ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 50
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***
Coach 09:05 PM 10-29-2018
As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Spoiler!

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Spoiler!

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Spoiler!

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:33 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I smell a lockout.
The real issue is service time.

The players just didn't focus on that when Detroit's owner was willing to fork out $200 million to aging vets whenever he wanted to have fun.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:54 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yup. people have figured out that mega deal free agents hardly ever end up being worth it.

it's just a correction. I mean the players won't see it that way, but it is.
Service time is absolutely going to become an issue. Of course, that will screw over the Royals.
[Reply]
tk13 07:09 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I smell a lockout.
Only if the players don't strike first.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:22 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:

He should fire Scott Boras.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:34 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He should fire Scott Boras.
Lolololol.

But honestly did anyone expect him to not at least get a half way decent contract. Also he didnt want the one year deal knowing the free agents this year.
[Reply]
tk13 11:52 AM 02-18-2019
Travis Shaw apparently said this morning he still expects to play third. This means Moustakas will be playing 2B. I'm guessing we'll have to see how well that works in spring training first though
[Reply]
Bowser 01:03 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lolololol.

But honestly did anyone expect him to not at least get a half way decent contract. Also he didnt want the one year deal knowing the free agents this year.
Spin it however you'd like, but the bottom line is Boras straight fucked Moustakas out of some serious life changing money.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:25 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spin it however you'd like, but the bottom line is Boras straight ****ed Moustakas out of some serious life changing money.
So his life changes if he has 27M instead of 18m? Yeah, sure.
[Reply]
tk13 02:27 PM 02-18-2019
Craig Counsell basically confirmed that if all goes well they're going to start Moose at 2B. It's obvious from the last couple years that the Brewers are basically more concerned with scoring runs than preventing them.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:30 PM 02-18-2019
Spin it however you'd like, but the bottom line is Boras straight ****ed Moustakas out of some serious life changing money.
Not trying to spin anything. I have no reason to spin it in the first place. Im just pointing out that no one at that time thought that Moose should have taken the QO. People would have called him an idiot if he would have. Also lets not be dramatic, because he still got life changing money.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:48 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So his life changes if he has 27M instead of 18m? Yeah, sure.
Good to know 9 million isn't "life changing" in your view. I think you're full of shit, but good to know nonetheless.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:48 PM 02-18-2019
Craig Counsell basically confirmed that if all goes well they're going to start Moose at 2B. It's obvious from the last couple years that the Brewers are basically more concerned with scoring runs than preventing them.
Typical thinking about defense is out the window when Pablo Sandoval is able to make at least one play at 2B.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:50 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Not trying to spin anything. I have no reason to spin it in the first place. Im just pointing out that no one at that time thought that Moose should have taken the QO. People would have called him an idiot if he would have. Also lets not be dramatic, because he still got life changing money.
For sure, but Boras made a rather critical mistake trying to get his client paid. Which is, you know, his primary duty.

It's whatever at this point, but I am still kind of surprised he didn't drop Boras after all of that business.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:05 PM 02-18-2019
that's like...one of the dumbest plans I've ever heard for a pro level organization.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:33 PM 02-18-2019
For sure, but Boras made a rather critical mistake trying to get his client paid. Which is, you know, his primary duty.

It's whatever at this point, but I am still kind of surprised he didn't drop Boras after all of that business.
I think its kinda funny, since Boras is Boras and from most accounts Moose is sort of a little bitch. I think I blame Moose more than Boras though. No one wanted to sign Moose due to his attitude.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 50
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up