ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 40
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 02-08-2019

Source: the Chiefs are expected to hire University of Kentucky defensive coordinator Matt House as their linebackers coach.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 8, 2019

Holy shit. I actually thought we should just straight up hire this guy as DC. He was on my list of top 3 candidates. We got him as LB coach?

Fucking homerun hire if it comes to pass
[Reply]
chiefforlife 05:22 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Here's an article I found on assistant salaries. Fwiw

Recent trends have boosted prospects for assistant coaches, who traditionally earned far less than their higher-profile bosses. Once confined to the $200,000 range, between 20 and 25 assistants now earn seven-figure salaries, The Los Angeles Times reported in January 2005. Wide variations still persist, however. Assistant coaches earned the highest average salary in Dallas, whose organization paid $301,710, The Jacksonville Florida Times-Union reported. The Washington Redskins had the highest budget, with $5.22 million for their 20 assistants. By contrast, Jacksonville Jaguar's 17 assistants averaged just $194,782.
That was 14 years ago. I doubt its still relevant. Im sure the numbers are much higher now.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 05:58 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I gotta agree with this. I don't know what LB coaches receive in the NFL, But what he's making a a DC plus the buyout seems kinda high to match.
If the defense is rock solid, and we're in the AFC Championship/Super Bowl for the next few years, Clark will make that money back easily without breaking a sweat.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:58 PM 02-10-2019
I doubt it’s happening. Hope they have a good alternative
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
His contract could easily say he can't resign to take another job...
yep, national guys on Twitter are saying he can’t just resign and go work for someone else.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:10 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
How can Clark make any $$ without that $150K????
I think they are getting $1 million these days to coach in the NFL. Another $150K to get talent for a Super Bowl run doesnt seem like a time to go cheap. Especially when it doesn’t count against the cap.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:18 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
I doubt it’s happening. Hope they have a good alternative
DJ
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:44 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
What hire ??

Glory Dayz is easily impressed...
Well I was hoping..

Oh well, they tried.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:54 PM 02-10-2019
hmm well this is somewhat disappointing.

any chance something changes soon?

oh yeah...fuck UK. Never get tired of saying that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:05 PM 02-10-2019
Sucks. But oh well. Plan b.

Matt Burke. Dolphins.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:26 AM 02-11-2019
Lots of UK people on Twitter acting claiming house used kc for a better offer. I mean... Cmon. So an up and coming coach would ruin his reputation with the NFL and piss off his mentor all so he could make a few more dollars? I think UK wouldn't let him leave and that is really not a good look for a program to not let your assistants advance their careers.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:58 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Lots of UK people on Twitter acting claiming house used kc for a better offer. I mean... Cmon. So an up and coming coach would ruin his reputation with the NFL and piss off his mentor all so he could make a few more dollars? I think UK wouldn't let him leave and that is really not a good look for a program to not let your assistants advance their careers.

He works for a douchebag named "Stoops", a family of well-known douchebags.

Surprised?
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:24 AM 02-11-2019
Mark Stoops installing a motivational message for his employee Matt House

[Reply]
mcaj22 07:08 AM 02-11-2019
House will leave for the NFL eventually so I am not sure what Kentucky is gaining by doing this block?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:15 AM 02-11-2019
Lots of UK people on Twitter acting claiming house used kc for a better offer. I mean... Cmon. So an up and coming coach would ruin his reputation with the NFL and piss off his mentor all so he could make a few more dollars?
Not a chance. Thats BS from fans knowing their team fucked this up royally. Every reputable national sports writer is saying he wanted to leave and was blocked by Kentucky.
I think UK wouldn't let him leave and that is really not a good look for a program to not let your assistants advance their careers.
Blocking your coaching talent from a big promotion would seem to not be a big motivator. If I'm an up and comer coach, why would you go to Kentucky now?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:24 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
That was 14 years ago. I doubt its still relevant. Im sure the numbers are much higher now.
I didn't find a date for the article. It could be old, and probably is. But no way it's 14 years old. It references salaries paid in 2010. That's still pretty old though.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 40
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up