ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>FOX & MacFarlane's The Orville
Fire Me Boy! 06:46 AM 05-16-2017

[Reply]
Frazod 12:36 PM 10-15-2017
Got caught up with the season last night. I'm enjoying it. The wife really likes it as well.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 06:41 AM 10-25-2017
Finished the first 3 episodes. It's been great, even if the 3rd episode is sort of preachy (I think it played both sides well honestly) it was nothing compared to how some TNG episodes had zero subtlety in their messages. One bright spot is the pilot starting off as a cringy douche in the first episode but becomes the loveable retard later on.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:45 PM 10-25-2017
Did they skip a week?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:57 PM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Did they skip a week?
It’s in repeats until the World Series is over.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:26 PM 10-26-2017
Tonight's was decent, even if it was another commentary on upvote/downvote culture. Black Mirror had that one new episode, and even Community did a similar thing with castes of society based on your social rating. The Orville put a really cool different spin on it. I liked it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:21 AM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It’s in repeats until the World Series is over.
Oops, I guess not. Weird. Must have been a last minute decision.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 AM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Tonight's was decent, even if it was another commentary on upvote/downvote culture. Black Mirror had that one new episode, and even Community did a similar thing with castes of society based on your social rating. The Orville put a really cool different spin on it. I liked it.
Reminded me of the old Star Trek episode of the half black and white people. This episode was a little heavy handed on the "like" social commentary but it was okay. Not my favorite episode so far.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:01 AM 10-27-2017
Is this show supposed to be a comedy or drama? I watched part of the pilot episode and shut it off because it seemed to be neither. I would've been interested in a comedy, but the pilot wasn't making me chuckle.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:55 PM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is this show supposed to be a comedy or drama? I watched part of the pilot episode and shut it off because it seemed to be neither. I would've been interested in a comedy, but the pilot wasn't making me chuckle.
I think it's basically Seth McFarlane living out his Captain Kirk fantasy. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's serious. I like it, but not as much as I thought I would.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:58 PM 10-27-2017
I kind of agree. To be honest, have we ever seen a legit sci-fi comedy show?

Red Dwarf. That's the only one I can think of. And of course, that's British, so depending on your tastes, you might not view that as comedy.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:03 PM 10-27-2017
its only on its 4th or 5th show but it's getting its legs under it and deciding what type of show works best with Mcfarlands humor within a Star Trek remake.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:03 PM 10-27-2017

Red Dwarf. That's the only one I can think of. And of course, that's British, so depending on your tastes, you might not view that as comedy.

[Reply]
unlurking 03:03 PM 10-27-2017

Lexx was hilarious.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:53 PM 10-27-2017

Mork and Mindy with Robin Williams and My Favorite Martian with Bill Bixby. Duh. :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:55 PM 10-27-2017

Quark, from the 1970s, if that counts as "legit."
[Reply]
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up