ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Dane Brugler Mock 3.0 (Chiefs picks R1/R2)
pugsnotdrugs19 08:59 AM 02-05-2019
This mock is from Brugler at The Athletic. I like his analysis quite a bit, I’m just posting the Chiefs selections that he suggested.

Originally Posted by :
29. Kansas City Chiefs – Nasir Adderley, FS, Delaware
With cornerback feet and the required toughness at safety, Adderley projects as a starting free safety in the NFL, doing his best work from single-high. Not that it matters, but it doesn’t hurt that Chiefs general manager Brett Veach is a former Delaware Blue Hen as well.

61. Kansas City Chiefs – JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford
Adding Arcega-Whiteside with Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce might lock up a few more MVP awards for Patrick Mahomes.

63. Kansas City Chiefs (from Los Angeles Rams) – Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky
The Chiefs found an undrafted gem with Charvarius Ward, but more cornerback depth is needed, and Johnson has the size/length they covet.
Thoughts?
[Reply]
Mecca 03:24 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't like taking a dominant interior rusher and moving him outside, where his speed is questionable.

I'd much rather draft a Ferguson to play RDE and leave Jones inside, where he's closest to the QB.
Ok fine, use Nnadi as your rotation piece, Spags has a history of flipping and flopping and doing a ton of DL subs, so it'd work.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:25 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't like taking a dominant interior rusher and moving him outside, where his speed is questionable.

I'd much rather draft a Ferguson to play RDE and leave Jones inside, where he's closest to the QB.
This is for run downs
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:36 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is for run downs

there's no such thing anymore, really.

Look one of the problems with the run defense was that you could just run right at Dee Ford, he can't set the edge. He's a poor run defender. So, assuming that you tag and trade Ford and perhaps restructure Houston's deal, he'd be fine at RDE as he's a more physical player and given his knees, not having him with coverage responsibilities actually plays to his strengths at this point in his career. So IF you can get his cap to a decent number, he's a 3 down RDE no problem. Plus, he'd be next to Jones; and that means both will get 1 on 1 matchups damned near every play. Speaks and Kpass you can work with at LDE. Draft a Ferguson to learn, rotate, and you're in killer shape.

If you can't rework Houston's deal to be reasonable, you let him walk and sign a Chris Long type and draft a Ferguson and you're in killer shape.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up