ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Dane Brugler Mock 3.0 (Chiefs picks R1/R2)
pugsnotdrugs19 08:59 AM 02-05-2019
This mock is from Brugler at The Athletic. I like his analysis quite a bit, I’m just posting the Chiefs selections that he suggested.

Originally Posted by :
29. Kansas City Chiefs – Nasir Adderley, FS, Delaware
With cornerback feet and the required toughness at safety, Adderley projects as a starting free safety in the NFL, doing his best work from single-high. Not that it matters, but it doesn’t hurt that Chiefs general manager Brett Veach is a former Delaware Blue Hen as well.

61. Kansas City Chiefs – JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford
Adding Arcega-Whiteside with Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce might lock up a few more MVP awards for Patrick Mahomes.

63. Kansas City Chiefs (from Los Angeles Rams) – Lonnie Johnson, CB, Kentucky
The Chiefs found an undrafted gem with Charvarius Ward, but more cornerback depth is needed, and Johnson has the size/length they covet.
Thoughts?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:57 AM 02-05-2019
Screw receivers.

We need a starting Center and LG upgrade. If Jenkins or Risner fall in the 2nd you have to take one of them. 10-12 year starters.

Brady wins because he is protected.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The only way I could see that....is if you move Chris Jones to DE.
Speaks - Nnadi - Lawrence - Jones

That run D would be wayyyy better

Not much speed on the edges though lol
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:13 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Get Houston to take a pay cut or restructure his deal and put him at SLB.

Houston - Hitchens - DOD
[Reply]
Frosty 02:47 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs found an undrafted gem with Charvarius Ward, but more cornerback depth is needed, and Johnson has the size/length they covet.
What does this even mean? I keep seeing this in the media as well as on CP, meaning the Chiefs like tall CBs yet their draft history says otherwise. Nelson isn't even 5' 11", Gaines and Peters are both 6' as is Tremon Smith, even though he was drafted by a different GM.

Unless they are saying that Spags likes tall CBs. I haven't researched that but I heard the exact same thing about Dorsey and his draft history with the Chiefs says differently.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:19 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
What does this even mean? I keep seeing this in the media as well as on CP, meaning the Chiefs like tall CBs yet their draft history says otherwise. Nelson isn't even 5' 11", Gaines and Peters are both 6' as is Tremon Smith, even though he was drafted by a different GM.

Unless they are saying that Spags likes tall CBs. I haven't researched that but I heard the exact same thing about Dorsey and his draft history with the Chiefs says differently.
Maybe it's saying because we have short CBs we could use a tall one?
[Reply]
Frosty 03:49 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Maybe it's saying because we have short CBs we could use a tall one?
Maybe but I doubt it. I've been seeing the same meme since Reid got here.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:28 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Get Houston to take a pay cut or restructure his deal and put him at SLB.

Houston - Hitchens - DOD

Could be filthy.

Put Houston at DE in nickel and dime packages, move Jones/Speaks inside. Kick Nnadi/Lawrence to the sideline.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 04:35 PM 02-05-2019
Arcega-Whiteside is probably my least favorite of the big bodied receivers in the draft....especially with a second round pick.

If we're taking a WR in the second round it better be because Deebo Samuel somehow fell off the face of the earth on draft day.
[Reply]
farmerchief 04:53 PM 02-05-2019
I like the safety with the first pick, but Id rather have the best defensive player available with the 61st.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 04:59 PM 02-05-2019
I just went to The Athletic to read the entire mock.

If we pass on Deebo Samuel, especially if he ended up with the Pats, to take Arcega-Whiteside I'll be pretty disappointed. Dude is a Stefon Diggs clone.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 11:34 PM 02-05-2019
Dexter Lawrence has 35'' arms and an 85'' wingspan at 6'4'' and 340 lbs. Houston, Lawrence, Nnadi, Jones in base and Houston, Lawrence, Jones, Speaks in nickle would wreak havoc imo.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:44 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Screw receivers.

We need a starting Center and LG upgrade. If Jenkins or Risner fall in the 2nd you have to take one of them. 10-12 year starters.

There’s no guarantee that anyone is a long term starter. So many OL bust these days.

Not saying I wouldn’t draft one but all players come with risk and reward.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:54 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Screw receivers.

Brady is protected because the ball comes out before anybody can get there.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:20 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

You're going to be in subs a lot and those guys allow you to play the run with your front.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:23 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You're going to be in subs a lot and those guys allow you to play the run with your front.
I don't like taking a dominant interior rusher and moving him outside, where his speed is questionable.

I'd much rather draft a Ferguson to play RDE and leave Jones inside, where he's closest to the QB.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up