ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 382
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:47 AM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Baruch atah Hashem Eloheinu Melech Haolam,
shehakol nih'yeh bidvaro.
It is actually a quality product. :-)
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 09:16 AM 06-04-2010
So do a lot of planeteers disregard the illegality of transporting liquor across state lines?
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:19 AM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
So do a lot of planeteers disregard the illegality of transporting liquor across state lines?
Shit, just about everytime I go to Oklahome Joe's and stop by the liquor store that is basically next door and pick up a six-pack of Ska Modus Hoperandi and maybe a Smokestack Series beer since they don't sell quickly at that store.

I've thrice transported a car trunkfull of beer from Illinois to Iowa to Missouri. Combine that with my regular shipping of beer through FedEx w/o a license to do so and it is clear that I don't care about these laws.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 09:20 AM 06-04-2010
How else can you get 40's in Florida?
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 09:27 AM 06-04-2010
Well then, I guess I should be more adventurous. :-)
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 09:34 AM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Shit, just about everytime I go to Oklahome Joe's and stop by the liquor store that is basically next door and pick up a six-pack of Ska Modus Hoperandi and maybe a Smokestack Series beer since they don't sell quickly at that store.

I've thrice transported a car trunkfull of beer from Illinois to Iowa to Missouri. Combine that with my regular shipping of beer through FedEx w/o a license to do so and it is clear that I don't care about these laws.
:-)
[Reply]
Shag 09:50 AM 06-04-2010
It's simply transporting yeast samples, or collectible bottles. The liquid in the bottles is simply a suspension media for the yeast, or a cooling system for the bottles. :-)

I do it all the time, and don't really give it much thought...
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 11:09 AM 06-05-2010
Tried Goose Island's Sofie last night. Thought I was going to hate it after the first few sips (I can usually tell from that small sample alone) but boy was I wrong. It was delicious.

I guess I had to get the initial bite out of the way. After that, I liked the aftertaste.

That said, I preferred their Pere Jacques, though I think that is because I prefer Dubbel over Saison.
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:19 AM 06-05-2010
Tried Goose Island's Sofie last night. Thought I was going to hate it after the first few sips (I can usually tell from that small sample alone) but boy was I wrong. It was delicious.

I guess I had to get the initial bite out of the way. After that, I liked the aftertaste.

That said, I preferred their Pere Jacques, though I think that is because I prefer Dubbel over Saison.
I really love Sofie. I must have bought 10+ bottles of the 2009 between trips to the liquor store or at Blanc Burgers + Bottles because it perfectly compliments their Au Poivre Burger. I'm stoked that it is in 4-packs of 12oz. bottles now.
[Reply]
RNR 11:54 AM 06-05-2010
I started drinking different beers a while back. I tried several. I went back to domestic. I like the taste of Bud Light :-)
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:13 PM 06-05-2010
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider:
I started drinking different beers a while back. I tried several. I went back to domestic. I like the taste of Bud Light :-)
I'm sorry that you didn't find any other beers to suit your tastes. FWIW, "domestic" means the opposite of import -- beer from within the country.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 12:21 PM 06-05-2010
I'm sorry that you didn't find any other beers to suit your tastes. FWIW, "domestic" means the opposite of import -- beer from within the country.
That's why I hate when bars say their specials are on domestic drafts - only to find out "domestic" means Bud, Miller and Coors products.
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:23 PM 06-05-2010
That's why I hate when bars say their specials are on domestic drafts - only to find out "domestic" means Bud, Miller and Coors products.
Yeah. They appropriated the word domestic because the correct term, American Adjunct Lager, doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.
[Reply]
RNR 12:38 PM 06-05-2010
Well you have been around me long enough to know I ain't that bright. I just think of Bud, Coors and the lot as "domestic" and you are right most the beers I tried were made in the US. I liked some of the fancy beers but never found any that made think wow that tastes so good I am going to start drinking that! I have several friends that are like you guys and drink all kinds of beers I have never heard of. I guess my taste buds are easy to please. When I drink beer an ice cold Bud Light tastes good to me~
[Reply]
Bowser 01:44 PM 06-05-2010
I thought you meant the 50 beers I have in my garage fridge.

HEY OHH!!
[Reply]
Page 13 of 382
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up