth paying big time money to hire.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:37 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Hitchens is getting paid a lot and needs to be coached up to realize the potential showed in Dallas.

House would be a big time hire that would be worth paying big time money to hire.
It would be huge for us. I'm bummed about it. I just wonder how much money is the issue. I can't see $150k being an issue for Clark. I wonder if the Chiefs are more worried about pissing people off than they are money.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:59 AM 02-11-2019
Good God UK fans are spinning the hell out of this as if kc got used or were too cheap.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:01 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:

I agree. LB has been a deficient position for us in both the run game and short pass and if they plan on keeping Ford, I want the best coach back there that money can buy. Besides, they wouldn't have approached House if they didn't feel that he fit that bill to a "T".

Spend the money, raise the hell, and roll the heads to get the very best candidate(s) you can for this team because the time is NOW.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:05 AM 02-11-2019
It would be huge for us. I'm bummed about it. I just wonder how much money is the issue. I can't see $150k being an issue for Clark. I wonder if the Chiefs are more worried about pissing people off than they are money.
We would be "pissing off" one institution; Kentucky. And even then, everyone already knows that House wanted to be in KC with his former coaching associate, and that UK put the cock-block on him.

We would lose absolutely no collegiate relationships over this except for Mark Stoops, and who gives a flying fuck about THAT?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:27 AM 02-11-2019
Good God UK fans are spinning the hell out of this as if kc got used or were too cheap.
Basketball schools... :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:32 AM 02-11-2019
Twitter seems to be buzzing a little more that the Chiefs will find a way to make this happen.
[Reply]
In58men 10:35 AM 02-11-2019
Twitter seems to be buzzing a little more that the Chiefs will find a way to make this happen.
I don’t see anything
[Reply]
staylor26 10:38 AM 02-11-2019
I wouldn’t get my hopes up.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 10:57 AM 02-11-2019
Just tell Stoops that Andy is on his way to Lexington, KY now and he won't leave the buffet until they release House from his contract. House will be a Chiefs coach within 24 hours!
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 12:06 PM 02-11-2019
House looked like post-Spags future D-coord type hire.

So does Brendan Daly.

Wonder if the hiring of Daly has as much to do with House not coming as the contract situation.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 40
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up