ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 94
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:34 PM 02-17-2014
I think Rust's girlfriend must have a larger arc to come, as they cast as known a name as Elizabeth Reiser.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:44 PM 02-17-2014
http://www.darknessbecomesyou.com/
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:06 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think Rust's girlfriend must have a larger arc to come, as they cast as known a name as Elizabeth Reiser.
Who
[Reply]
Aries Walker 10:46 PM 02-17-2014
I think Cohle has 'disappeared' because, spurred on by hearing the killer is still alive, he's been on the case this whole time, invisibly deep undercover because he suspects police involvement. And yeah, his storage locker is filled with evidence that he someday plans to present.

I think the Super Twist would be if it was Hart who was the (or a) killer, but I don't think he is. Because it's a clean 180 degrees from the expected, the writers wouldn't be so cliche; his guilt would seem forced, like stunt writing, and that's way below this level. The first person I'd look at is the guy who was mowing the grass at what turned out to apparently be the killer's hideout.

Story-wise, the part that feels out of place is Hart's family. It feels like a subplot given a lot of time, and the whole narrative there feels more standard and expected than the rest of the show.. I am tempted to think that they will play a part in the finale, besides just being illustrative tools to show that Hart's life is falling apart. How, I have no idea.

And all the metaphysical stuff - the fourth dimension being us, the audience, and that we see the actors live their lives over and over - is pretty fascinating. This is a show that transcends television, and even storytelling. (If nothing else, it connects this piece of brilliance with old Cheers reruns and Dazed and Confused, which is mind-blowing in itself.)

If it can keep this level going for another season or two, this show will earn itself a place on the best-ever list.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:53 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Buck:
Sheeeit. Best episode thus far.
no - four.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 10:55 PM 02-17-2014
Any episode of any series would be hard pressed to beat number four. The tracking shot at the end was the cherry on top.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:56 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
I think Cohle has 'disappeared' because, spurred on by hearing the killer is still alive, he's been on the case this whole time, invisibly deep undercover because he suspects police involvement. And yeah, his storage locker is filled with evidence that he someday plans to present.

I think the Super Twist would be if it was Hart who was the (or a) killer, but I don't think he is. Because it's a clean 180 degrees from the expected, the writers wouldn't be so cliche; his guilt would seem forced, like stunt writing, and that's way below this level. The first person I'd look at is the guy who was mowing the grass at what turned out to apparently be the killer's hideout.

Story-wise, the part that feels out of place is Hart's family. It feels like a subplot given a lot of time, and the whole narrative there feels more standard and expected than the rest of the show.. I am tempted to think that they will play a part in the finale, besides just being illustrative tools to show that Hart's life is falling apart. How, I have no idea.

And all the metaphysical stuff - the fourth dimension being us, the audience, and that we see the actors live their lives over and over - is pretty fascinating. This is a show that transcends television, and even storytelling. (If nothing else, it connects this piece of brilliance with old Cheers reruns and Dazed and Confused, which is mind-blowing in itself.)

If it can keep this level going for another season or two, this show will earn itself a place on the best-ever list.

I really struggle with details quite a bit - I need to rewatch all of them - maybe even several times.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:35 AM 02-18-2014
For those who didn't catch it. Lizzie is Maisie.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:03 AM 02-18-2014
There's definitely something more to Reverend Tuttle from the first episode. His name comes up a few more times over the investigation (in association to both the religious school and the preacher who I also don't think we've seen the last of).
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:18 AM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by the_spatula:
Remind me about this. I vaguely remember it. The show hadn't quite sucked me in yet so I wasn't poring over every detail.

Jay O. Sanders, the person who generalized it as Satanic and is the "face" of the Task Force
[Reply]
ragedogg69 09:12 AM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
For those who didn't catch it. Lizzie is Maisie.
Yep. My wife pointed that out. The only interesting character left on the Walking Dead.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 09:49 AM 02-18-2014
I was wondering what they did with Ginger. Did they kill him,and I missed it or are we supposed to just assume that?
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 11:15 AM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
I was wondering what they did with Ginger. Did they kill him,and I missed it or are we supposed to just assume that?
He told Marty that he was wrapped up in a ditch.
[Reply]
Bambi 12:06 PM 02-18-2014
stolen from reedit

[Reply]
Bowser 12:25 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:
stolen from reedit

Damn. Pair that up with that gang rape scene the girls had with their dolls....
[Reply]
Page 17 of 94
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up