ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Selling a house
Bugeater 01:28 AM 02-07-2019
Is fucking maddening. It's nothing but a goddamn string of useless fucking people with their hands out wanting money.

Seller's agent: Try to get you to underprice your home for a quick, easy sale. Not good at keeping you informed.

Buyers agent: Sit around and wait for a buyer to find something they like online, and go unlock a fucking door for them.

Home inspectors: Biggest fucking sham ever. OH WE PROTECT THE BUYER. Yeah just the dumbass lazy buyers who aren't capable of walking around a house and spotting obvious defects on their own. Mostly a way to extort more money from the seller after a deal has been made.

And the closing costs...title fee escrow fee tax stamp blah blah blah what in the earthly fuck is all this shit?

$205,000 house....$25,000 just GONE off the top.

Hopefully I'll die in the next house we buy so I don't ever have to go through this shit again.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:15 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Sometimes if I'm bored, I go out to Realtor.com and pick a random city and look at houses for sale. It's fun.
Rain Man.
Forgot if I have shown this to you or not

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...2_M75870-37038
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:17 PM 02-07-2019
house tax
city sticker
rain tax

F that.

at least my city tells everyone the property taxes are higher so we do not have to assess for road improvement. Surprising for Minnesota.
[Reply]
Oxford 04:44 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Shit, forgot to rant about the ridiculous disclosure.

How many ceiling fans are in the house? Seriously? I have to answer that? We're to the point where we can't even expect a buyer to walk through a house and count the number of ****ing ceiling fans on their own?
Considered a real Estate auction? Never sold that way but I heard there are benefits.......
[Reply]
Oxford 04:50 PM 02-07-2019
We bought several years ago, paid a one time PMI, then when we got to 20% equity we asked out of it......... got a premium refund on the balance.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:09 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
my wife and I bought a house in October.
We started looking in April.
Looked at 90 houses
Offered on 8 houses
2 Accepted but walked from both due to inspection (major issues).
Finally got the one we're in and closed in late October.

it was, by far, one of the worst experiences of our lives. we would catch a house that came on the market and view it that day by 5pm; and when we'd show up, there would literally be cars lined up down the street to view it with agents. and once inside, you'd view it with probably 6 other people minimum. Then, if you did offer, there were already 8 offers submitted.

We offered on once house 5% over asking, and it eneded up selling/closing for 23% OVER asking price. and our offer was in the rough alingnment with what other homes were selling at / appraisal ballpark.

awful experience. If I never have to move/sell/buy again, it'll be too soon.
This sounds nearly identical to what I just went through, except it wasn't near 90 houses I looked at...at least 50 though.

Last spring when we were looking in the towns surrounding Springfield houses with 4 bedrooms or at least 3 bedrooms + an additional living area were selling the day they were listed from 5-15% over asking price. One house listed, I met my realtor two hours later to look at it, made an offer well above the asking price, then found out the house was already sold BEFORE they listed it. Apparently there's some rule in Greene County MO saying if a seller uses a realtor they have to list it even if they already have a buyer. Such a fucking waste of time.

I finally had to settle making an offer site unseen in Christian County and got a contract with my 3rd bid that ended up being 5% over asking price. It didn't actually end up being site unseen though, my realtor kind of "snuck me in" to look at it before I signed anything.

I dont know about now but 9 months ago in this area it was most definitely a seller's market. I was starting to feel like I was going to have to perform sexual favors for someone to let me buy their house.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:13 PM 02-07-2019
Did you ever run across mine? If so, did you like what I did to the place?
Did your place have a moat? Maybe I saw it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:13 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Rain Man.
Forgot if I have shown this to you or not

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...2_M75870-37038
I'd live there.
[Reply]
2112 05:45 PM 02-07-2019

That's funny. Everything you say about Pigsknuckle is how I view Cheyenne. Guess it's all perspective.
I guess I’ll have to figure out the logistics for Cheyenne aka pigsknuckle V2.0. Probably 2020. They got bears there in the summer? Be careful riding your bike lol
[Reply]
Bowser 06:02 PM 02-07-2019
Anything I can do to help out (outside of actually helping you pack and move, of course), just let me know!
[Reply]
lewdog 06:12 PM 02-07-2019
Get tough Cowboy!!!
[Reply]
Sernil 09:46 AM 02-08-2019
I get you 100%, had to go through the same sh*t several times in my life. Until I started to work remotely and didn't need to stay in US at all. Sold everything and bought properties in Greece through Tranio as it is much cheaper there, less taxes and headaches. No I rent one out and live in another one plus my work. More than enough for living and enjoying life.
[Reply]
Donger 10:09 AM 02-08-2019
I bought my present house on Zillow, Make Me Move. It was great.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:33 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
I guess I’ll have to figure out the logistics for Cheyenne aka pigsknuckle V2.0. Probably 2020. They got bears there in the summer? Be careful riding your bike lol
Cheyenne's in the open prairie part of the state. I assume the bears are elsewhere.

And the logistics of getting there are fly to Denver, rent a car, drive north for an hour and a half.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:01 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Sometimes if I'm bored, I go out to Realtor.com and pick a random city and look at houses for sale. It's fun.

Just got off the phone this morning with a friend that lives in Denver. Put his house on the market (wants out of that area ASAP) 3 weeks ago. Sold it in 5 days. Paid 187, 950 for a 3 bedroom, family room, etc house in the North Suburbs (North glenn) 7 years ago.

Just sold it for 341,000 to a couple from San Francisco.....go figure. :-)

He's off to Montana as soon as he closes.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:05 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Cheyenne's in the open prairie part of the state. I assume the bears are elsewhere.

And the logistics of getting there are fly to Denver, rent a car, drive north for an hour and a half.

I own a little land just North of Cheyenne - building a home for a "getaway". Not much in the form of "Bears" - head west to the mountains for those guys...but Coyotes are fairly rampant. But hell, I just had an encounter with a coyote about a week ago at Heritage Park, here in Olathe. But craziest damned thing - I also saw a bald Eagle there, around the same time....

They RARELY bother anyone, though.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up