ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 33
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official AAF Discussion Thread***
11Chiefs 09:40 AM 02-07-2019
The first games of the Alliance of American Football (AAF) are this weekend. I haven't followed it and at this point I'm not that interested. However, a friend called me all excited. He said CBS will be carrying all the games... that seems interesting. I seen an NFL Network logo on the AAF website... that seems interesting.

What's your take? Is your DVR set? Why should I care?

https://aaf.com/schedule
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:12 AM 02-19-2019
It’s starting to become spring. Most folks are completely exhausted with football by March.

Maybe a mid summer league or start playing and roll your season into preseason with the NFL. So players can keep fan interest.

Cause right now it scheduling sucks big ass.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:12 AM 02-19-2019
AAF championship should be labor day night prime time game.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:25 AM 02-19-2019
While the attendance thing is problemmatic, I wonder what caused the need for the giant cash investment. You'd think they would have at least had costs largely covered for the first season as part of their initial plan. They can't have expected to be selling out 60k seats per game already, right?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:26 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
While the attendance thing is problemmatic, I wonder what caused the need for the giant cash investment. You'd think they would have at least had costs largely covered for the first season as part of their initial plan. They can't have expected to be selling out 60k seats per game already, right?

yeah, I mean when you can't even cover week 1 payroll WTF happened?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:27 AM 02-19-2019
I think the story is a bit misleading. Maybe i missed it, but there's nothing in there to support the notion that they almost missed pay day due to lack of funds, other than the authors opinion.

I'll re-read.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:28 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
AAF championship should be labor day night prime time game.
That’s optimistic.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:28 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think the story is a bit misleading. Maybe i missed it, but there's nothing in there to support the notion that they almost missed pay day due to lack of funds, other than the authors opinion.

I'll re-read.
Supposedly the piece in the Athletic gives detail as to why the 'canes owner stepped in.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:29 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I'll re-read.
from the MSN article

Originally Posted by :
Absent the nine-figure infusion, the AAF may have missed payroll last Friday.
And there were indeed payroll issues. An agent who represents multiple AAF players alerted PFT on Friday that some paychecks weren’t received. The AAF attributed the delay to an administrative glitch.

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:31 AM 02-19-2019
Yeah...look at the way this is worded:

Originally Posted by :
Absent the nine-figure infusion, the AAF may have missed payroll last Friday.

And there were indeed payroll issues. An agent who represents multiple AAF players alerted PFT on Friday that some paychecks weren’t received. The AAF attributed the delay to an administrative glitch.
There's nothing there that actually says the money was necessary to pay payroll. The author is drawing that conclusion based on the timing of the funds and this glitch that only a few experienced.

And IMO, it takes longer than a few days for someone to decided to give up $250+ Million, get the lawyers involved, draw up the legal documents, agree to this new position as Chairman etc. Sounds like something that was in the plans for awhile.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:31 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Supposedly the piece in the Athletic gives detail as to why the 'canes owner stepped in.
Ah ok.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:32 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
from the MSN article
Says SOME paychecks weren't received. Claims it was a glitch. Nothing about a lack of funds.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:32 AM 02-19-2019
I don't think selling 60k per game is going to happen either. People see NFL attendance and major college football and jump up and down about AAF attendance. It's right in line with the CFL, where the XFL was and MLS. It's minor league football, they never were claiming it to be other wise.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 02-19-2019
Cane's owner is the Top Golf guy. He wants the AAF's technology.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:44 PM 02-19-2019
FWIW, Ebersol disputes the Athletic article and says it was an investment - not a bailout.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...219-story.html
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:27 PM 02-19-2019
FWIW, Ebersol disputes the Athletic article and says it was an investment - not a bailout.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...219-story.html

I think he watched that San Antonio vs Orlando game & thought to himself that this looks good.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 33
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up