ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 324
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 05:40 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Yeah but presumable we already found two good OLBs
One who's being paid twice what he's providing the team in stats....and one that is going to need a new deal and has an injury history.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:41 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Berry isn't getting cut.
Seems to be a lot of debate on that here at CP. Berry and his agent played it right by not having surgery until now. Chiefs will be on the hook for an extra $7.25M if he can't pass a physical on March 15. So yeah, Chiefs may be left with no option but to keep him.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:41 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
First round exit to the Browns at Arrowhead in Jan 2020?
You can only hope!

I'm pulling for you.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:41 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
So who gets fired from the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball or was Sutton the fall guy?
DeLeone and Harris better both be gone.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:42 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
No. It's about the most uninspiring hire Andy could make.

But being realistic, I don't think good candidates were going to be ok with having asst's already in place being forced on them. A Richard, Hewitt or a Rex Ryan likely wasn't going to have the DL coach already picked.
We lost out on the good DCs when we beat Indy. If we lose to Indy because of the defense.....I believe we would have gone after Bowles or Wilks.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:42 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I think they'll convince Houston to restructure.
That will be very easy to do. The Chiefs have a ton of leverage.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:45 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
DeLeone and Harris better both be gone.

Yeah I tend to agree, at least at the very minimum.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:45 PM 01-24-2019
There's just no way our D can be worse at game winning/losing/tying drives in the 4th Q than they were under Sutton. It's impossible.

And it also filters down to the position coaches. Our technique is bad, our recognition is bad, our tactics are bad. Some of that isn't Sutton's direct responsibility. But quality control is. And teaching - which apparently he gave up on a long time ago.

New blood + not old and braindead = I expect better things.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:46 PM 01-24-2019
Kill me all y’all want but a hire of someone who was the DC over the worst NFL defense in history, context be damned, the WORST DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL

Let that sink in, couple that with a fundamental scheme change to 4-3....

I’m not excited, I pray I’m wrong. But nothing in Spags history points to anything but next year being the same without pass rush. We have to hit on all our draft picks and FA just to have a chance to be middle of pack.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:46 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Play Houston at SLB.

He can cover.
Hell no.

His fucked up knee means he can turn and run with anyone faster than an offensive lineman. Houston is a DE from now on.
[Reply]
Fish 05:47 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
So who gets fired from the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball or was Sutton the fall guy?

[Reply]
The Franchise 05:48 PM 01-24-2019
1. Restructure Houston's contract.
2. Tag and trade Ford.
3. Cut Ragland, Sorensen and Murray.
4. Draft: Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State, Germaine Pratt, LB, N.C. State and Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware in the first two rounds.

Speaks - Nnadi - Jones - Houston
DOD - Pratt - Hitchens
Fuller - Berry/Lucas - Adderley/Watts - Oruwariye
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:48 PM 01-24-2019
I swear. If I hear out Houston in coverage one more time I’m gonna lose my fucking mind
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:48 PM 01-24-2019
Damn skippy, lets get that 43 rolling

Thank God mgmt made the right call and opted for radical change... the ball is now in Veach's court, go get us some freaking TALENT
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:49 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Kill me all y’all want but a hire of someone who was the DC over the worst NFL defense in history, context be damned, the WORST DEFENSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL

Let that sink in, couple that with a fundamental scheme change to 4-3....

I’m not excited, I pray I’m wrong. But nothing in Spags history points to anything but next year being the same without pass rush. We have to hit on all our draft picks and FA just to have a chance to be middle of pack.
Nothing? Like the rings that he has or the time when he had a top 10 defense? Nothing?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 324
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up