ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 140 of 324
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
warrior 08:29 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Already said it in another thread, but House is a fantastic hire

I agree excellent hire-
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:31 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
Seems like a quality hire.

Bolded text makes me happy.
Think this was from Arrowhead pride? Where they had him listed as a potential replacement for Sutton. Like this hire alot
[Reply]
staylor26 08:34 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Think this was from Arrowhead pride? Where they had him listed as a potential replacement for Sutton. Like this hire alot
I liked him as a candidate for the Hurricanes DC job and the Chiefs. This guy knows how to stop spread offenses. I think having him as an assistant to Spags is huge.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:45 AM 02-08-2019
My question is why would House want to come be a linebackers coach? He was getting offers for head coaching jobs. Maybe he has his sights set on the NFL and not college?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:46 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
My question is why would House want to come be a linebackers coach? He was getting offers for head coaching jobs. Maybe he has his sights set on the NFL and not college?

I imagine it's because HE WANT DAT RANG.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:47 AM 02-08-2019
I think the only logical answer is yes he wants the NFL experience.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:14 AM 02-08-2019
Probably prefers a future in the NFL.

Easiest path to promotion is KC right now.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:21 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I liked him as a candidate for the Hurricanes DC job and the Chiefs. This guy knows how to stop spread offenses. I think having him as an assistant to Spags is huge.
Definitely...and maybe he's Spags replacement later
[Reply]
BossChief 09:27 AM 02-08-2019
Assembling the best staff money can buy.
[Reply]
bowener 09:38 AM 02-08-2019
If Spags turns the Chiefs defense around, and the Chiefs go on to win the Super Bowl, Spags will go looking for a HC gig. If he doesn't go after 1 season he certainly will after 2, which is going to put House in the perfect position to take the DC job under arguably the best coach to get you a future HC gig.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:41 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
If Spags turns the Chiefs defense around, and the Chiefs go on to win the Super Bowl, Spags will go looking for a HC gig. If he doesn't go after 1 season he certainly will after 2, which is going to put House in the perfect position to take the DC job under arguably the best coach to get you a future HC gig.
And boom goes the dynamite.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:41 AM 02-08-2019
hopefully he has a disdain for the Patriots and wants to come to the NFL where the road will lead to a Pats matchup in the playoffs, and he wants to crush Tom Brady and send him off into retirement.

I really hope he hates Brady.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:46 AM 02-08-2019
Hitching yourself to the Reid Wagon has been a good decision for coaches, no?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:01 AM 02-08-2019
Maybe Speaks can play inside some. He's actually a tad bigger than Aaron Donald and is strong at the point of attack. He played all across the DL in college. It looks as if the coaches being hired on D all excel in coaching the front7. I hated Speaks probably more than anyone on this board, hated the pick, hated his peformance even more. But hopefully he can find a purpose in a new scheme.

Speaks was just horribly out of position at 34OLB. Not fast/athletic enough to stand up and play in space. Which kind of begs the question (considering the Chiefs reached and traded up for him)...wtf brilliant idea was that? At the time nobody knew that Sutton was going to get canned and we'd move to a 43, he was drafted to make the transition. Drafting projects in the 2nd rd IMO is just fucking stupid, especially when you didn't have a 1st rd pick and you need immediate help on D.

I just hope he finally has a home in this D, because if not, he'll go down on the list of Chiefs 2nd rd failures. Even KPass is probably more suited for 43, although he's so raw and came from a league w/ not much talent and used his size/strength to overwhelm his opponents, which hasn't translated at all to the NFL.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:51 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Maybe Speaks can play inside some. He's actually a tad bigger than Aaron Donald and is strong at the point of attack. He played all across the DL in college. It looks as if the coaches being hired on D all excel in coaching the front7. I hated Speaks probably more than anyone on this board, hated the pick, hated his peformance even more. But hopefully he can find a purpose in a new scheme.

Speaks was just horribly out of position at 34OLB. Not fast/athletic enough to stand up and play in space. Which kind of begs the question (considering the Chiefs reached and traded up for him)...wtf brilliant idea was that? At the time nobody knew that Sutton was going to get canned and we'd move to a 43, he was drafted to make the transition. Drafting projects in the 2nd rd IMO is just fucking stupid, especially when you didn't have a 1st rd pick and you need immediate help on D.

I just hope he finally has a home in this D, because if not, he'll go down on the list of Chiefs 2nd rd failures. Even KPass is probably more suited for 43, although he's so raw and came from a league w/ not much talent and used his size/strength to overwhelm his opponents, which hasn't translated at all to the NFL.
I beg to differ.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 324
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 > Last »
Up